dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2020

60 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hello All,

Our I-130 NOA 2 approval came few days back. So are we officially on NVC track or something has to be done from our side? I have read the forums and also checked the process map diagram - am confused on 'Case Completed' part. Our I-130 status shows Case Approved only.

I guess the NVC will create our case in their system and then some new status check link will be used with some other IOE type tracking number.

Please clarify.

Am petitioner, here in US, a citizen. Applicant is my Hubby, he is in India. 

Your case will be created at NVC and it will be emailed to you both so you can access this part of the process. Nothing more for you to do than wait. They email the NVC case number and invoice numbee to log into the CEAC site.

11 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Your case will be created at NVC and it will be emailed to you both so you can access this part of the process. Nothing more for you to do than wait. They email the NVC case number and invoice numbee to log into the CEAC site.

Thanks Xyrstine !! I got the Welcome Mail after few hours of the post so I immediately paid the 2 fees asked at CEAC. This was wonderful to do on a Sunday. I was hoping to get this resolved in coming week, but what a relief :) ☺️

Best Wishes for all!! 

Hi, everyone! I'm amazed — we submitted civil docs/AOS on August 26, and then we received a FE note on September 2. I uploaded the documents they asked for yesterday (Sept 7) and we just got DQ'd first thing this morning (Sept 8)! I can't believe it only took 2 weeks. Now we'll see how long our local consulate takes to schedule my husband's interview. They just started rescheduling interviews that were cancelled in March/April, but Kazakhstan doesn't have nearly as many IR-1 applicants as many countries in this forum.

I'm a bit confused about which thread I should join now — case complete to interview, right? And I should fill out the case complete to interview form?

6 minutes ago, amerikelinka said:

Hi, everyone! I'm amazed — we submitted civil docs/AOS on August 26, and then we received a FE note on September 2. I uploaded the documents they asked for yesterday (Sept 7) and we just got DQ'd first thing this morning (Sept 8)! I can't believe it only took 2 weeks. Now we'll see how long our local consulate takes to schedule my husband's interview. They just started rescheduling interviews that were cancelled in March/April, but Kazakhstan doesn't have nearly as many IR-1 applicants as many countries in this forum.

I'm a bit confused about which thread I should join now — case complete to interview, right? And I should fill out the case complete to interview form?

Congrats!
Similar thing happened to my wife's case. I guess they don't have as many cases as before so they have more time to spend on our cases lol :D

How did you know that the consulate has started rescheduling interviews that were cancelled in March/April?

Just now, Solyito said:

Congrats!
Similar thing happened to my wife's case. I guess they don't have as many cases as before so they have more time to spend on our cases lol :D

How did you know that the consulate has started rescheduling interviews that were cancelled in March/April?

Then congrats to you, too! Maybe this is karma blessing us for having had to wait 11 months at the USCIS stage. Did you have a long wait there, as well?

The U.S. Consulate Almaty frequently posts updates on their website regarding visa interviews, and I sent them an email to double-check. If we don't get an interview date on the books by November, though, I will request an expedite since we do have some financial and medical circumstances that would make it tough if he doesn't move by the end of the year.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, AshuS said:

DQ on August 11 (Kathmandu Nepal)  

Expedite Approved on August 28

but case is still in transit for week. How long does it take  from "in-transit" to ready. Can I send email to embassy or wait unit it became ready

Thank you !

Hi, can you tell me how you were able to expedite your case? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, Solyito said:

Hi!
We received our DQ email yesterday (Egypt)

Submitted: August 13

DQ: September 4

Congratulations. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Now come on over to the DQ to Interview thread.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/747089-case-complete-dq-to-interview-october-2020/page/8/#comments

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
On 9/6/2020 at 4:29 AM, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hello All,

Our I-130 NOA 2 approval came few days back. So are we officially on NVC track or something has to be done from our side? I have read the forums and also checked the process map diagram - am confused on 'Case Completed' part. Our I-130 status shows Case Approved only.

