R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,677 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2023 at 8:11 PM, Educ8r said:

Congrats! We were DQd on Dec 7 and my husband's interview is Jan 25th.  That may give you a little insight as to when to expect your interview. 

That's amazing! We were DQ November 7th. I immediately booked my medical on Nov 9th for 20 December..

Interview letter came Nov 30 for Jan 11..

I'm so glad to see timelines are improving.. Best wishes!

9 hours ago, TeeKay11 said:

That's amazing! We were DQ November 7th. I immediately booked my medical on Nov 9th for 20 December..

Interview letter came Nov 30 for Jan 11..

I'm so glad to see timelines are improving.. Best wishes!

I’m just wondering how long after DQ you receive the interview letter ?, is it an actual letter posted or an email?. It seems like the interview is about 2 months after DQ but I’m just trying to gauge when my medical might be and start getting prepared for it. Thank you

On 1/3/2023 at 10:27 AM, Icedgem said:

I’m just wondering how long after DQ you receive the interview letter ?, is it an actual letter posted or an email?. It seems like the interview is about 2 months after DQ but I’m just trying to gauge when my medical might be and start getting prepared for it. Thank you

Dq: 7 Nov

Interview letter: 30 Nov.. It was an email not a physical letter.

You have to book your own medical and attend it sometime between DQ and your actual interview.

I called visa medicals on 9 Nov and made a booking to come in for my medical on 21 December (excuse me for my mistake above where I said 20 December)

Yeah it seems about 2 months from DQ to the actual interview..

Has anyone received an interview letter for London recently. I’m just wondering what dates they have been giving out. I’m patiently waiting for my letter. Thank you 

1 hour ago, Icedgem said:

December 30th

Ahh..

I think interview letters come either at the end of the month..  I waited about three weeks for mine (7Nov till 30th Nov)

In the meantime its best to get the medical booked and done so at least by the time you interview, the Embassy has all your medical info sent over.

3 hours ago, Icedgem said:

December 30th

I think December was a bit odd as they sent out ILs twice (Dec 9th and Dec 19th) so there was a slew of ILs for Nov/early Dec DQs. That was maybe to pre-empt the Xmas period so they may go back to end-of-the-month ILs. You'll likely get it at the end of this month but I'm not sure if interviews will be in Feb or March. Seems short notice to do Feb interviews at this point. I'm hoping to be DQed at the end of this week after a resubmission and hoping to get my IL at the end of Jan for a March interview. 

I have a little list that I'm tracking for UK CR1 submissions (I've removed names because it's based on a FB group I'm in with real names, and this forum)

Name DQ IL Interview
  26-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  26-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29 Aug 30-Sep 7 Nov
  2-Sep 30-Sep 8-Nov
  3-Sep 30-Sep 8-Nov
  12-Sep 30-Sep 10-Nov
  16-Sep 30-Sep 15-Nov
  19-Sep 30-Sep 16-Nov
  20-Sep 30-Sep 13-Nov
  21-Sep 30-Sep 16-Nov
  27-Sep 30-Sep 22 Nov
  14-Oct 31-Oct 6-Dec
  28-Oct 30-Nov 9-Jan
  1-Nov 30-Nov 10-Jan
  1-Nov 30-Nov 10-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  14-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  15-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  16-Nov 30-Nov 12-Jan
  17-Nov 30 Nov 12-Jan
  22-Nov 30-Nov 13-Jan
  29-Nov 9-Dec 24-Jan
  2-Dec 9-Dec 24-Jan
  2-Dec 9-Dec 24-Jan
  5 Dec 9-Dec 25-Jan
  5-Dec 19-Dec 27-Jan
  7-Dec 19-Dec 25-Jan
  8-Dec 19-Dec 25-Jan
  15-Dec    
  30-Dec    

2 hours ago, TeeKay11 said:

Ahh..

I think interview letters come either at the end of the month..  I waited about three weeks for mine (7Nov till 30th Nov)

In the meantime its best to get the medical booked and done so at least by the time you interview, the Embassy has all your medical info sent over.

Thank you so much for that advice. I just called the medical people and got my medical booked in for the 24th. As long as they have a case number and I can show an email from the NVC they are happy to proceed with the medical. I’m actually quite anxious about the medical, will be relieved when that’s over.

5 minutes ago, madhatter204 said:

I think December was a bit odd as they sent out ILs twice (Dec 9th and Dec 19th) so there was a slew of ILs for Nov/early Dec DQs. That was maybe to pre-empt the Xmas period so they may go back to end-of-the-month ILs. You'll likely get it at the end of this month but I'm not sure if interviews will be in Feb or March. Seems short notice to do Feb interviews at this point. I'm hoping to be DQed at the end of this week after a resubmission and hoping to get my IL at the end of Jan for a March interview. 

