Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, AOKS said:

We had our GC interview today and were told our GC with conditions should arrive in about one month!!

Interview was very quick and straightforward. The USCIS officer asked my husband to affirm the answers to the questions on the i-485 ( all the ones regarding will you break the law, are you a terrorist bits) 

Asked how we met

Then rapid fire asked a bunch of dates

wedding date

my bday

our kids bdays

date landed in US

date of our first meeting in person

date of when we first met

Asked me if I have added him to anything, and I told her since we don't have SSN yet, its very limited-- health insurance, one utility and two credit cards. 

She just said ok, and then started explaining that the green card will arrive in a month by regular mail and that we need to file form i-751 to remove conditions 90 days prior to GC expiration. She handed us the notice of interview results stating the same, and asked if we had questions. 

We said thanks and were on our way! 

Thank you for sharing. I cannot wait for my wife’s interview. She’s pregnant and I got the moms Medicaid for her and I hope this won’t be a big problem as well since we couldn’t apply for her SS#. I couldn’t add her to my credit card. How were you added to your Husband’s? So happy for you 

10 hours ago, Rami91 said:

Thank you for sharing. I cannot wait for my wife’s interview. She’s pregnant and I got the moms Medicaid for her and I hope this won’t be a big problem as well since we couldn’t apply for her SS#. I couldn’t add her to my credit card. How were you added to your Husband’s? So happy for you 

Oh, that sounds frustrating and stressful!!!

I'm the petitioner, my husband is the beneficiary. Only two of my credit cards allowed me to add Authorized user without SSN. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, apellica said:

My wife just received her combo card today!  Now to hoping we can get the social security card for her soon.....

How long ago did it change to "New card being produced"? We just got that status today.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joser4415 said:

Anybody still waiting to get their BIO?? Package received on September 25th, 2020. Case at the Tampa Field Office.

I am. PD 09/29 Cincinnati ASC/FO. I am guessing both Cincinnati and Tampa are super backed up. I did get an RFE from NBC that I responded to for I-944

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/4/2021 at 7:26 PM, BCG said:

How long ago did it change to "New card being produced"? We just got that status today.

The status changes went in this order for us:   

1. (November 10th, 2020) - The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken
  2. (February 25th, 2021) - We ordered your new card
  3. (February 26th, 2021) - We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
  4. (March 1st, 2021) - We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us
  5. (March 2nd, 2021) - The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card

Once we got the combo card, we literally got her social security number the following day or 2.  Very happy it was that quick, but I believe it's dependant upon where your SSA office is and how busy they are.

Highly recommend using the Case Tracker app that can be downloaded to your mobile phone/tablet.  My wife never got any email notifications from the USCIS as the card was being produced or mailed.  We got the updates from the Case Tracker way before we received the official Notice of Action letters in the mail.

Hope this helps!!

event.png

23 minutes ago, apellica said:

Highly recommend using the Case Tracker app that can be downloaded to your mobile phone/tablet.  My wife never got any email notifications from the USCIS as the card was being produced or mailed.  We got the updates from the Case Tracker way before we received the official Notice of Action letters in the mail.

Where did you download the case tracker app? Do you have a link? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Claireh703 said:

Where did you download the case tracker app? Do you have a link? 

I don't have a link and I can't speak for Android users since I have an Iphone.  However, it should be easy to find on your mobile device.  For Iphone users, just go to the app store and search for Case Tracker for USCIS (it's free).  I took a picture of what the app  looks like.  This will allow you to track all your receipt numbers with the USCIS to check their status.  Very handy tool.....

Case_Tracker.thumb.PNG.31c75da61d5e5cb996857553171f063a.PNG

event.png

18 minutes ago, apellica said:

I don't have a link and I can't speak for Android users since I have an Iphone.  However, it should be easy to find on your mobile device.  For Iphone users, just go to the app store and search for Case Tracker for USCIS (it's free).  I took a picture of what the app  looks like.  This will allow you to track all your receipt numbers with the USCIS to check their status.  Very handy tool.....

Thank you!  I found it... I had presumed it was through the USCIS website.  You're confident it's safe to use even though it's not affiliated?  I'll be glad knowing that I'll get notifications and it'll stop me checking the website for updates a million times a day for next 6 months!

On 3/5/2021 at 9:52 AM, waiting2020 said:

I am. PD 09/29 Cincinnati ASC/FO. I am guessing both Cincinnati and Tampa are super backed up. I did get an RFE from NBC that I responded to for I-944

Yeah, unfortunately... I did a little bit more digging regarding wait times at the TAMPA FO and it looks like they are extremely backed up. Wait times in the 8-9 months just to get your BIO!! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, Joser4415 said:

Yeah, unfortunately... I did a little bit more digging regarding wait times at the TAMPA FO and it looks like they are extremely backed up. Wait times in the 8-9 months just to get your BIO!! :(

How did you manage to find wait times for a specific ASC? I’ve been looking for biometric wait times for Charlotte NC without any luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, tris&kris said:

How did you manage to find wait times for a specific ASC? I’ve been looking for biometric wait times for Charlotte NC without any luck

Check here for the timelines of people that have recently gotten bio appointments in your area and reported them to this site (sort by Bio): https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?vtype=&op8=Charlotte+NC&interview=&xfr=&op1=5&op2=&op3=&op4=1&op5=&cfl=0

Edited by BCG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, Joser4415 said:

Anybody still waiting to get their BIO?? Package received on September 25th, 2020. Case at the Tampa Field Office.

Yeah I'm still waiting 😕 Package received September 30, Salt Lake City office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.