Sarge2155

September 2020 - AOS Filers

763 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, apellica said:

I'm no tax expert, however...if it was me, I probably would check YES since you did at some point file a federal return.  Then I would put 2019 in the box that says Federal Tax Year and then supply that Box 1 figure from the W-2 into the following box next to it where it asks for your "Wages, tips".  Also, keep in mind, not everyone has filed their 2020 taxes yet since people have thru April 15th to submit.  Therefore, if you submit before then, I would think the USCIS would be ok with your 2019 Federal Return.

Again, that is just my opinion.  Hope that helps!

Best of Luck,

apellica

Thank you for the advice !!👍🏿👍🏿

Biometrics done yesterday.

USCIS case updated online to show 'fingerprints were taken' for both I485 and I765. 

It's been sitting on 'Received response to request for evidence' on I485 since Dec 17, 2021 and 'case received' for I765 since September 22nd, 2021.

The waiting continues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

For those of you that did Bio and also submitted all three forms (i-485, EAD and AP), did you get a bio notice for AP? Obviously we did Bio and it was applied to the green card app and EAD but not AP. How does it actually work with getting AP approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

For those of you that did Bio and also submitted all three forms (i-485, EAD and AP), did you get a bio notice for AP? Obviously we did Bio and it was applied to the green card app and EAD but not AP. How does it actually work with getting AP approved? 

Hello there. We didn't get bio for AP. It's only for I-485 and I -765.

Had our bio nov.10, 2020. 

Replied to RFE Jan. 28. 2021. 

Still waiting for update for our EAD and AP. Getting so anxious every day. 

My PD is Sept. 21, 2020

Timeline

As of today feb.18, 2021 case update to "Case is ready to schedule for an interview for both K1 and K2. "

No update for EAD and AP. 

Praying Praying and Praying. 

1 hour ago, Esterlyn said:

Hello there. We didn't get bio for AP. It's only for I-485 and I -765.

Had our bio nov.10, 2020. 

Replied to RFE Jan. 28. 2021. 

Still waiting for update for our EAD and AP. Getting so anxious every day. 

My PD is Sept. 21, 2020

I must agree that the entire process has slowed down. It’s frustrating in a way, but certainly understandable. A lot of people are running out of patience and nothing can be done. 

EAD expedition has increased and that has also slowed down normal processing time, almost everyone is expediting with a job offer or severe hardship.

My PD is Sept 21 and I just did biometrics, and there you are having done your biometrics in Nov 2020 and still expecting wow! I guess I have to sit back and forget about this until they have my time. 

Wish everyone luck out there

Timeline

As of today feb.18, 2021 case update to "Case is

4 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

As of today feb.18, 2021 case update to "Case is ready to schedule for an interview for both K1 and K2. "

No update for EAD and AP. 

Praying Praying and Praying. 

Another update today for EAD. Card is being produce. 

Two updates as today. Thank you lord. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/13/2021 at 5:09 AM, apellica said:

Last week, our case status changed to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview.  After we submitted our RFE for the I-944, it was a quick turn-around which was great!  However, I don't know how long it typically takes for them to schedule an interview.  You would think it wouldn't take long, but I'm hearing it could take a while depending on your service center.

This process has been exhausting and we can't wait to get a break from all this paperwork.  In all honesty, the thing we want the most is the EAD approval so we can her social security number in order to file our taxes.  I know I could file an extension, but I would like to avoid that if possible since I have to submit 4 returns.....a real pain.

What was the delay between “Response Received” on the I-944 and “Ready to schedule interview”? We just got the first one today, but I-944 is so huge that I’m wondering how long it takes to process.

Timeline
4 hours ago, BCG said:

What was the delay between “Response Received” on the I-944 and “Ready to schedule interview”? We just got the first one today, but I-944 is so huge that I’m wondering how long it takes to process.

It didn’t take that long.  I think my case was updated in about 1 - 2 weeks.  Honestly, they probably just made sure they received it.  I doubt they spent time reviewing all the documents I gave them that fast.  That probably comes much later....

event.png

On 2/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Tropical_Man1 said:

Just had my bio appointment today. Timeline so far:

PD -   Sept 21

RFIE - Dec 31 (I-944 RFIE sent & received Feb 5)

BIO - Feb 11 (Received Jan 28)

Back to waiting ...... Hopefully something good soon 😌 

New Card Being Produced!!!! 

Lawfully was accurate it said 02-18 and yes it updated!!!!! 

Yippee!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tropical_Man1 said:

New Card Being Produced!!!! 

Lawfully was accurate it said 02-18 and yes it updated!!!!! 

Yippee!! 

Yey. Congratulations. Seen alot of September filers get their bio and some updates. Glory be to God. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I had my biometrics appointment on Wednesday 17th of February and the same day nothing changed on my uscis account (I had only ‘case was received’ status).

Since yesterday my case status changed to: ‘Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken’.

I keep praying for all of us to get our EAD as soon as possible 🤞🏻

17 minutes ago, Esterlyn said:

Yey. Congratulations. Seen alot of September filers get their bio and some updates. Glory be to God. 

Did you file for AP I-131 and if yes did you get any update on that? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kasia & Damian said:

I had my biometrics appointment on Wednesday 17th of February and the same day nothing changed on my uscis account (I had only ‘case was received’ status).

Since yesterday my case status changed to: ‘Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken’.

I keep praying for all of us to get our EAD as soon as possible 🤞🏻

Update: I just checked my account and it says ‘Error retrieving case status’ 🙀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.