781 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has received an interview appointment at the Abu Dhabi Embassy after recently getting their DQ.

it would be great if someone would share their experience.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ahmedandmaya said:

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has received an interview appointment at the Abu Dhabi Embassy after recently getting their DQ.

it would be great if someone would share their experience.

Me too ..waiting formy CR1 interview...I got DQ in two months ago.

Edited by Asmaaaa

• 2 weeks later...

We are waiting for our interview. All papers were completed last year, but we had to wait because we thought my husband was going to be transferred to Germany. After waiting a year for the German visa, he was transferred back to Dubai. So although we have had our NVC approval for over a year, we are at the back of the line again. Does anyone have any idea what the approximate wait is?

BTW, what is DQ?

Edited by Love To Teach

3 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

BTW, what is DQ?

Documentarily qualified 

On 10/19/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ahmedandmaya said:

Hey I was DQ 23 May, but still no IL

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

On 10/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, Asmaaaa said:

Me too ..waiting formy CR1 interview...I got DQ in two months ago.

I am waiting as well. I was DQ'd in July

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand, the embassy hasn't even opened. My husband works in Dubai, and he says it's worse in Abu Dhabi. I don't expect anything to happen soon...sadly...He works at the Hilton in Dubai, and his boss just got covid. It's really bad over there, he says.

I think embassy is opened because when I called them before june,there were recording on the phone that they are not scheduling any interview but again when I called them in september there were no such recordings and it was normal guidance but unfortunately they didn't answer my call as I selected interview inquiry option....

On 11/22/2020 at 8:02 AM, Love To Teach said:

From what I understand, the embassy hasn't even opened. My husband works in Dubai, and he says it's worse in Abu Dhabi. I don't expect anything to happen soon...sadly...He works at the Hilton in Dubai, and his boss just got covid. It's really bad over there, he says.

They are certainly open but perhaps at limited capacity. A few members on Visa Journey had interviews for K1 interviews last month. And one IR/CR was scheduled for Dec through expedite.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

• 3 weeks later...

I am CR1 Category my DQ's got qualified on 5th October 2020. Still the case is in NVC any one got recent interview in Abu Dhabi?

Please assist with your suggestions.

1 hour ago, UAE Abudhabi CR1 said:

I am CR1 Category my DQ's got qualified on 5th October 2020. Still the case is in NVC any one got recent interview in Abu Dhabi?

Please assist with your suggestions.

Hello, I suggest reading the responses in this topic to get an idea of how many of us are waiting for interviews in this category.  So many people in the UAE are CR1 and IR1 DQ from long back (I personally know people waiting since March this year) and no interview yet.  There is nothing to do but wait for the embassy to start more interviews, unless you have a true reason to request an expedite. 

7 hours ago, UAE Abudhabi CR1 said:

I am CR1 Category my DQ's got qualified on 5th October 2020

Take a seat my friend, there seems to be little movement within the Abu Dhabi embassy for interview schedulings. They used to expedite cases where the beneficiary's UAE residence visa was near expiring.. but not during the pandemic. They are really only looking at critical expedites. I have been DQ since 23 May.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.