781 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Hancy Jaise said:

Have you got your medical done?

Yes, got it done on the 19th and got the results on the 26th from NMC Deira.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ahmedandmaya said:

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has received an interview appointment at the Abu Dhabi Embassy after recently getting their DQ.

it would be great if someone would share their experience.

You got your Interview date?

What’s your DQ ?

My husband did his medical today in Dubai.

It went pretty fast - it was 1.5 hours. We were surprised why the US consulate would choose this lab/ clinic- it was kind of chaotic with so many different patients for different screenings.

Here is details on the medical at NMC Deira:

• Check in with 6 passport photos and interview letter and pay 1024dhs
  • Get called in, do height, weight,  blood pressure and vision test 
  • Go to the lab and get blood drawn and give a urine sample
  • Go to radiology and get chest xray
  • Check back in with reception to let them know you're ready for the Dr.
  • Dr consults with questions about health and history and a brief physical
  • Get vaccines if needed, husband needed Tdap vaccine which was 120dhs

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

1 hour ago, TamMhmd said:

It went pretty fast - it was 1.5 hours. We were surprised why the US consulate would choose this lab/ clinic- it was kind of chaotic with so many different patients for different screenings.

Thanks for sharing. Very helpful 

When is your husband’s interview and what was his DQ ? 

8 hours ago, Amira Zed said:

Thanks for sharing. Very helpful 

When is your husband’s interview and what was his DQ ? 

Hi Amira 

Ive seen you ask a lot of people in this thread this. 

The info is often already stated if you review the thread, look at our timelines or my signature below my posts. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

On 12/30/2020 at 2:55 PM, TamMhmd said:

Great! Thanks for the update. All the best.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:04 AM, LewsTT said:

Haha what a coincidence that the embassy seems to have woken up on the same day I posted that!

My interview date is 5 Jan!

How was your interview? What all questions did they ask? When will you get your passport with visa?

Edited by Hancy Jaise

10 hours ago, Hancy Jaise said:

How was your interview? What all questions did they ask? When will you get your passport with visa?

Ok so here was my interview experience. 

- I reached at 7 15. There were 3 people ahead of me. It was first come first serve and the guards were noting the order so come early if you want to finish early. In the next half hour at least a dozen other people had arrived. 
- They called us inside around 8 for the security check etc. then we sat in the waiting area till around 9 I think.
- Did the fingerprint and submitted birth/marriage certificate and police certificate
 - In another 20 min or so number was called for interview with the consular officer, it was in the same area and the officer sat behind a screen, not a private room. He was friendly and polite and asked me this only:
When did you first meet
When did you get married
Where did you get married
When did your wife move to the US
Is this your first marriage?
Do you have any children?
Where in the US does your wife live
When do you plan to move to the US
Why did you guys submit a joint sponsor when your wife's income is more than enough
Then he asked me about the birth certificate and told me to get the proper one from the health department. I had one from my home country embassy which NVC accepted so i thought the US embassy will too, but they didn't. 
To conclude he said once you have the certificate please upload it on the CEAC and email us, then we will have a look and might ask you to submit the original.
He said everything else looked fine, then returned my original documents and passport and gave me a 221g with the birth certificate and passport checked on the form to be submitted.

He just checked my wife's W-2, didnt ask for a single other document
I was out of the embassy by 9 45. 

Overall it was a good experience, they were organized and polite. The key is to go early and you could be done in a couple of hours. As for me I have to find the birth certificate somehow now and hope they look at it quickly and ask me to handover the passport again

I've copied that from Whatsapp so please excuse the format/typing ;)

29 minutes ago, LewsTT said:

Ok so here was my interview experience. 

- I reached at 7 15. There were 3 people ahead of me. It was first come first serve and the guards were noting the order so come early if you want to finish early. In the next half hour at least a dozen other people had arrived. 
- They called us inside around 8 for the security check etc. then we sat in the waiting area till around 9 I think.
- Did the fingerprint and submitted birth/marriage certificate and police certificate
 - In another 20 min or so number was called for interview with the consular officer, it was in the same area and the officer sat behind a screen, not a private room. He was friendly and polite and asked me this only:
When did you first meet
When did you get married
Where did you get married
When did your wife move to the US
Is this your first marriage?
Do you have any children?
Where in the US does your wife live
When do you plan to move to the US
Why did you guys submit a joint sponsor when your wife's income is more than enough
Then he asked me about the birth certificate and told me to get the proper one from the health department. I had one from my home country embassy which NVC accepted so i thought the US embassy will too, but they didn't. 
To conclude he said once you have the certificate please upload it on the CEAC and email us, then we will have a look and might ask you to submit the original.
He said everything else looked fine, then returned my original documents and passport and gave me a 221g with the birth certificate and passport checked on the form to be submitted.

He just checked my wife's W-2, didnt ask for a single other document
I was out of the embassy by 9 45. 

Overall it was a good experience, they were organized and polite. The key is to go early and you could be done in a couple of hours. As for me I have to find the birth certificate somehow now and hope they look at it quickly and ask me to handover the passport again

I've copied that from Whatsapp so please excuse the format/typing ;)

Did you born in UAE?If not then how you could get birth certificate from UAE?

1 hour ago, Asmaaaa said:

Did you born in UAE?If not then how you could get birth certificate from UAE?

Yes of course. I was born in Abu Dhabi. 

5 minutes ago, LewsTT said:

Yes of course. I was born in Abu Dhabi. 

It is not difficult to get a copy of a UAE birth certificate. My husband had to get a new original copy of his and was able to do it within a day with a payment of 100 aed (for English and Arabic). And he was born in the uae back in the 70’s 😉 Good Luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.