Crtcl Rice Theory

Woodward dismisses claims he could have saved lives by publishing Trump's coronavirus remarks sooner

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Burnt Reynolds said:

That's like saying you empirically heard Smollett describe what happened. You heard portions of what someone wanted you to hear. Because I don't partake in the little Ben Shapiro Hanlon's razor facade, I assume you have a modicum of common sense and wouldn't suggest that handpicked portions of an interview released entirely explains anything. But because you do and in your prior posts you've come to similar character conclusions based on what's clearly severe animus, I can easily come to a conclusion. I'm not saying you're a terrible person or insulting you, but the methodology is not in the remotest sense logical and empirically it's occurred so much in interactions with people on the left its unequivocally a theme. It's a common one used to try and beat people over the head with negativity as if that upsets them or gets them to capitulate. Doesn't work anymore. It'll spare you much heartbreak later if you come to terms with it now. 

You may be experiencing difficulty in following the thread. Nature boy posted the president's press conference post Woodward tapes. That was the input that confirmed my discomfort with the president's approach.  Nice psychobabble stream of consciousness tho.

Edited by CanAm1980

Timeline
18 hours ago, Dashinka said:

An unhealthy and sedentary population?

Does that also increase the infection rate?

1 hour ago, CanAm1980 said:

You may be experiencing difficulty in following the thread. Nature boy posted the president's press conference post Woodward tapes. That was the input that confirmed my discomfort with the president's approach.  Nice psychobabble stream of consciousness tho.

So tl;dr->orange man bad! :thumbs:

Clearly some are better off keeping it simple.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

unhealthy people = increased infections?  

Yeah,. I'd say it's pretty simple to grasp that concept.  Not the only reason of course, but I'd warrant that it's in the top three.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

That was not the question you asked.  I think the infection rate is in line with the US having the third largest population in the world, and as to the infection rates in China and India, if you believe those numbers there are a few bridges for sale somewhere.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
12 hours ago, Dashinka said:

That was not the question you asked.  I think the infection rate is in line with the US having the third largest population in the world, and as to the infection rates in China and India, if you believe those numbers there are a few bridges for sale somewhere.

How do infection rates in the US compare to Canada and Europe?

Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Not sure if you are aware, but you failed to address a legitimate question with your non-answer.

What was the legitimate question?

Timeline
6 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

How do infection rates in the US compare to Canada and Europe?

Is that a relevant comparison?  Sure, we all know that Canada and Europe are far superior to the US in every way, and they probably have a secret to getting past the Vid.  But in reality, there are so many factors involved that cannot be controlled by anyone, not even the venerable Governors Cuomo, Newsom or Whitmer.  The whole thing comes down to personal responsibility.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Is that a relevant comparison?  Sure, we all know that Canada and Europe are far superior to the US in every way, and they probably have a secret to getting past the Vid.  But in reality, there are so many factors involved that cannot be controlled by anyone, not even the venerable Governors Cuomo, Newsom or Whitmer.  The whole thing comes down to personal responsibility.

Is that a relevant number to what?  The only number the US is better compared is the percentage of patients who recover and that is tightly coupled to age demographics.

For a number of reasons,this country has failed to control the spread of this virus. 

10% of the population 25% of the coronavirus deaths.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

Is that a relevant number to what?  The only number the US is better compared is the percentage of patients who recover and that is tightly coupled to age demographics.

For a number of reasons,this country has failed to control the spread of this virus. 

10% of the population 25% of the coronavirus deaths.

So how do you control the spread of a new virus?  Back when this was ballooning, the only thing that was claimed as to dong anything was to flatten the curve.  Flattening the curve does not reduce the numbers, it only spreads them out over a longer period of time.  Without some form of vaccination, the virus will spread, but there is a good chance a vaccine may come in the next several months which is much faster than any we have seen in the past.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

So how do you control the spread of a new virus?  Back when this was ballooning, the only thing that was claimed as to dong anything was to flatten the curve.  Flattening the curve does not reduce the numbers, it only spreads them out over a longer period of time.  Without some form of vaccination, the virus will spread, but there is a good chance a vaccine may come in the next several months which is much faster than any we have seen in the past.

That doesn't answer the question as to why the US has more infections per capita. What is the answer to that question?

Filed: Timeline
Just now, CanAm1980 said:

That doesn't answer the question as to why the US has more infections per capita. What is the answer to that question?

You seem keen to discuss this.  I'm listening... why does the US have more infections per capita?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You seem keen to discuss this.  I'm listening... why does the US have more infections per capita?

I believe part of the answer is lack of a consistent Federal approach instead  of a patchwork if state and regional approaches. For example masks and social distancing. I am convinced that Texas, Florida, Georgia , Arizona could have benefited from stronger mandates coming from the Feds because we knew more by the time their waves hit.