Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

my wife is still waiting for the interview for adjustment status. still don not have SS# because her visa expired because SS office were closed. did her biometrics on 02/17 & still waiting for the interview. planning to not do my taxes until she get her SS#. anybody knows how long is the interview after the biometrics & also, will she able to to get any of the stimulates checks? 

7 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

my wife is still waiting for the interview for adjustment status. still don not have SS# because her visa expired because SS office were closed. did her biometrics on 02/17 & still waiting for the interview. planning to not do my taxes until she get her SS#. anybody knows how long is the interview after the biometrics & also, will she able to to get any of the stimulates checks? 

Interview depends on how backlogged your local ASC is. I'm from Brooklyn so it would probably take me another year or so for my interview.

Another option is for your to apply for her ITIN. There have also been cases wherein the spouse was not able to get their SSN card immediately after their EAD was approved. 

Or file for extension for your taxes if you want to wait for her SSN instead. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Despite having checked the box for an SSN on the i-765 we never received one. After calling the main SS number, they gave us our local branch number. The local branch told us they arent doing in person , but to send EAD, Passport and SSN Application. That FED EX arrived and was signed for to our local office on 3/8. We called on 3/12-- no one could tell us the status of the application. The lady who answered said, why did you send all that in? You need an appointment. Someone will call you to set up. They finally called today, to schedule for next week. Well, hubby starts CDL training Monday for next four weeks. SO I asked for an appt in 4 weeks. The man said he cant schedule that far out because they have no idea what day that week they can schedule and we will need to call back closer to when he will be available....

giphy (12).gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 minutes ago, AOKS said:

Despite having checked the box for an SSN on the i-765 we never received one. After calling the main SS number, they gave us our local branch number. The local branch told us they arent doing in person , but to send EAD, Passport and SSN Application. That FED EX arrived and was signed for to our local office on 3/8. We called on 3/12-- no one could tell us the status of the application. The lady who answered said, why did you send all that in? You need an appointment. Someone will call you to set up. They finally called today, to schedule for next week. Well, hubby starts CDL training Monday for next four weeks. SO I asked for an appt in 4 weeks. The man said he cant schedule that far out because they have no idea what day that week they can schedule and we will need to call back closer to when he will be available....

giphy (12).gif

Same happened here. The social security office claims that USCIS never submitted the info/application to them even though we already have the EAD. And of course the next appointment (in-person) is ~4 weeks away.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Di real yawdie said:

EAD got changed to Case Approved today!!

how long after would it b mailed?

Usually just a few days, and it'll arrive a few days after that.

10 hours ago, Di real yawdie said:

EAD got changed to Case Approved today!!

how long after would it b mailed?

I485 got updated to Case is ready to be scheduled for a interview!!

I’m happy but thought since it was for my mom they would have waived interview and have her just mail in I-693..is this possible to have her still just mail it in and have interview waived?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How long do you all think it would take after an RFE is received by USCIS to continue processing case?

I sent in the RFE for the i944 (like a week before they decided to tell ppl not to), and I havent heard anything from them yet (other than they got it).

I had my biometrics Feb 17, and my ASC is Raleigh, and yeah, haven't heard anything, not even my letter for medical that I didn't send in.

Looking at past cases for my ASC, people get their greencard appointment a month and a bit after biometrics 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Zaraliaya said:

How long do you all think it would take after an RFE is received by USCIS to continue processing case?

I sent in the RFE for the i944 (like a week before they decided to tell ppl not to), and I havent heard anything from them yet (other than they got it).

I had my biometrics Feb 17, and my ASC is Raleigh, and yeah, haven't heard anything, not even my letter for medical that I didn't send in.

Looking at past cases for my ASC, people get their greencard appointment a month and a bit after biometrics 😕

Same thing happened to me. Send it RFE for I-944 back during start of February, still waiting on an update. I haven't even gotten a biometrics appointment scheduled yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello September filers. 

So later today at 1:35pm is our AOS interview at Chicago. 

Hoping for a positive outcome. 

Still haven't filed my SSN. I will do it after the interview since I'll be sending them original documents thru mail. Or I can go in person again but it will be in May 11. That's a very long time to wait. 

Anyway, have a good day everyone.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

Hello September filers. 

So later today at 1:35pm is our AOS interview at Chicago. 

Hoping for a positive outcome. 

Still haven't filed my SSN. I will do it after the interview since I'll be sending them original documents thru mail. Or I can go in person again but it will be in May 11. That's a very long time to wait. 

Anyway, have a good day everyone.

Had our interview awhile ago. It was a smooth interview. Though they ask me about a copy of my medical. I told them that I gave the whole packet to the immigration officer in our port of entry which is Los Angeles. He said it was not in my files. Glad that I have extra copy of my vaccination record. So he photocopied it. The officer told us that he can't make any decisions right now cause he needs to review our case. I didn't received any RFE for a medical. So we finished the interview and went home. After 2hours I checked my case online. Nothing change. Then around 4:30pm I checked again. Lo and behold, card is being produced for both me and my son. Praise the Lord. God is good. 

