Crtcl Rice Theory

Woodward dismisses claims he could have saved lives by publishing Trump's coronavirus remarks sooner

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

In a February interview Woodward conducted with Trump for the reporter's forthcoming book, "Rage," the president described the virus as "deadly stuff," even as he publicly compared it to seasonal flu. A month later, Trump admitted to Woodward that "I still like playing it [the virus] down, because I don’t want to create a panic."

Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple, whose paper published the audio of Trump's comments, tweeted Wednesday evening that he had interviewed Woodward and pressed him about the blowback he has received.

I was particularly disgusted by Kayleigh McEnany pretending that the recordings didn't say what I could clearly hear him say. 

I am so, so disappointed by this news. He knew the seriousness of the problem and the manner of transmission, and yet he downplayed it -- then admitted to downplaying it because he's a cheerleader for America? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

I was particularly disgusted by Kayleigh McEnany pretending that the recordings didn't say what I could clearly hear him say. 

I am so, so disappointed by this news. He knew the seriousness of the problem and the manner of transmission, and yet he downplayed it -- then admitted to downplaying it because he's a cheerleader for America? 

Fake news? Hit job? I got nothing, these guys are losers, Pence and the cabinet more than anyone.

All I can think is: he knew. He knew and he could have been a hero. This is too sad. Having lost two people in my circle of friends and family friends, one within the past couple of months, I can't help but wonder: what if.

Timeline

"In a February interview Woodward conducted with Trump for the reporter's forthcoming book, "Rage," the president described the virus as "deadly stuff," even as he publicly compared it to seasonal flu. A month later, Trump admitted to Woodward that "I still like playing it [the virus] down, because I don’t want to create a panic."

Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple, whose paper published the audio of Trump's comments, tweeted Wednesday evening that he had interviewed Woodward and pressed him about the blowback he has received."

Okay.. fake news! Except, the president had himself on tape 😞

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

What's the issue here again?

Another nothingburger.  A quick search will turn up Trump saying almost exactly the same thing in public around the same time in response to a question by CNN's own Jim Acosta, and Dr. Fauci, who I imagine was removed from many of the Dems Christmas Card lists, backed up the President.  I think the real question here is how many people outside of the activist media will actually read Woodward's book.

Charlie Brown.jpg

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dashinka said:

Another nothingburger.  A quick search will turn up Trump saying almost exactly the same thing in public around the same time in response to a question by CNN's own Jim Acosta, and Dr. Fauci, who I imagine was removed from many of the Dems Christmas Card lists, backed up the President.  I think the real question here is how many people outside of the activist media will actually read Woodward's book.

Charlie Brown.jpg

Don't try to gaslight me.

You don't need to read the book. The story is clear and on tapes: The president displayed a thorough understanding of the risks and severity of this disease and admitted he wanted to downplay the impacts to the public. Why? I will let you choose, he says it's because he didn't want to panic the public.

We have been hearing out of his mouth that this is a hoax, it will wash right through, you don't need a mask and I said to myself "he must believe that, even if it's wrong."  Now we see he has been clearly cognizant of what this disease was and did nothing except stand in the way. Criminal.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

You don't need to read the book. The story is clear and on tapes: The president displayed a thorough understanding of the risks and severity of this disease and admitted he wanted to downplay the impacts to the public. Why? I will let you choose, he says it's because he didn't want to panic the public.

We have been hearing out of his mouth that this is a hoax, it will wash right through, you don't need a mask and I said to myself "he must believe that, even if it's wrong."  Now we see he has been clearly cognizant of what this disease was and did nothing except stand in the way. Criminal.

Gaslight?  Not sure that is possible with all the material that is out there, but believe what you want.  Trump is on public record saying how concerned he was with the virus spread, and I would bet he would have liked to do some things differently such as closing the borders sooner especially to Europe, but with the reaction to the efforts to restrict travel from China, I am sure the regular actors on the Left (Pelosi et. al) would have flipped their lids.  As has been discussed many times, the actual powers of the Executive Branch during a pandemic is very limited, but of course if we elect Old Joe, he will cure the Vid through nationwide and unconstitutional means and of course the media will make it look that way.  I suppose he could have incited more panic into the population, but we had enough of that with the actions and words of the people that actually do have powers during a pandemic. 

As to President Trump, I don't think he called the tapes a hoax, but rather a political hit piece which may not have been the purpose of Mr. Woodward, but the Left will never let a crisis (real or imaginary) go to waste.  The point is that there really is no new revelations here.

The thing that is more telling to me is that President Trump is not afraid to talk to anyone, answer any question and speak his mind.  He does not need pre-approved questions with his pre-approved answers loaded into a teleprompter.

26 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Lost at the last paragraph. He never called the virus a hoax, he put forth the China travel ban EO in January, House Democrats immediately introduced a resolution to undo the travel ban, Democrat states sued Trump to try and unsuccessfully get an injunction to halt it, they did PR stunts in several states suggesting racism on the travel ban and encouraging people to engage in behavior conducive to spreading the virus, flout their own rules themselves, then all the selective clips show is he doesn't want to induce a panic which he himself says verbatim. It's such a reach its absolutely hilarious that you think you're onto something. 

With how long ago Woodward sat on that interview (for apparently such an important and egregious circumstance) its very clear this was done at this time purely for the polls and the book. No need to gaslight you, you do it fine all on your own. This is the same tactic tried over and over again on everything Trump does in the past 4 years and while it sadly was mildly successful back then, it suffers so badly from diminishing returns (if any) its cute people still try. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

11 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

What's the issue here again?

The only thing cant understand is why Trump would sit down and do hours of interviews with someone he knew would do a hit peice.

I have no problem with him not trying to panic the nation.

1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Lost at the last paragraph. He never called the virus a hoax, he put forth the China travel ban EO in January, House Democrats immediately introduced a resolution to undo the travel ban, Democrat states sued Trump to try and unsuccessfully get an injunction to halt it, they did PR stunts in several states suggesting racism on the travel ban and encouraging people to engage in behavior conducive to spreading the virus, flout their own rules themselves, then all the selective clips show is he doesn't want to induce a panic which he himself says verbatim. It's such a reach its absolutely hilarious that you think you're onto something. 

With how long ago Woodward sat on that interview (for apparently such an important and egregious circumstance) its very clear this was done at this time purely for the polls and the book. No need to gaslight you, you do it fine all on your own. This is the same tactic tried over and over again on everything Trump does in the past 4 years and while it sadly was mildly successful back then, it suffers so badly from diminishing returns (if any) its cute people still try. 

darn facts again. Whats wrong with you lol 

12 hours ago, laylalex said:

All I can think is: he knew. He knew and he could have been a hero. This is too sad. Having lost two people in my circle of friends and family friends, one within the past couple of months, I can't help but wonder: what if.

so what could we have done differently.  The CDC and Drs were all over the place 

Timeline
12 hours ago, laylalex said:

Please define what he or the Covid Task Force could have done to be hero's?  Btw, I lost my first cousin because my governor decided it was best to put Covid+ patients back in care facilities via EO.  Do I blame her, no, not really, but she is an idiot that doesn't follow the science.

I'll just drop this one in here.