Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, mitzab said:

good day for 19th and 25th Jan filers.

611638160_ScreenShot2021-08-23at11_50_35PM.png.5cc9dbffa56bbe07533fe6da27ef4992.png

Hello, is there a particular reason for certain dates and not the other? not sure why I assumed it'd be in chronological order, but then I'm also seeing the beneficiary's country can also be a factor. My NOA1 is 01/14 and I'm hoping to hear something this week, maybe lol.

1 hour ago, prai said:

Would you mind telling us what was your RFE for? 

I posted it earlier on Jan. Filers. So I apologize for repeat. But in case some people missed it.... My RFE was for a divorce decree and more evidence that we have met within 2 years. Really easy stuff. In the letter USCIS sent they specifically stated iteneraries and photos aren't sufficient. Must have as least one of the following in addition to the above mentioned: receipts for plane, hotel, passport stamps, plane boarding passes. 

I sent back copies of passport pages, receipts for Airbnb and plane tickets, and boarding passes. 

Edited by Fordez19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Rolling the dice that the march notification of assigned cases (the January cases that were assigned a case # in the first/2nd week of march) get some status updates in the next couple days.  And hoping the best for everyone.  In the past few days, I've been sweet talking the app and phone because they have been overworked with refreshes.  

Just stay focused on that relationship with your future life partner and know again, we are much further along than we were in January when we sent off the packet and March when we received the notification of receipt and creation of our cases.  By the way, when I type all this stuff, I am normally including myself because I have to remind myself of all of this.

We will all get to the love ones no matter what :)

6 hours ago, Nnenna0304 said:

Hello, is there a particular reason for certain dates and not the other? not sure why I assumed it'd be in chronological order, but then I'm also seeing the beneficiary's country can also be a factor. My NOA1 is 01/14 and I'm hoping to hear something this week, maybe lol.

I guess different USCIS agents are pulling stacks of files from different received dates at the same time.

5 hours ago, mitzab said:

Thank you for your kind comment. I usually use magic 🎩  

On a serious note, when I filed petition for my Fiance back in January I stumbled here on Visa Journey and a lot of the senior members had a system similar to this going in many threads, September, October etc.

So I started compiling data from the case tracker app and typed almost 18000 wac numbers and then separated them based on what they were then created this chart based on what works for me easiest, rest is all excel. It's time consuming, but helps me deal with the anxiety of waiting 😅.

I am hoping our file number comes soon, we are NOA1 on 26th Jan, so if you like my chart send us lots of prayers 🙏 ❤ 

Thanks

Thank for your time and effort on this. Much respect!

On a serious note, when I filed petition for my Fiance back in January I stumbled here on Visa Journey and a lot of the senior members had a system similar to this going in many threads, September, October etc.

So I started compiling data from the case tracker app and typed almost 18000 wac numbers and then separated them based on what they were then created this chart based on what works for me easiest, rest is all excel. It's time consuming, but helps me deal with the anxiety of waiting 😅.

I am hoping our file number comes soon, we are NOA1 on 26th Jan, so if you like my chart send us lots of prayers 🙏 ❤ 

Thanks

Thanks. It would be nice to see update every other day since we are getting close. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks

Thank you for all your hard work.  I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone does!  I understand the need to feel like we are progressing toward getting to the end goal!  But you are going above and beyond!  Thank you so much.  Much appreciated.  Good luck to you and all on your journeys.  

Timeline

I woke suddenly this morning and just knew there was a change to my status.  It wasn't the approval I was hoping for but instead an RFE.  But hey, that is better than nothing I guess.  Now I wait for the letter.  I wish they were available to see in our account instead of waiting for snail mail.  Now all the thoughts are swirling in my head as to what they want.  Does anyone have info on the RFE process. Do we have to mail info back vs. submitting online, how long for them to respond once they receive?  It is getting close!!!!   Thank you all for being here and all the tremendous help and support you all provide.  We are all in this together.  Peace and good luck to all.

10 minutes ago, SandyR said:

I woke suddenly this morning and just knew there was a change to my status.  It wasn't the approval I was hoping for but instead an RFE.  But hey, that is better than nothing I guess.  Now I wait for the letter.  I wish they were available to see in our account instead of waiting for snail mail.  Now all the thoughts are swirling in my head as to what they want.  Does anyone have info on the RFE process. Do we have to mail info back vs. submitting online, how long for them to respond once they receive?  It is getting close!!!!   Thank you all for being here and all the tremendous help and support you all provide.  We are all in this together.  Peace and good luck to all.

Congrats!! My RFE timeline so far is Aug 16, request sent. I got my letter in the mail on the 20th. I had a really simple RFE, (divorce decree, and more proof of is meeting in person w/in 2 years). So I sent off same day(20th), priority mail. They updated Aug. 24th response to RFE request received. I use a tracker app and it takes at least 8 days round trip if you send info back same day. I think the time it takes to get approval (or denial) depends on the type of RFE. I am guessing it takes another 2 weeks or more to find out results of RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, SandyR said:

I didnt get the feeling, but i figured i would check anyways.  Nothing yet but the hope is still there for sure.   But as always, some movement is better than none and like @Fordez19 said, it might be a quick turnaround for you as in you can provide the information quick and itll get back to the center for the continued processing.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fordez19 said:

Congrats!! My RFE timeline so far is Aug 16, request sent. I got my letter in the mail on the 20th. I had a really simple RFE, (divorce decree, and more proof of is meeting in person w/in 2 years). So I sent off same day(20th), priority mail. They updated Aug. 24th response to RFE request received. I use a tracker app and it takes at least 8 days round trip if you send info back same day. I think the time it takes to get approval (or denial) depends on the type of RFE. I am guessing it takes another 2 weeks or more to find out results of RFE.

2 hours ago, Fordez19 said:

Wow - thanks so much.  It is nice to have some reference of time.  I am hoping it is something simple as well.  I appreciate the update!  Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hi all, 

Just an update...I received my I-797 notice today. Although I was approved on 8/19, the notice date says 8/18 and valid from 8/18 to 12/17. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.