Hunkydory97

Frustrated and defeated

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

You realize it’s helpful and beneficial to all if you fill out your timeline and/or provide info about this fiancés country? Just saying 

My timeline was filled out,

I was struggling on getting it to fully show? I think I have now. Sorry 

19 minutes ago, Hunkydory97 said:

My timeline was filled out,

I was struggling on getting it to fully show? I think I have now. Sorry 

If you are in the position to go live with your fiance - I would consider it.  You can leave the K1 in place and if you feel like getting married then withdraw it.  Having a withdrawn K1 isn't much of an impact other than listing in on the I-130.

We didn't do a K1 as decided we wanted to marry and be together wherever that was. We didn't want to do LDR any longer. Based on my job I could pretty much be anywhere.  We ended up living in Mexico so I didn't have to be far from my other business interests.  We were able to be together much more than if I was based in the Philippines and being in Mexico really helped us financially.  We kind of lucked into our timeline as we weren't really planning on going back to the US that fast.

Have a conversation, especially about finances, and do what works best for the two you.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

33 minutes ago, Hunkydory97 said:

My timeline is filled out. However, it does not show here but it is filled out. Now how I can get it to show that’s something I am figuring it out. 
thank you 

That was replied to @Trutta - it is hard to know what consulate / country they are referring to and are just rude making us guess the particulars of his/her situation.

You are all good!

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

36 minutes ago, Hunkydory97 said:

My timeline is filled out. However, it does not show here but it is filled out. Now how I can get it to show that’s something I am figuring it out. 
thank you 

We are not questioning you as yours is complete. Thank you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I am feeling the same way (as I know so many others are) with the K1s not being processed. The unknown of when there will be any light at the end of the tunnel makes it the most difficult.

We received our NOA2 in March and were more hopeful back then but as the months go by, I am looking into getting married in my fiance's county, Ireland. My thought is that we could marry there and live there and then apply for the spousal visa, knowing the process would take a while but at least we'd be together over there while waiting.

I would hope that doing this would only strengthen our spousal visa in the future & have no negative impact.

Wishing everyone the best and hoping we can all be with our loved ones soon.

1 hour ago, Hunkydory97 said:

thank you 

I actually saw that it was filled out, so as far as I could see you did right. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Algiers posted today that they are resuming the processing of all their backlogged immigrant visas including K1s. They will not take any new ones till the clear their backlog.  I'd recommend you stick it out a bit longer. 

Did you mean 'expired' when you said 'backlogged' or am I looking at wrong embassy?

Screenshot_20200820-080421_Chrome.jpg

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Hunkydory97 said:

They said due to how everything is going pandemic, government issues that k-1 are the least of their worries . They added onto that by saying I would be in a long wait to the point I left feeling defeated and stupid. 
being patient is key in this situation but, I’m wondering if it’s just best to let the ship sail and just go there for a few years. Although, I’m sure timing will just get slower and longer with everything. 

Why not file for the visa AND go to your fiance's country while waiting for the process? That way you're still getting some movement on the visa and you can see your partner too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
46 minutes ago, RainyJupiter said:

Why not file for the visa AND go to your fiance's country while waiting for the process? That way you're still getting some movement on the visa and you can see your partner too.

That is my plan do my final semester of college online while there. As I fear if I commit to the univ there for a year and by a miracle the k-1 gets approved we would lose that chance due to that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, Hunkydory97 said:

Hello everyone,

reading the forums I know I’m not alone in feeling frustrated on how K-1 are being handled. I’ve spoken to attorneys and I basically have been told by all of them a k-1 is a wrong choice. Have any of y’all decided to just ditch the k-1 and go to your fiancé country? As that’s what I’m considering doing but, if I do that would it impact  us in the future if we obviously went the spousal route years later.

I talked to and met with two immigration attorneys before I started my process and neither one knew their ### from a hole in the ground. I would take their projection of doom with a grain of salt. I would like to think that we all know what we're up against at this point without needing a lawyer to tell us.

We went with the K-1 and the last thing I'd want to hear is some lawyer telling me what a mistake it was, while scratching a check for the pleasure. It seems like they are giving opinion based advice on a subject with no reference, and it doesn't sound like good advice to me.

As much as it sucks, and believe me I'm not happy, all we can do is wait and hope that things get moving as soon as possible. 

Our NOA2 expired last month by the way. I called the NVC and they said it would be automatically reinstated and I don't need to do anything else at this point. We'll see if this holds true.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.