I will miss this site. Without you guys here I dont know how my experience will be like. Im thankful for Visajourney. 

Maybe see you again after 2year for removal of conditions. 

Godbless you all. 

Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Esterlyn said:

Had our interview awhile ago. It was a smooth interview. Though they ask me about a copy of my medical. I told them that I gave the whole packet to the immigration officer in our port of entry which is Los Angeles. He said it was not in my files. Glad that I have extra copy of my vaccination record. So he photocopied it. The officer told us that he can't make any decisions right now cause he needs to review our case. I didn't received any RFE for a medical. So we finished the interview and went home. After 2hours I checked my case online. Nothing change. Then around 4:30pm I checked again. Lo and behold, card is being produced for both me and my son. Praise the Lord. God is good. 

I will miss this site. Without you guys here I dont know how my experience will be like. Im thankful for Visajourney. 

Maybe see you again after 2year for removal of conditions. 

Godbless you all. 

A quick review to my AOS timeline. K1 AND K2

9-18-20 - AOS FILED VIA FEDEX.

9-21-20 - CASE RECEIVED IN LOCKBOX.

10-03-20 - PAYMENT RECEIVED FOR FINGERPRINTING

10-07-20 - RECEIVED SMS FROM USCIS. 6 RECEIPTS

10-13-20 - RECEIVED 6 NOTICE FOR AOS

10-19-20 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

11-10-20 - BIOMETRIC TAKEN

11-11-20 - CASE UPDATE TO FINGERPRINT WAS TAKEN FOR AOS AND EAD

12-22-20 - RECEIVED REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE ( I-944)

01-25-21 - RFE SENT OUT VIA FEDEX

01-28-21 -  CASE UPDATE TO RESPONSE RFE  RECEIVED

02-18-21 - CASE UPDATE TO CASE READY TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW

- EAD CARD PRODUCED

02-19-21 - CASE APPROVED FOR EAD AND AP

02-22-21 - EAD CARD MAILED TO MY ADDRESS

02-23-21 - INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED FOR AOS BOTH K1 AND K2

02-25-21 - COMBO CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

03-26-21 - INTERVIEW DAY AT 1:35PM AT CHICAGO USCIS

- AT 5PM CASE UPDATE TO NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED AND WILL SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS 

GOBLESS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE. 

On 3/28/2021 at 12:19 PM, Esterlyn said:

A quick review to my AOS timeline. K1 AND K2

9-18-20 - AOS FILED VIA FEDEX.

9-21-20 - CASE RECEIVED IN LOCKBOX.

10-03-20 - PAYMENT RECEIVED FOR FINGERPRINTING

10-07-20 - RECEIVED SMS FROM USCIS. 6 RECEIPTS

10-13-20 - RECEIVED 6 NOTICE FOR AOS

10-19-20 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

11-10-20 - BIOMETRIC TAKEN

11-11-20 - CASE UPDATE TO FINGERPRINT WAS TAKEN FOR AOS AND EAD

12-22-20 - RECEIVED REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE ( I-944)

01-25-21 - RFE SENT OUT VIA FEDEX

01-28-21 -  CASE UPDATE TO RESPONSE RFE  RECEIVED

02-18-21 - CASE UPDATE TO CASE READY TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW

- EAD CARD PRODUCED

02-19-21 - CASE APPROVED FOR EAD AND AP

02-22-21 - EAD CARD MAILED TO MY ADDRESS

02-23-21 - INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED FOR AOS BOTH K1 AND K2

02-25-21 - COMBO CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

03-26-21 - INTERVIEW DAY AT 1:35PM AT CHICAGO USCIS

- AT 5PM CASE UPDATE TO NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED AND WILL SEND IT TO THE ADDRESS 

GOBLESS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE. 

what a freaking joke the people at USCIS are..

i filed before you and they received my RFE for i-944 in December, and my case still shows "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received"

still no biometrics or EAD. cases should be done in the order they were received.

the low IQ idiots at USCIS are most likely doing newer received cases before  doing the older ones.. if someone has an IQ of a peanut, they are automatically qualify as a USCIS agent. Smart people arent hired by these agencies

the US government and all of their agencies and employees are complete failures. no wonder the world is laughing at us..

hell, look at our economy.. it's in complete shambles, along with the $28 trillion national debt...

Edited by Huskyfan32

16 hours ago, Huskyfan32 said:

what a freaking joke the people at USCIS are..

i filed before you and they received my RFE for i-944 in December, and my case still shows "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received"

still no biometrics or EAD. cases should be done in the order they were received.

the low IQ idiots at USCIS are most likely doing newer received cases before  doing the older ones.. if someone has an IQ of a peanut, they are automatically qualify as a USCIS agent. Smart people arent hired by these agencies

the US government and all of their agencies and employees are complete failures. no wonder the world is laughing at us..

hell, look at our economy.. it's in complete shambles, along with the $28 trillion national debt...

AOS cases depend on the field office more than the processing centers. There is no one line for all cases. Have you checked if your case is outside of normal processing times?

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.