Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

Timeline
8 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

May I confirm this please - I always thought they started to adjudicate based off NOA1 so if I receive my NOA1 (let’s hope) in Feb then the 6-8 months starts from Feb. But you are saying it’s from the day they received it so if received late Dec/early Jan, then my 6-8 months starts from late Dec/early Jan? 

the latter is super promising haha so I hope it’s that! 

@Greenbaum

On 1/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, xuannguyen said:

Hi everyone,

We applied K1 visa on Oct 15th and they received the package on Oct 20th but we haven’t received any notification or cash the check for NOA1 until now

My fiancé called to USCIS and they said he should send an email to lockbox then he just got an automatic response that we have to wait the response in 30 days. 

I’m very confused, what should we do now ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
On 1/27/2021 at 1:07 AM, Mouseee said:

Hi everyone,

We applied K1 visa on Oct 15th and they received the package on Oct 20th but we haven’t received any notification or cash the check for NOA1 until now

My fiancé called to USCIS and they said he should send an email to lockbox then he just got an automatic response that we have to wait the response in 30 days. 

I’m very confused, what should we do now ?

Hello Mouseee, 

This is insane! I am not trying to scare you off, but it seems like people who have filed in October have received their NOA1 already. And now, they began with November filers and they are up to November 3rd, so far. 
If you have not received your NOA1 yet, I recommend you to try reach out to your congressman. Also, re-email the lockbox and re-contact USCIS. 

And by the way, I am a November 6th, filer and have not received anything. But hopefully I will get the NOA1 very soon! 
Good luck, and I wish you the best! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent ours October 18, it was received October 22, I got our letter and SMS about 2  and a half weeks later. Now we wait on NOA 2!🥰

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

How long does the process take after the NOA2? Still waiting, but for rough planning purposes. 

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, dmeister3 said:

Right...that wasn’t exactly my question maybe I should have been more clear lol. I’m wondering how long under recent conditions does the process take after NOA2. Trying to sort out of my fiancé needs to renew his apartment lease and for how long lol.

It’s really hard to answer that because it depends how long your case sits at the NVC and then how long it takes to transfer to your embassy (again depending on whether your embassy is processing K1’s at the moment. 

My embassy is Sydney and even though it’s functioning and conducting interviews at full capacity, it’s still taking about 30-45 days to schedule an interview due to backlogs and social distancing, so that needs to be taken into account too. 

The advice even then is not to quit your job, not end leases etc until the interview is approved and visa granted :) so it might be best to either work out an agreement with the landlord or (since you’re an October filer) go for a 6 month lease so then your fiancé won’t lose too much money should they be able to move to you earlier than expected. 

Long answer short 3-6 months after NOA2 best case, 12 months worst case (again depending on Covid - the worlds best excuse at the moment) hope this helped a little :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A little bit of potentially positive news, I'm part of a K-1 facebook group and I have seen a handful of people who submitted in mid-late July 2020 who have received their NOA2 in the last couple of days, so yay! Getting closer but, of course, not getting my hopes up too much because it's always safer to be more patient and cautious than excited on this crazy and stressful journey!

Timeline
1 hour ago, eggybreadb78 said:

A little bit of potentially positive news, I'm part of a K-1 facebook group and I have seen a handful of people who submitted in mid-late July 2020 who have received their NOA2 in the last couple of days, so yay! Getting closer but, of course, not getting my hopes up too much because it's always safer to be more patient and cautious than excited on this crazy and stressful journey!

Obviously, though it is different for everyone! But still :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 hours ago, eggybreadb78 said:

Good news indeed and not to be discouraged but after NOA 2 the word is that NVC is not even sending the paperwork to the local embassies as they are on backlog and remain closed with some exceptions (those fantastic countries that todo early actions on COvId-19 such as New Zealand and Australia). I heard that once your case reach NVC it’s worth looking for law firms that are currently suing the government and embassies that refuse finalizing the process - I don’t recall the exact name but the lawsuit is based on someone that sued Pompeo and a judge ordered the consulate to issue the family based visa to the plaintiff. Worth checking ... class actions withdraw a lot of attention 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, JeffDR said:

Good news indeed and not to be discouraged but after NOA 2 the word is that NVC is not even sending the paperwork to the local embassies as they are on backlog and remain closed with some exceptions (those fantastic countries that todo early actions on COvId-19 such as New Zealand and Australia). I heard that once your case reach NVC it’s worth looking for law firms that are currently suing the government and embassies that refuse finalizing the process - I don’t recall the exact name but the lawsuit is based on someone that sued Pompeo and a judge ordered the consulate to issue the family based visa to the plaintiff. Worth checking ... class actions withdraw a lot of attention 

Yep, most embassies are shut - it really sucks! The lawsuit you're talking about is Milligan vs. Pompeo - I'm part of an online group with the original plaintiff so 100000% going to go down this route once we're inevitably stuck at NVC stage. Fingers crossed we won't need to but it's looking likely, unless the ruling this time around applies to us all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone. Is there a way to update where my fiancée will eventually do her interview? When I submitted the application she was living and working in Netherlands and at the end of her visa this past January, she was going to get a work visa in Sweden but because of COVID that got cancelled. I had originally indicated that she was going to do her interview in Sweden but now she’s returned to her home country, Argentina, where she will do the interview instead. How do I make that happen? Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Redcloud said:

Hi everyone. Is there a way to update where my fiancée will eventually do her interview? When I submitted the application she was living and working in Netherlands and at the end of her visa this past January, she was going to get a work visa in Sweden but because of COVID that got cancelled. I had originally indicated that she was going to do her interview in Sweden but now she’s returned to her home country, Argentina, where she will do the interview instead. How do I make that happen? Thank you!

I suggest , if you haven’t done it yet, create a profile with USCIS and while there go have and submit a Change of Address - do it ASAP if you have not received your NOA2 yet 

1 hour ago, eggybreadb78 said:

Yep, most embassies are shut - it really sucks! The lawsuit you're talking about is Milligan vs. Pompeo - I'm part of an online group with the original plaintiff so 100000% going to go down this route once we're inevitably stuck at NVC stage. Fingers crossed we won't need to but it's looking likely, unless the ruling this time around applies to us all.

Awesome - please share .... I have been looking for a reliable attorney ..... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

It’s really hard to answer that because it depends how long your case sits at the NVC and then how long it takes to transfer to your embassy (again depending on whether your embassy is processing K1’s at the moment. 

My embassy is Sydney and even though it’s functioning and conducting interviews at full capacity, it’s still taking about 30-45 days to schedule an interview due to backlogs and social distancing, so that needs to be taken into account too. 

The advice even then is not to quit your job, not end leases etc until the interview is approved and visa granted :) so it might be best to either work out an agreement with the landlord or (since you’re an October filer) go for a 6 month lease so then your fiancé won’t lose too much money should they be able to move to you earlier than expected. 

Long answer short 3-6 months after NOA2 best case, 12 months worst case (again depending on Covid - the worlds best excuse at the moment) hope this helped a little :) 

Made me feel a bit better, thanks!

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, AishaniA93 said:

Hola! Embassy is Sydney also. Where did you receive info on appointment delay of 30-45 days? I thought of contacting to inquire. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, yvonme said:

Hola! Embassy is Sydney also. Where did you receive info on appointment delay of 30-45 days? I thought of contacting to inquire. 

Hello! Yay fellow Aussie :D 

on the website it says 65 days. I have DEFINITELY read that people have been  scheduling their interviews within 2-3 weeks though, so you never know! :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.