Erika Z

Visa Tutor reviews

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, 

I am looking into buying the Visa Tutor step by step course for applying for the I-129F. Has anyone used this service? Is it worth $147?

If not, have you used something else? 

Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, Erika Z said:

Hi all, 

I am looking into buying the Visa Tutor step by step course for applying for the I-129F. Has anyone used this service? Is it worth $147?

Thanks! 

Hi Erika (nice name, and even spelled correctly ;-),

Most of us here on VJ have done our processes without a paid service or lawyer.  VJ is a wealth of info and support for each step of the process.   Complicated cases may need lawyers.  No service or lawyer can make it go faster or impact an approval/denial.  And, it is the same volume of work for you, as you still have to provide them with everything.

Hi!

We used the information on the guide for Fiance visa here, also the info from the instructions for I-129f from USCIS website, don’t buy that, there is a lot of guides on internet to pay for but the same info you can get it for free plus $147 is a lot for something you can get for free. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Erika Z said:

Hi all, 

Thanks! 

Being one of the couples that decided to use a lawyer in hope things will be faster/easier in the end we fired the lawyer after a month. Visajourney is a wealth of free information with lots of people who have gone through the process. Most of all its free! no question is too big or small for everyone on this site and its the best thing when going through the process. So i would suggest you save the money and put it to something else.

Goodluck on your journey!

2 hours ago, Erika Z said:

Hi all, 

Thanks! 

Just read VisaJourney and the instruction sheets USCIS provides for the forms.

It's really easy to do this yourself (especially with a UK beneficiary - the whole process is practically easy-mode for Brits), there is absolutely no point adding needless extra expense to an already expensive process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, Erika Z said:

I used Visa Journey😄

There is an active UK forum here to help you prepare for the the London part, once you get the petition submitted and while you wait for it to get approved. 

Timeline

I (the beneficiary) took on the research and did the petition/supporting evidence myself. I had more free time on my hands so it was my hobby for about 3 weeks or so by the time I had it totally finalised. Of course, with the huge help of Visa Journey and the USCIS application guides. I then sent it all to my fiancé who filled out the petitioner section, signed and proofread everything I had done. Sharing our files online really helped, we just have this massive K1 folder which contains everything. From photos, to messages, to our joint bank account statements, to rental agreements. I would like to stay that we were over prepared and had a LOT of information but we were living together, so we definitely had to limit what we included. Give the USCIS what they ask for, not more, not less. Make your relationship orderly and easy to understand to an outsider.  

I have been through immigration processes before though, without lawyers, so I kind of knew the drill.

Take notes, write lists, understand the timeline, pay your fees, proofread and make copies for your own records.

Anyone can do it if you're organised and have the time. What I will say is that I am still learning, this is a continuous and every-changing process. Especially now. All the best to you, you came to the right place!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.