dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2020

60 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

That’s so good!!! Congrats!!! :) did you guys send your file in? Or was it all electronic? We did a K1-Visa I-129 so that should be the same kinda time frame as yours :)? 

so just to understand you got the approval from USCIS and a few days later got an email from NVC? With a case number ? So they didn’t have to send it over and take ages? It was all electronic ? Sorry for the questions :) 

yes the long wait is nearly done!!! It took us 8 and half months for our NOA2!!! Haha 

Yes exactly, we got an electronic mail ( i.e an email) on my Gmail with case number and an invoice number. You will need them to login to CEAC. I am not sure if they will also send a physical letter through post. 

Yeah, our wait was also near 9 months....NoA 2 is like a baby😜

Edited by DesiGirlChicago

57 minutes ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Yes exactly, we got an electronic mail ( i.e an email) on my Gmail with case number and an invoice number. You will need them to login to CEAC. I am not sure if they will also send a physical letter through post. 

Yeah, our wait was also near 9 months....NoA 2 is like a baby😜

I’m gonna ask my fiancé to check his email!!!! Have they gone to doing everything electronic now ? 

yeah did you file in December 2019? 

this is crazy here I was been told it takes 6 weeks after USCIS Approval of NOA2 to get your case number ! 

9 hours ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

I’m gonna ask my fiancé to check his email!!!! Have they gone to doing everything electronic now ? 

yeah did you file in December 2019? 

this is crazy here I was been told it takes 6 weeks after USCIS Approval of NOA2 to get your case number ! 

I read somewhere to give them a buzz after a week from approval. I received mine the following business day after approval.

Some cases I’ve been following on visa tracker that got approved about 4months ago have still not been sent to The Department of State. 

Yh, everything is done electronically at NVC stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Anyone else's case stuck at NVC after DQ due to embassy not opened for visa services? Our was DQ'd on August 11 and is still at NVC. The embassy is yet to resume visa interviews so we don't know how much longer we need to wait

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Anyone else's case stuck at NVC after DQ due to embassy not opened for visa services? Our was DQ'd on August 11 and is still at NVC. The embassy is yet to resume visa interviews so we don't know how much longer we need to wait

How can I find out where our case currently is? We got DQ´d Septermber 1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Hi, we got DQ’d the same day, August 11th but status still says at NVC.
I know that some people with CR-1 visas whose interviews got cancelled in the early summer have had their interviews at the local embassy In September which is good news. So eventually they have to get to our case but I have no idea when that will happen. I feel very discouraged because I was hoping to be done with the process before Christmas but who knows at this point 😕 

Anyway, let’s hope we both get interviews very soon! Good luck 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Lots of people, including me. MY DQ is from May...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 hours ago, mallasharas said:

How can I find out where our case currently is? We got DQ´d Septermber 1

Please check the CEAC visa status site. You'll only need to enter your NVC case number

Hello, hope you all are doing well with all this situation. Today I finally got DQ'd, but my case will remain at NVC because I'm F-2A.

I want to know what topic do I need to follow now.

And I received the email of DQ and got 2 messages on CEAC platform saying that all my documents have been received and approved, but a household member says incomplete because the LPR proof was submitted and accepted on the "supporting documents" section, and not in the "main documents" section. Do I need to resubmit that LPR proof on the correct section?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! We just submitted everything today. I was wondering if this is normal on CEAC, it shows "submitted" on both of the sections on the home page, and next to the documents in the different pages. However, I can still go on the pages (AOS and immigrant package) and the submit buttons are still available, is that normal?

I just want to make sure it is submitted for real, since we did not receive any email confirmation...thanks !

Edited by T&S_MTL

11 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

Hi everyone! We just submitted everything today. I was wondering if this is normal on CEAC, it shows "submitted" on both of the sections on the home page, and next to the documents in the different pages. However, I can still go on the pages (AOS and immigrant package) and the submit buttons are still available, is that normal?

I just want to make sure it is submitted for real, since we did not receive any email confirmation...thanks !

Yes, completely normal! Hoping for a quick DQ for you!

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, B&ANZ said:

Yes, completely normal! Hoping for a quick DQ for you!

Thanks! 🙂 Do you know on average how much time it takes to get DQed ? I have 2 months in mind but lately things changed a lot...got our I130 approval from Nebraska pretty quickly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.