Sionan

Medical report delayed - interview in 2 days, help!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi there. My medical exam shows that I have been exposed to TB and need to have an X-ray and possibly treatment. Because of that my medical report won’t be ready on time for my interview in 2 days time.

what should I do? Reschedule my interview when I’ve been given full clearance and report by doctor, or just go to the interview without the document? 
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Go to the interview. Expect 221g until they get the medical and they’ll then decide on your visa. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure how a medical report shows that you have been exposed?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Medical exam can say there may be an issue and chest exray is needed

if TB is detected it requires lengthy treatment and after treatment a new medical to clear for the visa

According to Mayo Clinic

During the physical exam, your doctor will check your lymph nodes for swelling and use a stethoscope to listen carefully to the sounds your lungs make while you breathe.

The most commonly used diagnostic tool for tuberculosis is a simple skin test, though blood tests are becoming more commonplace. A small amount of a substance called PPD tuberculin is injected just below the skin of your inside forearm. You should feel only a slight needle #######.

Within 48 to 72 hours, a health care professional will check your arm for swelling at the injection site. A hard, raised red bump means you're likely to have TB infection. The size of the bump determines whether the test results are significant.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tuberculosis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20351256

Edited by JeanneAdil

34 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Go to the interview. Expect 221g until they get the medical and they’ll then decide on your visa. 

Agree with this. Rescheduling interviews can be a nightmare at the best of times and even worse now, but standard advice is always attend the interview, and they will (assuming everything else is in order) just hold off issuing the visa until you can send in appropriate documents. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

Medical exam can say there may be an issue and chest exray is needed

if TB is detected it requires lengthy treatment and after treatment a new medical to clear for the visa

According to Mayo Clinic

During the physical exam, your doctor will check your lymph nodes for swelling and use a stethoscope to listen carefully to the sounds your lungs make while you breathe.

The most commonly used diagnostic tool for tuberculosis is a simple skin test, though blood tests are becoming more commonplace. A small amount of a substance called PPD tuberculin is injected just below the skin of your inside forearm. You should feel only a slight needle #######.

Within 48 to 72 hours, a health care professional will check your arm for swelling at the injection site. A hard, raised red bump means you're likely to have TB infection. The size of the bump determines whether the test results are significant.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tuberculosis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20351256

Except this is not what panel physicians do. Typical battery is xray then if suspicion,  a  sputum culture 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
30 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Except this is not what panel physicians do. Typical battery is xray then if suspicion,  a  sputum culture 

A complete medical does require listening to the chest and checking the lympth nodes and that would lead to possible TB although it can also be just algergies

and in some countries,  they automatically do the chest xray for TB (like African countries )

11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

A complete medical does require listening to the chest and checking the lympth nodes and that would lead to possible TB although it can also be just algergies

and in some countries,  they automatically do the chest xray for TB (like African countries )

Actually according to CDC everyone must have an X-ray age 15 or older, all countries https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/tuberculosis-panel-technical-instructions.html#screening

Is OP doing AOS and it’s different procedure here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Skin test would prove positive in Ireland as it does in the UK so pointless.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Is OP doing AOS and it’s different procedure here?

I wouldn't believe tbe profile as it says AOS approved 

YMMV

Timeline
On 12/5/2020 at 11:57 AM, Boiler said:

Not sure how a medical report shows that you have been exposed?

Blood work- 

as it turned out it was actually my BCG vaccination - the vaccine records did not show that i had been immunized and the doctor neglected to ask me if i had had the BCG vaccine which is actually routine practice for young kids in ireland. so one 200 dollar chest xray later here we are :/ 

22 hours ago, HRQX said:

I assume OP went to Civil Surgeon for I-693:

yes i did

Timeline
On 12/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, payxibka said:

I wouldn't believe tbe profile as it says AOS approved 

i have to change that, i meant to say ive received EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.