593 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My everyday ritual.

1st check USCIS case status

2nd September K1 fillers group

3rd October K1 fillers group

4th Check processing times

If I skip any of these steps, I'll be thinking the whole day, I missed something....

Hope you all are safe and sound :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

If we are getting our NOA2 soon, how long is NVC gonna take approximately?

We are done being separated too, going to a third country to be together while we wait for the interview invitation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nazareen said:

My everyday ritual.

If I skip any of these steps, I'll be thinking the whole day, I missed something....

THIS IS ME! Multiple times a day hahaha

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AlmightyS said:

If we are getting our NOA2 soon, how long is NVC gonna take approximately?

We are done being separated too, going to a third country to be together while we wait for the interview invitation.

Depends on the consulate in your country. From USCIS to NVC should take around 3 weeks, but then if your embassy is closed/not doing routine K1 processing, your case will sit at NVC until the embassy opens and clears the backlog from 2020 and so far 2021. 

If your embassy is open, the NVC should send your petition within 6 weeks I would say. That is what we are anticipating :)

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nazareen said:

My everyday ritual.

i am like yours somehow :)))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nazareen said:

My everyday ritual.

Meee everyday!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

Depends on the consulate in your country. From USCIS to NVC should take around 3 weeks, but then if your embassy is closed/not doing routine K1 processing, your case will sit at NVC until the embassy opens and clears the backlog from 2020 and so far 2021. 

If your embassy is open, the NVC should send your petition within 6 weeks I would say. That is what we are anticipating :)

Does that include the interview time? Or just for the case to travel from NVC to consulate?

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, dmeister3 said:

Does that include the interview time? Or just for the case to travel from NVC to consulate?

Interview time would depend on how backlogged your consulate. Many embassies have been closed all of 2020 so they would need to clear through all the couples scheduled for 2020 before starting anyone scheduled for 2021. 
 However they just announced that consulates need to clear backlogs!! So hopefully they all catch up :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

Interview time would depend on how backlogged your consulate. Many embassies have been closed all of 2020 so they would need to clear through all the couples scheduled for 2020 before starting anyone scheduled for 2021. 
 However they just announced that consulates need to clear backlogs!! So hopefully they all catch up :) 

Figured as much. Thankfully not many K1s go through my consulate so I should be fine. 

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Timeline

OMG. In my daily check of the Swedish consulate's website, as of TODAY they are now processing k1 visas again and working on the backlog!  I think I might be the only Scandinavian up in here, but hopefully that means everywhere else will get their stuff in order.

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Ola, me again.

Before USCIS approve a petition, do they wait for some sort of back ground checks to be completed?

Reason why I am asking this question is, I have seen random approvals for September-2020 filers and many in certain number range are still waiting for approval.

Thinking this could be why they skip few and few get approval. I could be wrong, but giving it a guess.

Stay safe :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Nazareen said:

Ola, me again.

Before USCIS approve a petition, do they wait for some sort of back ground checks to be completed?

Reason why I am asking this question is, I have seen random approvals for September-2020 filers and many in certain number range are still waiting for approval.

Thinking this could be why they skip few and few get approval. I could be wrong, but giving it a guess.

Basically, yes. USCIS does a background check on the petitioner before approval (NOA2). I've been thinking the same thing - maybe they start with the same dates approximately at the same time, but it depends on how fast the background check is done. IDK if that's how it works, though. We can't do anything to change the process, so we might as well find ways to rationalize it and make ourselves feel better haha. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:50 PM, Nazareen said:

Ola, me again.

yes i have read on here that they do background checks on the petitioner in every address lived in that was provided in the I-129F form. so if there's an overseas location, that could add a few days to the timeline. more so if there have been criminal/civil or other charges disclosed or are otherwise found. this is why cases picked up on the same day do not necessarily end up getting approved in a similar timeframe.

Timeline
17 hours ago, justinedr said:

yes i have read on here that they do background checks on the petitioner in every address lived in that was provided in the I-129F form. so if there's an overseas location, that could add a few days to the timeline. more so if there have been criminal/civil or other charges disclosed or are otherwise found. this is why cases picked up on the same day do not necessarily end up getting approved in a similar timeframe.

As someone who moved a lot, oh no 😬

K1 process:

• 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2

AOS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/7/2021 at 11:38 PM, Nazareen said:

My everyday ritual.

September has gone so slow! My 7 months is Wednesday and I’m pretty sure there won’t be a NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.