I have a little list that I'm tracking for UK CR1 submissions (I've removed names because it's based on a FB group I'm in with real names, and this forum)

Name DQ IL Interview
  26-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  26-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29-Aug 30-Sep 1-Nov
  29 Aug 30-Sep 7 Nov
  2-Sep 30-Sep 8-Nov
  3-Sep 30-Sep 8-Nov
  12-Sep 30-Sep 10-Nov
  16-Sep 30-Sep 15-Nov
  19-Sep 30-Sep 16-Nov
  20-Sep 30-Sep 13-Nov
  21-Sep 30-Sep 16-Nov
  27-Sep 30-Sep 22 Nov
  14-Oct 31-Oct 6-Dec
  28-Oct 30-Nov 9-Jan
  1-Nov 30-Nov 10-Jan
  1-Nov 30-Nov 10-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  7-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  14-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  15-Nov 30-Nov 11-Jan
  16-Nov 30-Nov 12-Jan
  17-Nov 30 Nov 12-Jan
  22-Nov 30-Nov 13-Jan
  29-Nov 9-Dec 24-Jan
  2-Dec 9-Dec 24-Jan
  2-Dec 9-Dec 24-Jan
  5 Dec 9-Dec 25-Jan
  5-Dec 19-Dec 27-Jan
  7-Dec 19-Dec 25-Jan
  8-Dec 19-Dec 25-Jan
  15-Dec    
  30-Dec    

Wow, that’s a great chart, very interesting. I see what you mean about the letters coming out at the end of the month. I think I will get end of Feb date or possible early March. I’ve not seen any Feb interviews yet. Just booked the medical and they need 10 days before the interview, so best get it done nice and early.

1 minute ago, Icedgem said:

I’m actually quite anxious about the medical, will be relieved when that’s over.

My advice you is to be prepared as much as possible.  My husband's medical went smoothly, however, the medical Dr asked about every detail of the police report.  idk why a medical Dr is asking about non-medical things...

4 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

My advice you is to be prepared as much as possible.  My husband's medical went smoothly, however, the medical Dr asked about every detail of the police report.  idk why a medical Dr is asking about non-medical things...

I think I’m prepared. I’m worried about the patient care summary from the doctor. My doctor made a massive deal out of it and said it would take 28 days. They finally gave me a 33 page document / from my birth!!. I do hope this will be acceptable as trying to get anything else out of them will be ridiculous. 

Just now, Icedgem said:

I think I’m prepared. I’m worried about the patient care summary from the doctor. My doctor made a massive deal out of it and said it would take 28 days. They finally gave me a 33 page document / from my birth!!. I do hope this will be acceptable as trying to get anything else out of them will be ridiculous. 

Be ready to explain every detail.  They asked my husband about an entry from 14 years ago.  He had several deaths in his family, thought he was drinking too much and sought help from his Dr.  He had no other entries about alcohol AND his blood/urine came back clean but they wanted to know all the details from the Dr about that visit.  Ridiculous, imo, since there was no other entry, it was from 14 years ago AND their own tests indicated no problems.  I'm not trying to worry you, but warning you so you're not blindsided like he was.   I have to wonder if all this is our reward for trying to do this process legally and doubt if those streaming across out southern border are vetted this much. 

7 minutes ago, Educ8r said:

Be ready to explain every detail.  They asked my husband about an entry from 14 years ago.  He had several deaths in his family, thought he was drinking too much and sought help from his Dr.  He had no other entries about alcohol AND his blood/urine came back clean but they wanted to know all the details from the Dr about that visit.  Ridiculous, imo, since there was no other entry, it was from 14 years ago AND their own tests indicated no problems.  I'm not trying to worry you, but warning you so you're not blindsided like he was.   I have to wonder if all this is our reward for trying to do this process legally and doubt if those streaming across out southern border are vetted this much. 

Yes I agree. I feel like I’m jumping through hoops of fire backwards to get to live with my husband. It’s a crazy process. I get that they want to check that I haven’t got any communical diseases. Although I already spend 6 months of the year in the US, so it’s all a bit late if I did have any!!. 
I went through the whole breast cancer, chemo, radiation works 5 years ago and have issues as a result of that. I’m hoping they just accept that and don’t make a issue from it. Honestly this stress would drive you to a drink!!.

2 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Yes I agree. I feel like I’m jumping through hoops of fire backwards to get to live with my husband. It’s a crazy process. I get that they want to check that I haven’t got any communical diseases. Although I already spend 6 months of the year in the US, so it’s all a bit late if I did have any!!. 
I went through the whole breast cancer, chemo, radiation works 5 years ago and have issues as a result of that. I’m hoping they just accept that and don’t make a issue from it. Honestly this stress would drive you to a drink!!.

I wrote my Congressman about how badly my husband was treated compared to those crossing illegally and said that very thing!  If someone isn't drinking before this process, they certainly will be after!  Good luck on everything and I hope you're here with your loved ones very soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.