l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

Ok, this is frustrating. Fingerprints were taken September 20th 2021. Then got an update on my case October 5th, 2022 saying We ordered your new card YAY!

BUT it never came, the case history says card was delivered but we never received it. I think it was sent to my previous address, however I submitted an address change September 16th 2021, before my fingerprints were even taken. I have the confirmation number. 

I think I have to file a form I90, without the fee because the card wasn't delivered/they sent it to the wrong address. Has anyone else had this happen? Do I just include the address change confirmation in the packet?  

Of course it can never be easy!

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 7:58 AM, Poppyseed said:

Ok, this is frustrating. Fingerprints were taken September 20th 2021. Then got an update on my case October 5th, 2022 saying We ordered your new card YAY!

BUT it never came, the case history says card was delivered but we never received it. I think it was sent to my previous address, however I submitted an address change September 16th 2021, before my fingerprints were even taken. I have the confirmation number. 

I think I have to file a form I90, without the fee because the card wasn't delivered/they sent it to the wrong address. Has anyone else had this happen? Do I just include the address change confirmation in the packet?  

HI Poppyseed, hope you were able to get some clarity on what you were working through.

On my end, I still havent heard back on my case. (Applied Dec 2020 for removal of conditions, applied as divorced.)

I called the USCIS case status line today & the agent I spoke to said my case is outside normal processing times at this point, and submitted an inquiry for an update.

Anyone else waiting like I am as well?

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2023 at 3:47 PM, AtsuLascelles11 said:

HI Poppyseed, hope you were able to get some clarity on what you were working through.

On my end, I still havent heard back on my case. (Applied Dec 2020 for removal of conditions, applied as divorced.)

I called the USCIS case status line today & the agent I spoke to said my case is outside normal processing times at this point, and submitted an inquiry for an update.

Anyone else waiting like I am as well?

Yes I’m still waiting.  My two year extension letter runs out next month, so I will be calling to get a stamp.  My driving license will run out at the same time so need to get a stamp to renew that.  It says you can phone 30 days before the extension runs out so i can call next week.

It’s all very frustrating, like never ending waiting.  Hope you’ve had some luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've been in here. Just a BS follow up to what happened to my husband when we got his 10 yr card.... They listed him as a Female. So we sent it back, with a letter, and proof (yes, despite them interviewing him 2 x and all the pictures) that he is infact a male, per their request. The card I think was sent back in mid 2021 and there has been no updates. He was told he can only get 1 stamp in his passport, but he needs a new one as he needs to renew his DL. They said last month it would be fast tracked to a level 2 supervisor and now mid February...crickets. Needless to say, he is pissed and he really wants to leave the US. It's been one issue after another with USCIS, and it is always their mistake. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've been in here. Just a BS follow up to what happened to my husband when we got his 10 yr card.... They listed him as a Female. So we sent it back, with a letter, and proof (yes, despite them interviewing him 2 x and all the pictures) that he is infact a male, per their request. The card I think was sent back in mid 2021 and there has been no updates. He was told he can only get 1 stamp in his passport, but he needs a new one as he needs to renew his DL. They said last month it would be fast tracked to a level 2 supervisor and now mid February...crickets. Needless to say, he is pissed and he really wants to leave the US. It's been one issue after another with USCIS, and it is always their mistake. 

I suggest he seriously consider filing an N-400.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

He was told he can only get 1 stamp in his passport, but he needs a new one as he needs to renew his DL. They said last month it would be fast tracked to a level 2 supervisor and now mid February...crickets.

Ask for help from your US congressperson or senator.  US congress reps usually have a web form to assist their constituents for follow up with federal agencies.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, Tam&Sar said:

Yes I’m still waiting.  My two year extension letter runs out next month, so I will be calling to get a stamp.  My driving license will run out at the same time so need to get a stamp to renew that.  It says you can phone 30 days before the extension runs out so i can call next week.

It’s all very frustrating, like never ending waiting.  Hope you’ve had some luck.

No luck yet!

I called the USCIS line, spoke to them, asked for any update. They said my case is outside the normal processing time, and they have put in a request to get me an answer in 30 days, that was Jan 12, its Feb 17th now & still no update

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 11:43 AM, AtsuLascelles11 said:

No luck yet!

I called the USCIS line, spoke to them, asked for any update. They said my case is outside the normal processing time, and they have put in a request to get me an answer in 30 days, that was Jan 12, its Feb 17th now & still no update

So I called to make an appointment for a stamp in my passport.  They were very helpful, called me back the same day and my appointment is set for next week.

