R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,707 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

I wrote my Congressman about how badly my husband was treated compared to those crossing illegally and said that very thing!  If someone isn't drinking before this process, they certainly will be after!  Good luck on everything and I hope you're here with your loved ones very soon. 

Thank you so much, I’m so excited. I’ll keep you posted as to how it went 🤞🏻

4 hours ago, amu24 said:

Hi all! 
We were DQ’ed on 29th December. Will update when we get our letter 😊

Have you organised your medical yet?. I was DQ’d on the 30th of December and like you am still waiting for my interview letter. I was told that with the case ref number you can book your medical as they say you should allow 10 working days between the medical and interview. I booked mine today for the 24th. I expect we will get end of February interviews if we are lucky. Good luck  

7 hours ago, Icedgem said:

Have you organised your medical yet?. I was DQ’d on the 30th of December and like you am still waiting for my interview letter. I was told that with the case ref number you can book your medical as they say you should allow 10 working days between the medical and interview. I booked mine today for the 24th. I expect we will get end of February interviews if we are lucky. Good luck  

Update: Just woke up to the interview letter!! We were so surprised! It is dated today: January 12. Interview is on February 8! That is super quick, we were expecting end of February or early March. Have you received yours?

1 hour ago, amu24 said:

Update: Just woke up to the interview letter!! We were so surprised! It is dated today: January 12. Interview is on February 8! That is super quick, we were expecting end of February or early March. Have you received yours?

OMG, yes I have received my interview letter also. I’m on February 9th!!. Wow that is so much earlier than I had expected - I was just saying yesterday that I hadn’t seen any Feb interviews yet. I’m so glad I got the medical organised yesterday and by luck it has 11 / 12 days in between. 

Hey guys, what does DQ stand for?

USCIS approved our application on the 9th December. NVC confirmed they received it but haven’t entered it into their system just yet. 

I figured we’d get an interview for March time. 

I’m worried about how long between interview date given and interview, with booking in the medical and getting that cleared. 

Does anyone else freak out, that they’re going to hear awful news during their medical? I’m so nervous.

13 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

USCIS approved our application on the 9th December. NVC confirmed they received it but haven’t entered it into their system just yet. 

I’m worried about how long between interview date given and interview, with booking in the medical and getting that cleared. 

Does anyone else freak out, that they’re going to hear awful news during their medical? I’m so nervous.

Hi, DQ stands for Documentarily Qualified. That’s when NVC are happy that everything is in order and pass your file to the London embassy where they send you an interview letter.

I was DQ’d on December 30th and I received my interview letter today. My interview is scheduled for Feb 9th!!. I’m so surprised how soon that it. I called the medical people and have that scheduled for Jan 24th. They say to allow 10 working days between the two. I just about made that.

I am so worried about my medical it’s crazy. If I don’t get through then it’s all too late to sort out before my interview. I just hope I pass it ok.

NVC take about a month once you have submitted all documents. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

According to your timeline, you are seeking a K1 visa. Your process is different than those posting about spouse visa timelines.. You will not send anything to NVC so won’t be getting DQ or an interview assigned.

NVC will assign you a new case number and pass you on to London. You will pick your own appointment date once your file is in London and they have logged your case as ready. You control when your medical and interview appointments are because you choose them.

Advice: Check your shot record and get all shots needed (for your adjustment status in the US) BEFORE you go to your medical. Order your police certificate NOW. It needs to say “No trace” or you may need a subject access report. Get you fiancé to prepare an I-134 with proof of income to mail to you. If you have questions about any of these things, start a new topic since those are not the topic of this thread.

8 minutes ago, Poppy65100 said:

@Icedgem thank you so much for relying! 

Glad I’m not the only one overthinking this! 

How long was it between USCIS approving and submitting your documents? Did you submit your documents as soon as you’d heard from NVC

I’m trying to figure out when we’ll receive our interview. 

No problem at all. This forum has been an incredible source of information and support and it’s really helped get through the whole saga!!.

I was approved by USCIS on November 14th and it took 3 days before my file was sent to NVC. November 18th NVC sent my welcome letter and I could pay the fees. Once paid immediately their system took about 3 days to show paid before it allowed me to update all forms and documents. My submitted date was November 28th, so it took about 2 weeks from approval. I was DQ’d on Dec 30th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

No problem at all. This forum has been an incredible source of information and support and it’s really helped get through the whole saga!!.

I was approved by USCIS on November 14th and it took 3 days before my file was sent to NVC. November 18th NVC sent my welcome letter and I could pay the fees. Once paid immediately their system took about 3 days to show paid before it allowed me to update all forms and documents. My submitted date was November 28th, so it took about 2 weeks from approval. I was DQ’d on Dec 30th.

@Poppy65100

This timeline does not apply to you as a K1. You might fix your profile to show your visa type. You are at NVC only to transition from Uscis to the Department of State, who issues visas and is over the NVC and embassies. You get a new Dept of State case number and sent on to London and that’s all that happens for you at NVC. See my earlier reply to you.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Has anyone who was DQ'd in January had their interview letter yet? We were DQ'd at the very beginning of the month, but we haven't yet recieved ours. People who were DQ'd in December seemed to get their IL within 14-calendar days or so? Thanks

I expect you to receive your interview letter very soon. I think the letters go out at the beginning of the month, so you may have just missed the cut off for this month. I was DQ’d Dec 30th and have my interview on Feb 9th, I don’t know if you need to get a medical or have had your medical as yet but you might want to think about organising that soon, as I’m sure your interview date will come up very soon. The medical people say to allow 10 days at least between the medical and interview. I had my medical yesterday. The Embassy in London seem to be on top of the interviews so you will probably get yours for late Feb / early March if I had to guess.

Just now, Icedgem said:

I expect you to receive your interview letter very soon. I think the letters go out at the beginning of the month, so you may have just missed the cut off for this month. I was DQ’d Dec 30th and have my interview on Feb 9th, I don’t know if you need to get a medical or have had your medical as yet but you might want to think about organising that soon, as I’m sure your interview date will come up very soon. The medical people say to allow 10 days at least between the medical and interview. I had my medical yesterday. The Embassy in London seem to be on top of the interviews so you will probably get yours for late Feb / early March if I had to guess.

Ok thanks! On advice of this board, I booked my medical when I was DQ'd for w/c 6th Feb, but want to make sure I don't have to move that! Yeah I was hoping for the end of Feb

3 minutes ago, shefuk1 said:

Ok thanks! On advice of this board, I booked my medical when I was DQ'd for w/c 6th Feb, but want to make sure I don't have to move that! Yeah I was hoping for the end of Feb

That’s perfect that you have the medical organised. I’m sure you will hear anyday now and will be surprised just how soon it will be. Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.