R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,685 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Frank Abbot said:

Hey! I’m assuming the June interview batches haven’t been released yet but just wanted to check with the community if anyone has received anything. 

Priority Date: Sept 2021

DQd: Mar 22nd 2023

Are you a spousal applicant? If so, and you were DQ'ed in March then you should have definitely had an IL by now. If you scroll up you'll see that IL's were issued in May for people with April or May DQ dates (including myself), for interviews in July. So next batch will be for August interviews, but you should have had yours by now I'd have thought.

Edited by appleblossom

12 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Are you a spousal applicant? If so, and you were DQ'ed in March then you should have definitely had an IL by now. If you scroll up you'll see that IL's were issued in May for people with April or May DQ dates (including myself), for interviews in July. So next batch will be for August interviews, but you should have had yours by now I'd have thought.

Hi!

Probably should have mentioned I just had my case transferred to London. Would have been another 10 month wait at my current embassy! 
Thanks for the info! 

18 minutes ago, Frank Abbot said:

Hi!

Probably should have mentioned I just had my case transferred to London. Would have been another 10 month wait at my current embassy! 
Thanks for the info! 

Ah, ok, yes that will delay things then. Good luck, hope you get an IL soon.

22 hours ago, TJ&NP said:

Hi, So happy to finally be joining this thread as we just got DQ'ed today!  Wondering if it is more likely that we'll get an interview date in August or September.

I was DQ'ed a couple of days before you! I am hoping we'll make this months cut off (for an August interview) - judging by last months roll out it seems plausible!  (someone mentioned they were DQ'ed on the 18th of the month and got the IL by the end of the same month!)

Good luck & keep us updated :)

DQ'd 15th June but think we missed the cut off for August interviews.  Hoping to hear end of July for Sept interview 🤞

How early can I get the patient summary?  Does it need to be dated after IL letter recieved?  Thanks

45 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

DQ'd 15th June but think we missed the cut off for August interviews.  Hoping to hear end of July for Sept interview 🤞

How early can I get the patient summary?  Does it need to be dated after IL letter recieved?  Thanks

Our weren't, we got ours well before the IL arrived and it was no problem at all. We also booked our medicals ahead of receiving the IL as our teens were doing A Levels & GCSE's across May & June, so had very limited dates when going to London for a day was possible. It was no problem at all.

2 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

Think we are in the same boat. DQ'ed June 14. I'm a little confused on the medical. Would it be ok for my husband to go ahead and schedule an appointment for sometime in July or August before we receive the IL? Are the any common mistakes around the medical that we can try to avoid?

On 6/23/2023 at 3:46 PM, appleblossom said:

Our weren't, we got ours well before the IL arrived and it was no problem at all. We also booked our medicals ahead of receiving the IL as our teens were doing A Levels & GCSE's across May & June, so had very limited dates when going to London for a day was possible. It was no problem at all.

Thanks for that info.  Did you just call Visa medicals and ask if you could book your medical whilst awaiting interview date?

16 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

Thanks for that info.  Did you just call Visa medicals and ask if you could book your medical whilst awaiting interview date?

Yes you just call them and i suggest do it way before your interview date as i have seen some ppl did not got there medical results send over to the embassy in time for there interview and got the green slip which can delay your interview etc. 

20 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

I emailed them, but yes. They said they didn't need the IL to book our medical in. 

The only thing I would say is that obviously the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of medical, not an issue for us as we want to leave straight after we get our passports back (hopefully!) anyway, but may mean it's too tight time wise for people who want longer after receiving their visa before they have to go to the US. 

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I emailed them, but yes. They said they didn't need the IL to book our medical in. 

The only thing I would say is that obviously the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of medical, not an issue for us as we want to leave straight after we get our passports back (hopefully!) anyway, but may mean it's too tight time wise for people who want longer after receiving their visa before they have to go to the US. 

A friend of mine got his passport recently after his interview was on 20th he got his passport back 3 days later so hopefully you will be fine. Me and my wife bought out tickets to fly together on 18th of July that will be plenty of time for my passport to arrive. Also i suggest if the ticket (one way) is too expensive buy a return lol 😂 that is what we did..

5 minutes ago, NasUK said:

Yes you just call them and i suggest do it way before your interview date as i have seen some ppl did not got there medical results send over to the embassy in time for there interview and got the green slip which can delay your interview etc. 

When I contacted them, I was offered medical dates from only a week or so away, they seemed to have plenty of availability. Most people get 6-8 weeks notice of their interview, so that should be tons of time to get the medical done unless they suddenly get backlogs.

I guess the only other reason to book the medical in advance is if you know there may be follow up documents required that could delay things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.