R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,641 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Justme_13 said:

Sure will do, fingers crossed is soon. I dont seem to see a patern of IL timelines 

The last 3 months they've all been 4 days before the end of the month - 24th Feb, 27th March and 26th April. I'm waiting for one too (but for EB1) and am thinking the next batch will be sent around the 27th May. 

Not watch them come out tomorrow just to show me how wrong I am. 😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, appleblossom said:

The last 3 months they've all been 4 days before the end of the month - 24th Feb, 27th March and 26th April. I'm waiting for one too (but for EB1) and am thinking the next batch will be sent around the 27th May. 

LoL, thanks!! Wishing IL for everybody end of month! will update if I hear anything xx

1 hour ago, mm2182 said:

We just got DQ’d today- wondering if I should expect the IL at the end of this month or June?

finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for this whole process

I've now been told by two lawyers that the rough cut off date for most consulates is around the 5th of the month for IL's, but that is unofficial and only what they reckon from years of experience! So they could well be wrong, and I suspect it also depends on the visa category - as spouses you may get priority over other categories that were DQ'ed earlier.

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I've now been told by two lawyers that the rough cut off date for most consulates is around the 5th of the month for IL's, but that is unofficial and only what they reckon from years of experience! So they could well be wrong, and I suspect it also depends on the visa category - as spouses you may get priority over other categories that were DQ'ed earlier.

Are ILs only sent out once a month?

3 minutes ago, mm2182 said:

Are ILs only sent out once a month?

Usually, yes for London (no idea about other consulates). Last 3 dates were 24th Feb, 27th March and 26th April, so once a month at the end of the month. Since last summer there have only been a couple of months that they sent out twice (i.e. December - perhaps because of Xmas?), but generally IL's are sent out in a batch once a month.

Edited by appleblossom

6 hours ago, appleblossom said:

On 5/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, mochon said:

DQED on 16/05/23. Did I make the cutoff for this months IL? Finger crossed 

I have seen a few people in this thread recently get an interview letter having been DQd around the 12th or so, so there is still hope! 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:15 PM, sarahlou12 said:

I have seen a few people in this thread recently get an interview letter having been DQd around the 12th or so, so there is still hope! 

Hi there… people who were DQ 12 may got IL? Or 12 April? My DQ is 14 April no IL as yet. I know someone who was DQ on 13 April who got IL 26 April. My kids (IR2) just got DQ on 15 May so hoping we’ll get IL in the May batch 🤞🏼

Edited by henrietta s

1 hour ago, henrietta s said:

Hi there… people who were DQ 12 may got IL? Or 12 April? My DQ is 14 April no IL as yet. I know someone who was DQ on 13 April who got IL 26 April. My kids (IR2) just got DQ on 15 May so hoping we’ll get IL in the May batch 🤞🏼

Nah I just mean over the past several months, in that it doesn't look like the cutoff is quite as early as the 5th of any given month because early in the year I see there were people DQ on the 20th of a month who got IL at the end of the same month. That's awesome, it looks positive for you for this month! I wonder if they see that you have kids linked and organise it altogether for you, it could explain why the person DQ just before you did get one.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:22 AM, appleblossom said:

Yep, I was wrong, not the end of the month this time - just got ours! I’m EB1 but thought I’d share on here for anybody tracking when the batches of letters come out for London. Interview on 17th July, I was DQ’ed 21st April. 

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Yep, I was wrong, not the end of the month this time - just got ours! I’m EB1 but thought I’d share on here for anybody tracking when the batches of letters come out for London. Interview on 17th July, I was DQ’ed 21st April. 

Oh nice one congrats!! So does EB1 tend to come out around the same time as CR1/IR1, have you noticed in the past?

1 hour ago, sarahlou12 said:

Oh nice one congrats!! So does EB1 tend to come out around the same time as CR1/IR1, have you noticed in the past?

They have in the past, but not many EB1's so it's hard to know for sure, there are very few of us around.  Hopefully others in different categories have had their IL's today as well. There's one other on VJ that I've seen get an IL today and s/he was EB2 (interview date late July IIRC).

Edited by appleblossom

On 5/20/2023 at 7:20 AM, appleblossom said:

Congrats that’s awesome… 

On 5/20/2023 at 12:29 AM, sarahlou12 said:

Nah I just mean over the past several months, in that it doesn't look like the cutoff is quite as early as the 5th of any given month because early in the year I see there were people DQ on the 20th of a month who got IL at the end of the same month. That's awesome, it looks positive for you for this month! I wonder if they see that you have kids linked and organise it altogether for you, it could explain why the person DQ just before you did get one.

Yes exactly. I will post on here when I receive ILs. Here’s hoping we hear in a week or so 🙏🏼😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.