l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, Poppyseed said:

Did anyone that had to get Biometrics hear anything after that? I can see from the December 2020 filers doc that most people had biometrics waived. I had my Biometrics taken on 9/20/21 and have heard nothing since. I am just wondering if applying biometrics seem to delay things longer. 

I’m in the same boat. Biometrics waived in March 2021 and no movement since. This is really unbelievable at this point. I have 8 more months left on my 24 month extension letter. We had an interview for my AOS so not sure if I’ll get one this time . I can’t believe how long this is taking.

• 2 weeks later...

I had biometrics done in July 21, and nothing since.  Got a 24 month extension last December.  Driving licence expires in September, I originally renewed it with my 18 month extension.  Will have to go and get it renewed in a week or so using the additional 6 months on my 24 month extension.  Not sure what happens with that if I still haven’t heard anything.  Not being able to drive would be really really inconvenient so say the least.  Feels like I’m getting nowhere fast.  

Anyone else still waiting? 

Yes we are also waiting and on the same boat. What happens if extension expires and we still don't have an approval. 

Our Received Date was 12/15/20 and my wife had her Biometrics on 5/4/21. Only notification after that for us was an update stating "Name was Updated on 5/12/21, about a week after Biometrics was completed. 

Haven't really heard from anyone from Potomac Service Center. Wonder if there are others as well from there. 

My worry is that my wife's 24 month extension letter expires on October 24, 2022. What happens if she doesn't get her I751 approved by then? Does she automatically get an extension? We purchased a cruise without even thinking of her Residency and now I'm worried because it is scheduled for November. 

Any others out there? Does someone know if USCIS send and automatic extension if they see they are unable to approve it by the expiration date?

Edited by Mr_Bridge

I-751 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

05/04/21 - Biometrics completed

05/12/21 - NOA2 "Name was updated"

11/15/21 - NOA3 Resident status extended for 24 months (expires Oct 10/24/22)

No other communication. Waiting....

35 minutes ago, Mr_Bridge said:

Yes we are also waiting and on the same boat. What happens if extension expires and we still don't have an approval. 

Our Received Date was 12/15/20 and my wife had her Biometrics on 5/4/21. Only notification after that for us was an update stating "Name was Updated on 5/12/21, about a week after Biometrics was completed. 

Haven't really heard from anyone from Potomac Service Center. Wonder if there are others as well from there. 

My worry is that my wife's 24 month extension letter expires on October 24, 2022. What happens if she doesn't get her I751 approved by then? Does she automatically get an extension? We purchased a cruise without even thinking of her Residency and now I'm worried because it is scheduled for November. 

Any others out there? Does someone know if USCIS send and automatic extension if they see they are unable to approve it by the expiration date?

Get an infopass appointment and i-551 stamp in immigrant's passport that's valid for a year.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I had my interview 2 days ago, I was approved together with n400. 

Filled on 12/11/2020. MSC

10/27/2021  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

08/29/2022 Interview

Nice ! Congratulations!

im still waiting to get scheduled for my interview, i got notice as of April 13 2022 that ill be scheduled for an interview but havent heard about the actual date yet.

Are you able to share some details about your case? i got divorced unfortunately before the renewal, hence i believe the need for an interview.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:41 PM, mveruovic said:

I had my interview 2 days ago, I was approved together with n400. 

Filled on 12/11/2020. MSC

10/27/2021  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

08/29/2022 Interview

Congratulations!! Mine was filed 12/15/20 keeping my fingers crossed that it's coming up soon for us. 

Although I'm in the dreadfully long Potomac Service Center. 

If you can share something about your interview that would be great.

Again congratulations.

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mr_Bridge said:

On 8/11/2022 at 10:45 AM, OldUser said:

Get an infopass appointment and i-551 stamp in immigrant's passport that's valid for a year.

Update:

I called USCIS on Tuesday Sept 6 to request an InfoPass Appt. The nice lady took my information and told me we'd get a call within 30 days to schedule the appointment. Lo and behold they called me 2 days later (Thursday Sep 8th) and gave us and appointment for next day (today)at 7:40am. 

My wife was in and out in 10 minutes with her passport stamped with an I-551. They extended it for 1 year. 

Thank you "Old User" for your advice. 

For those thinking about an InfoPass appointment just do it. 

12/15/20 - Received date

01/21/21 - NOA1

• 1 month later...

@AtsuLascelles11 I heard it's a good thing. It's possible somebody was reviewing your case and accidentally clicked some button that changed the status of your case. Maybe you will be indeed soon having your interview or have it waived. No guarantees though.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.