R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,714 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SEWI said:

I must have drafted a UK 'Dreaded 221g' thread a dozen or so times, since being rejected at my Interview on November 23rd, as I've become more and more anxious by the situation.

But, I can now, finally, update my 221g situation! Yay! 

23/Nov/2020 INTERVIEW: US Consulate London 

23/Nov/2020 CEAC: Rejected

23/Nov/2020 UPLOADED documents as requested by the interviewer

24/Nov/2020 E-mail response to my e-mail notifying the embassy of the documents being uploaded

24/Nov/2020 CEAC: Case last updated, still marked as rejected (I was expecting this to have updated to Administrative Processing)

30/Nov/2020 CEAC: Case last updated, still marked as rejected (this was the update that aggravated my concerns!)

03/Dec/2020 CEAC: ISSUED

ISSUED! ISSUED! ISSUED! Someone plz. pass me some TISSUES so I can wipe away my tears of joy! 16-months of separation, and my flight is now in sight! 

...Time to wakeup my wife! :)

Yes!! Congrats!

Finding this thread so useful and encouraging - thanks for all the info and big congrats to those who have been approved! 
My husband and I DQ’d mid October, so we have a while to wait but wondering at what point people booked their medicals? It sounds like you get between 2-4 weeks notice for your interview, so does that give you enough time, or does it make more sense to book the medical before you get the interview date? 

23 minutes ago, kjmaiwen said:

Finding this thread so useful and encouraging - thanks for all the info and big congrats to those who have been approved! 
My husband and I DQ’d mid October, so we have a while to wait but wondering at what point people booked their medicals? It sounds like you get between 2-4 weeks notice for your interview, so does that give you enough time, or does it make more sense to book the medical before you get the interview date? 

Good to get a range of opinions, but personally, I wouldn't suggest getting the medical done before your interview date. It is a fairly straightforward process providing your medical history is not extensive, but your medical is only valid for six months. 

Unsure what the wait for your interview might look like, could continue to follow something along the lines of the same between 4-5 month wait, but it could be before then.. at this point who really knows?!

Personally, had no issues getting my medical done - interview notice received on Friday morning, booked medical Friday morning when office opened and had medical that following Wednesday. 

You wouldn't want to get your medical and then have it expire or get down to the wire and add to the stress. Just my opinion though. 

Here's hoping the time flies by for you and you get your interview date soon! 🤞

57 minutes ago, kjmaiwen said:

31 minutes ago, PBabz said:

Good to get a range of opinions, but personally, I wouldn't suggest getting the medical done before your interview date. It is a fairly straightforward process providing your medical history is not extensive, but your medical is only valid for six months. 

Unsure what the wait for your interview might look like, could continue to follow something along the lines of the same between 4-5 month wait, but it could be before then.. at this point who really knows?!

Personally, had no issues getting my medical done - interview notice received on Friday morning, booked medical Friday morning when office opened and had medical that following Wednesday. 

You wouldn't want to get your medical and then have it expire or get down to the wire and add to the stress. Just my opinion though. 

Here's hoping the time flies by for you and you get your interview date soon! 🤞

I agree with PBabz, here. You will definitely want to make sure it is done before your interview - try to make sure it is at least ~1week before, to allow enough time for the Medical Office to process and forward it to the Embassy. If you interview before your medical, your case will be held back for Administrative Processing, which will introduce delays.

I will also comment that I made three medical appointments (twice rescheduled) all with less than 10 days notice, and the actual appointment I attended was within 24hours notice of my booking. So, if the trend of 2-4weeks notice continues, you should be perfectly fine! 

I would encourage you to utilise this time over the coming weeks/months to ensure you're fully up-to-date with the required vaccinations (including the Flu jab if you interview before 31-March), and to have any outstanding issues/advisories accounted for- i.e. doctor's letters produced, etc. :)

19 hours ago, SEWI said:

I agree with PBabz, here. You will definitely want to make sure it is done before your interview - try to make sure it is at least ~1week before, to allow enough time for the Medical Office to process and forward it to the Embassy. If you interview before your medical, your case will be held back for Administrative Processing, which will introduce delays.

I will also comment that I made three medical appointments (twice rescheduled) all with less than 10 days notice, and the actual appointment I attended was within 24hours notice of my booking. So, if the trend of 2-4weeks notice continues, you should be perfectly fine! 

I would encourage you to utilise this time over the coming weeks/months to ensure you're fully up-to-date with the required vaccinations (including the Flu jab if you interview before 31-March), and to have any outstanding issues/advisories accounted for- i.e. doctor's letters produced, etc. :)

It also depends on where you are - I am in the north of Scotland and getting to London for the medical and then again for the interview has to be factored in. With so many fluctating travel restrictions at the moment it adds to the uncertainty. I took the chance of my 6 months validity on the medical being enough and have had my medical already, but no interview scheduled yet. If needs be, I will just have to have the medical again! But for my current situation, it made the most sense to do it this way - but if you can easily get into London for the medical, then yes, it seems prudent to wait a bit. Good luck!

1 hour ago, KathB said:

It's getting to that time of the month when the next round of appointments seem to be announced... Do let us know if you get your January interviews scheduled - here's hoping!! Good luck everyone!

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Good luck everyone!! 

6 hours ago, KathB said:

It's getting to that time of the month when the next round of appointments seem to be announced... Do let us know if you get your January interviews scheduled - here's hoping!! Good luck everyone!

We were DQ'd on Aug 18 and ever since Dec 1st, the nerves have been setting in again lol keeping my fingers and toes for good news this week though! I'll keep you all posted. Hope all my fellow August DQ-ers get good news too! 

46 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Finished work in an hour, heading to London tonight, interview tomorrow morning at 10. Prepared? Yeah. Relieved? You bet. Absolutely bricking it? Dear lord yes. 

It makes me happy to have seen so many positive experiences and there is absolutely no reason to think mine will be any different, but... Y'know. Still. 😂

Thank you all so much for your support, information and kind words this last few months especially. I'll update as soon as I'm done. ❤️

You are almost there. This is certainly a nerve wrecking process but you can do this! Almost there now. Good Luck for tomorrow 😘

49 minutes ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Finished work in an hour, heading to London tonight, interview tomorrow morning at 10. Prepared? Yeah. Relieved? You bet. Absolutely bricking it? Dear lord yes. 

It makes me happy to have seen so many positive experiences and there is absolutely no reason to think mine will be any different, but... Y'know. Still. 😂

Thank you all so much for your support, information and kind words this last few months especially. I'll update as soon as I'm done. ❤️

Good luck tomorrow morning!

Excited to see your updates, ready to be all smiles knowing you’ll be reunited with your spouse soon enough 😊

4 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

It will go well just enjoy the experience! :)

For those who have already received their passport with their visa following the interview - how long did it take? I know they tell you 1-2 weeks at the embassy but I’m curious if anyone recently has gotten theirs sooner or later than that.

2 hours ago, willingtowait4it said:

For those who have already received their passport with their visa following the interview - how long did it take? I know they tell you 1-2 weeks at the embassy but I’m curious if anyone recently has gotten theirs sooner or later than that.

Interview was completed on 1st December and then shown as issued on 2nd December and at the courier site near my home on the 3rd December! :) It was very speedy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.