I guess the NVC will create our case in their system and then some new status check link will be used with some other IOE type tracking number.

Please clarify.

Now you are waiting for your Welcome Letter from NVC. So keep an eye on your email. Case Complete is what NVC use to call what DQ(Documentarily Qualified).

Once y9ou have paid the fees, completed DS-260 and uploaded all your documents then you are in Review. If all accepted then you are DQ'd and put in the Interview Queue where you will wait until NVC schedules your interview.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
6 hours ago, amerikelinka said:

Congratulations. Thanks for filling out the form I added you to the spreadsheet.

Now come on over to the new thread.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/747089-case-complete-dq-to-interview-october-2020/#comments

ROC I-751

N-400

On 9/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hello All,

Please clarify.

Hello :) we got approved a week ago as well. Just wondering when you said you got your welcome LETTER from NVC was that mail or email? And does that mean your case is at NVC  Already  :)? I was just wondering have you got your case number  already ? I’m just trying to figure out how long it will take for our case tog we to NVC during this time 

11 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Now you are waiting for your Welcome Letter from NVC. So keep an eye on your email. Case Complete is what NVC use to call what DQ(Documentarily Qualified).

Once y9ou have paid the fees, completed DS-260 and uploaded all your documents then you are in Review. If all accepted then you are DQ'd and put in the Interview Queue where you will wait until NVC schedules your interview.

Thanks ! Yes, we are now part of NVC now ...got Welcome Letter Email  on Sunday and immediately paid the Fees :) Working on the Documents part now. Good luck to all.

1 hour ago, Spencer_Kyle said:

Hello :) we got approved a week ago as well. Just wondering when you said you got your welcome LETTER from NVC was that mail or email? And does that mean your case is at NVC  Already  :)? I was just wondering have you got your case number  already ? I’m just trying to figure out how long it will take for our case tog we to NVC during this time 

Hello Spencer_Kyle,

We got an email within 2-3 days of I-130 approval. The Subject says "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation" and it came from 

National_Visa_Center@state.gov with good details. It also has login information for CEAC site for next steps. The e-mail is marked to Petitioner and Applicant. It will also be marked to your lawyer, if any.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive it in between a long weekend. 😍

We are now working on arranging Financial, Support and Civil documents. They ask so many things. Once the NVC approves all documents and feel comfortable, they will enable my hubby to get an appointment with US Embassy / Consulate in India. 

We are glad that The longest path of the journey - "USCIS wait period" is completed. Getting clearance from NVC , Getting approval in Interview and Finally Travelling to USA are smaller distances to cover now. Almost there. 😊

1 minute ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Hello Spencer_Kyle,

We got an email within 2-3 days of I-130 approval. The Subject says "Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation" and it came from 

National_Visa_Center@state.gov with good details. It also has login information for CEAC site for next steps. The e-mail is marked to Petitioner and Applicant. It will also be marked to your lawyer, if any.

It was a pleasant surprise to receive it in between a long weekend. 😍

We are now working on arranging Financial, Support and Civil documents. They ask so many things. Once the NVC approves all documents and feel comfortable, they will enable my hubby to get an appointment with US Embassy / Consulate in India. 

We are glad that The longest path of the journey - "USCIS wait period" is completed. Getting clearance from NVC , Getting approval in Interview and Finally Travelling to USA are smaller distances to cover now. Almost there. 😊

That’s so good!!! Congrats!!! :) did you guys send your file in? Or was it all electronic? We did a K1-Visa I-129 so that should be the same kinda time frame as yours :)? 

so just to understand you got the approval from USCIS and a few days later got an email from NVC? With a case number ? So they didn’t have to send it over and take ages? It was all electronic ? Sorry for the questions :) 

yes the long wait is nearly done!!! It took us 8 and half months for our NOA2!!! Haha 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.