Crtcl Rice Theory

Woodward dismisses claims he could have saved lives by publishing Trump's coronavirus remarks sooner

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This teapot-tempest is simply the latest in the "one bombshell per week" that the Opposition will throw against Pres. Trump's wall, to see if it will stick, between now and the election.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Please define what he or the Covid Task Force could have done to be hero's?  Btw, I lost my first cousin because my governor decided it was best to put Covid+ patients back in care facilities via EO.  Do I blame her, no, not really, but she is an idiot that doesn't follow the science.

I'll just drop this one in here.

he failed. He cost lives. That is all you will ever get about the scamdemic 

3 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

so what could we have done differently.  The CDC and Drs were all over the place 

Probably shouldn't have dismissed the WHO out of hand so quickly. At this point, most of the rest of the world seems to have done a better job with flattening the curve than we have been able to.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Please define what he or the Covid Task Force could have done to be hero's?  Btw, I lost my first cousin because my governor decided it was best to put Covid+ patients back in care facilities via EO.  Do I blame her, no, not really, but she is an idiot that doesn't follow the science.

The people I lost both went quickly. Very, very quickly. We still don't know how either contracted the virus, both were people living in the world, taking reasonable precautions. But this isn't a suffering competition, I truly don't mean it to be. 

I think what Trump could have done to be a hero is say to all of us what he said to Woodward at the time he said it to Woodward: this is worse than the flu, this is transmitted not just by touching surfaces but through the air. In February, we weren't hearing those things from Trump. We were being told it wasn't a big deal, it would all go away, America has it under control. But Trump knew this was a far bigger deal than he was letting on at the time he was saying the opposite, and he told Woodward he knew it was a big deal. I get the impulse not to freak people out, but there is a path to hew between underplaying the virus to achieve that goal and putting everyone into a state of panic. I think his heart was in the right place but the execution was faulty. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

The people I lost both went quickly. Very, very quickly. We still don't know how either contracted the virus, both were people living in the world, taking reasonable precautions. But this isn't a suffering competition, I truly don't mean it to be. 

I think what Trump could have done to be a hero is say to all of us what he said to Woodward at the time he said it to Woodward: this is worse than the flu, this is transmitted not just by touching surfaces but through the air. In February, we weren't hearing those things from Trump. We were being told it wasn't a big deal, it would all go away, America has it under control. But Trump knew this was a far bigger deal than he was letting on at the time he was saying the opposite, and he told Woodward he knew it was a big deal. I get the impulse not to freak people out, but there is a path to hew between underplaying the virus to achieve that goal and putting everyone into a state of panic. I think his heart was in the right place but the execution was faulty. 

So let's look at the timeline.  Trump said this to Woodward on February 7th when the US had less than 15 confirmed cases and 0 deaths.  What would you have done differently on February 8th if the President had come out and proclaimed everyone put on masks, businesses must shutdown, and you could not get together with your family or friends?   He was lambasted for limiting travel from China, and I will admit he should have limited travel from other places at the same time, but we had other political types also telling us it was no big deal, come to Chinatown.  He did in fact tell everyone it was a big deal in late March, but he was still remaining positive and did not want to instill any more panic than was already there, and we also had other task force members telling it like it was which was the strategy used by the WH (remember the daily briefings until many grew tired of them).  Dr. Fauci has come out and said no one, not even President Trump, directed him as to what to say or how to say it.  Many folks will criticize the execution, but I doubt anyone else would have seen any different results.

This has already been discussed ad infinitum regarding nothing in the Woodward book is a revelation, and I doubt it will sway anyone regardless of how hard the leftist media tries.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Probably shouldn't have dismissed the WHO out of hand so quickly. At this point, most of the rest of the world seems to have done a better job with flattening the curve than we have been able to.

Remind me, when did the WHO declare this a pandemic?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

What specifically?

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

What specifically?

For one, we could have accepted the test kits they offered in February. They (WHO) certainly got some things wrong, especially in the beginning, but that shouldn't have led to dismissing them as if they didn't know anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

he failed. He cost lives. That is all you will ever get about the scamdemic 

When I listen the president go on like this, I just reinforces my view that he is not equipped for the job.

23 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

When I listen the president go on like this, I just reinforces my view that he is not equipped for the job.

The term is called confirmation bias. You already didn't like the guy, so anything he says is going to reinforce it, and there are plenty of outlets willing to oblige. It's precisely the point of hanging onto "sentences" that "costs lives".

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

38 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The term is called confirmation bias. You already didn't like the guy, so anything he says is going to reinforce it, and there are plenty of outlets willing to oblige. It's precisely the point of hanging onto "sentences" that "costs lives".

It's also called empirical observation.

It could be empirical.. for Woodward, but we only got a few selected sentences that he hung onto for months.  Empirically, we've observed how often this sort of contrived smear effort has played out. There's no benevolent explanation as to why, if Trump's response back in Feb cost lives why Woodward would wait, beyond the timing. Best of luck to him with his book. 😂

This isn't going to do anything to Trump. 

Also, back to the empirical observation of smear efforts, logic dictates we can expect more, because these people aren't anything but predictable. I also expect the same "see! this is why orange man bad!" charade. We'll see when people realize this doesn't work anymore. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

You are free to jump to conclusions about my experience, views and background based in what little you read, but you don't know me. 

I wasn't listening to a third party talk about the president. I observed, first hand, the question and both the substance and tone of his reply.