785 posts in this topic

Hey, they said a week or so but the CEAC site says "If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

I had my interview at the Abu Dhabi embassy. It was quick and pretty straightforward. Basic questions asked was how we met, where does my spouse work, have I travelled before to the US and what was the purpose of my visit.

The VO said everything looks good. However, he could not see on CEAC my birth certificate and marriage certificate. Also, I went in with my new passport since the older had a validity of less than 6 months. So he wanted me to upload to CEAC the new passport copy. I informed that the other two documents (minus the new passport) are already on CEAC. He advised that in order to speed things up I can email the Embassy the requested documents.

He then asked me to upload the AOS and IRS 2019 transcript. I showed him these documents as I was carrying hard copies of each. He said that this is good and he made a note on the system. 

I was then given a 221g blue form and asked to upload/email all the requested documents. He asked me to submit my passport as well to Empost. I did all this on the same day. After 5 days the status on CEAC shows issued. Waiting for my passport now.

Hope this review helps people out there!!

44 minutes ago, SFA14 said:

I had my interview at the Abu Dhabi embassy. It was quick and pretty straightforward. Basic questions asked was how we met, where does my spouse work, have I travelled before to the US and what was the purpose of my visit.

The VO said everything looks good. However, he could not see on CEAC my birth certificate and marriage certificate. Also, I went in with my new passport since the older had a validity of less than 6 months. So he wanted me to upload to CEAC the new passport copy. I informed that the other two documents (minus the new passport) are already on CEAC. He advised that in order to speed things up I can email the Embassy the requested documents.

He then asked me to upload the AOS and IRS 2019 transcript. I showed him these documents as I was carrying hard copies of each. He said that this is good and he made a note on the system. 

I was then given a 221g blue form and asked to upload/email all the requested documents. He asked me to submit my passport as well to Empost. I did all this on the same day. After 5 days the status on CEAC shows issued. Waiting for my passport now.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Very helpful 👍

53 minutes ago, SFA14 said:

8 minutes ago, Amira Zed said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Very helpful 👍

Btw did they ask you for yout DS 260 confirmation? 

8 hours ago, SFA14 said:

Congratulations!

I was asked to upload my original birth certificate too. But they returned my passport. I uploaded the BC last night. Do I wait for them to come back to me and ask me to mail the passport? (hopefully)

And when you do that do you just go to EMPOST and mail to the embassy? 

2 hours ago, LewsTT said:

Congratulations!

I was asked to upload my original birth certificate too. But they returned my passport. I uploaded the BC last night. Do I wait for them to come back to me and ask me to mail the passport? (hopefully)

And when you do that do you just go to EMPOST and mail to the embassy? 

But wasn’t your original birth certificate uploaded already? 

2 hours ago, Amira Zed said:

But wasn’t your original birth certificate uploaded already? 

Yeah but it was one issued by the embassy of Pakistan, they wanted one issued by the Department of Health.

8 minutes ago, LewsTT said:

Yeah but it was one issued by the embassy of Pakistan, they wanted one issued by the Department of Health.

Right , I got you.

And did they ask you for your DS 260 confirmation? 

32 minutes ago, Asmaaaa said:

Guys I want to ask that from where we should get police clearence certificate as I am residing in abu dhabi I mean from Dubai or Abu Dhabi?(previously I got one from dubai police which I submitted to NVC  and at that time I was also living in Abu Dhabi )

Dubai police is fine 

42 minutes ago, Amira Zed said:

Right , I got you.

And did they ask you for your DS 260 confirmation? 

Yup its important, they check it at the entrance. The consular officer did not ask again for it specifically. 

55 minutes ago, LewsTT said:

Yup its important, they check it at the entrance. The consular officer did not ask again for it specifically. 

Okay

Do you have any information about its expiry date. Even though my DS 260 expiration date is mentioned till 2022 in ceac form but I’m confused since my DS 260 got approved in 2019 so its been almost 2 years now.

Will they ask me to update it or anything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.