However today I had a new extension letter arrive, I had an 18 month one, then a 24 month one.  Now I have 48 months!   Great…I don’t mind that at all.  Although I now need to cancel my appointment lol.  Also don’t understand why I wasn’t notified of any post heading my way, all signed up online so that’s weird.    Still I have another two years for them to look at my paperwork  so that’s fine by me. Especially as I can now get my driving license sorted. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tam&Sar said:

So I called to make an appointment for a stamp in my passport.  They were very helpful, called me back the same day and my appointment is set for next week.

However today I had a new extension letter arrive, I had an 18 month one, then a 24 month one.  Now I have 48 months!   Great…I don’t mind that at all.  Although I now need to cancel my appointment lol.  Also don’t understand why I wasn’t notified of any post heading my way, all signed up online so that’s weird.    Still I have another two years for them to look at my paperwork  so that’s fine by me. Especially as I can now get my driving license sorted. 

If it's not a huge hassle I would still get the passport stamp, in case you lose the extension letter you'll still have an extra form of proof in your passport. Might as well since stamp appointments are often not easy to get.

8 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

If it's not a huge hassle I would still get the passport stamp, in case you lose the extension letter you'll still have an extra form of proof in your passport. Might as well since stamp appointments are often not easy to get.

Sometimes IO at USCIS takes away expired GC when issuing the stamp. That's not a very desirable thing to happen IMHO if 48 month extension is in hand.

Edited by OldUser

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Sometimes IO at USCIS takes away expired GC when issuing the stamp. That's not a very desirable thing to happen IMHO if 48 month extension is in hand.

Yeah, I’m going to cancel my appointment.  I don’t need it now I have the 48 month letter and hopefully me cancelling means someone else can get in.  

Timeline
13 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Don't bring the card with - basically the same thing if someone lost it. Anyways sounds like OP is cancelling so all should be good either way.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:58 AM, Poppyseed said:

Hey, have you heard anything from USCIS? I'm about to file a remail request through the E-request as soon as I hit 30 days of no delivery. When it's not delivered you can do that, without reapplying with the I-90 form.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

On 2/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, jackiegringa said:

Hey, have you heard anything from USCIS? I'm about to file a remail request through the E-request as soon as I hit 30 days of no delivery. When it's not delivered you can do that, without reapplying with the I-90 form.

Yes, however it got more confusing. After I submitted a request through e-request I mentioned that it was delivered to the wrong address due to their error, they got back to me and said "your card was mailed on October, 11" then said to fill out an i-90 with the correct fees because it was not lost it was delivered, so basically the request was useless.

I then went to submit an i-90 but I had another issue where I submitted for a name change months ago, so I genuinely did not know what name it was addressed to, I couldn't submit an I-90 without knowing the name it was addressed too. I tried a couple times to reach a real person on the USCIS number which did not work. I finally was able to talk to someone by using the magic words "schedule an info pass appointment" it connected me right away and I was able to determine the correct name and also that they sent it to the wrong address, despite having the new address on file. She advised me to submit an i-90 by mail with a cover page explaining that it should have been sent to the new address and for me not to include the fee (you can submit your i-90 online, but I couldn't because I was requesting a fee waiver) I mailed that document and THE NEXT DAY I had an update in my USCIS account that they got my card back as undeliverable..4 months after it was said to have been delivered. 

So my i-90 case is listed as being actively reviewed, but now they have my undelivered card, so I don't know if I should submit a new e-request now that they know it was not delivered or just wait for them to look at the i-90. 

Edit: forgot to mention I opened a case with USPS and they confirmed it was delivered to my old address. So at that point it was their error, it was technically delivered as far as anyone knew but they got the address wrong. Which isn't listed as an option when submitting an e-request or an i-90 it is only if the card was not delivered. 

Edited by Poppyseed

6 hours ago, Poppyseed said:

So my i-90 case is listed as being actively reviewed, but now they have my undelivered card, so I don't know if I should submit a new e-request now that they know it was not delivered or just wait for them to look at the i-90. 

Edit: forgot to mention I opened a case with USPS and they confirmed it was delivered to my old address. So at that point it was their error, it was technically delivered as far as anyone knew but they got the address wrong. Which isn't listed as an option when submitting an e-request or an i-90 it is only if the card was not delivered. 

Wow, I'm sorry this is so frustrating. I'd definitely ask for a remail using that undeliverable/usps case, you don't have much to lose at this point. If the I-90 ever gets to the point of decision (approval/denial) you can worry about it then, at most you'd surrender the extra gc lol

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.