Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

Feb. 25, 2021

Received my combo card in the Mail today. A big THANK YOU LORD. 

Called the SSA for my SSN but no one is picking up. I will try in the morning. 

We received EAD about 3 weeks ago. No Ssn within a week, so we called. We were told to call our local office. Local office did not receive anything from USCIS as of yet. They told us it's been taking 4-6 weeks in general for issuance of SSN, and if we.dont have THE SSN by Mar 11, we need to mail application, passport and EAD to local office in order to get one issued🤦

34 minutes ago, AOKS said:

We received EAD about 3 weeks ago. No Ssn within a week, so we called. We were told to call our local office. Local office did not receive anything from USCIS as of yet. They told us it's been taking 4-6 weeks in general for issuance of SSN, and if we.dont have THE SSN by Mar 11, we need to mail application, passport and EAD to local office in order to get one issued🤦

I heard there is another delay at the SSN offices, 

someone said this in my WhatsApp group 

“I sent a fax to the SS office then they called me back for an appointment (3 weeks later) 
I had my appointment last week and now I’m waiting for my SS card.” 

The pandemic really slowed almost everything down 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, AOKS said:

Applied my SSN separately but I did use my  married name so they don't give me. We are told to call SSA when we get our EAD card. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Esterlyn said:

Applied my SSN separately but I did use my  married name so they don't give me. We are told to call SSA when we get our EAD card. 

We applied separately too after wedding before the i-94 expired. But the whole process took so long to verify with uscis so the i-94 got expired before we even got one. Not sure if we need to reapply, reappear to ssa office or just call. Anyone experienced the same dilemma? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, lady8lu said:

We applied separately too after wedding before the i-94 expired. But the whole process took so long to verify with uscis so the i-94 got expired before we even got one. Not sure if we need to reapply, reappear to ssa office or just call. Anyone experienced the same dilemma? 

So i called the local office just a moment ago. They told me to send in all original documents like new application form, marriage certificate, birth certificate and EAD card. It will take 2weeks before they send back the documents to you. And will take 3-4weeks to receive your card. I ask if I can just go to the office and hand them the documents and I can take my documents with me after. He said I can but it must be scheduled. He let me wait and said he will look for a schedule. After 5 minutes he said if it's okay to put me on hold so he can schedule me. I waited like an hour on the phone on hold but he never get back to me. Oh man. Godbless his soul. (Feeling a bit frustrated).

Anyhow, maybe we will just send it thru mail then. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Esterlyn said:

So i called the local office just a moment ago. They told me to send in all original documents like new application form, marriage certificate, birth certificate and EAD card. It will take 2weeks before they send back the documents to you. And will take 3-4weeks to receive your card. I ask if I can just go to the office and hand them the documents and I can take my documents with me after. He said I can but it must be scheduled. He let me wait and said he will look for a schedule. After 5 minutes he said if it's okay to put me on hold so he can schedule me. I waited like an hour on the phone on hold but he never get back to me. Oh man. Godbless his soul. (Feeling a bit frustrated).

Anyhow, maybe we will just send it thru mail then. 

Thats frustrating. 3-4weeks starts after they sent u back your documents? 

So you’re saying you applied personally too before?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lady8lu said:

Thats frustrating. 3-4weeks starts after they sent u back your documents? 

So you’re saying you applied personally too before?

Yes. I applied personally separately before we filed for AOS

They will send the documents back to you after 2weeks. The guy told me that when they received the documents, it will stay in the storage room for a week before opening. So it's pending for a week ( to prevent covid). Then after that week, they will open and get copy of your docs. And send it back to you. Then you will receive the card in 3-4weeks time. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

Yes. I applied personally separately before we filed for AOS

They will send the documents back to you after 2weeks. The guy told me that when they received the documents, it will stay in the storage room for a week before opening. So it's pending for a week ( to prevent covid). Then after that week, they will open and get copy of your docs. And send it back to you. Then you will receive the card in 3-4weeks time. 

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess we will do that then. Sucks. No update still from our case. 

Just got USPS informed delivery that my SSN is arriving today! I received I-765 & I-131 approval notices with my Combo card yesterday.

I am one step closer to the finish line. Wish everyone success on their journeys. 

Interview scheduled on 2/19 for 4/5!

9/8/20 Case was received

9/22/20 Fingerprint fee accepted

12/4/20 Ready to schedule interview

12/14/20 Interview scheduled

12/18/20 Interview canceled

01/23/21 Mail notice bio appt

02/11/21 Bio appt

02/13/21 Ready to schedule interview

02/19/21 Interview scheduled

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

National Benefits Center / Field Center: New York City

My and my spouse's timeline (steps from USCIS website are bolded).

August 30, 2020 - Mailed out case to USCIS (I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765. I-693 and I-944 not included) (Delivered August 31).

September 1, 2020 We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

September 1, 2020 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

September 16, 2020 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

September 17, 2020 Case Was Received (I-130).

September 17, 2020 Case Was Received (I-131).

September 18, 2020 - Checks cashed.

November 30, 2020 We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. (I-944).

January 6, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

January 7, 2021 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken (I-765).

February 19, 2021 - Mailed out I-944 RFE Response (Delivered February 25)

February 26, 2021 Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

How long is is taking everyone to get their notice in the mail for interview date? We got the notice on Feb 18 that "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" but still haven't received anything in the mail :(. We're in NY.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

How long is is taking everyone to get their notice in the mail for interview date? We got the notice on Feb 18 that "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" but still haven't received anything in the mail :(. We're in NY.

It really depends on your local field office. My local FO is Manhattan, I’ve been ready to be scheduled for an interview since 02/02/21, but I don’t expect to get an interview until early 2022, maybe December 2021 if we’re lucky. But if you’re elsewhere in NY it might be different. I’d look into your FO processing times to get an idea. 

Edited by iy2020

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.