Camille Gaudier

What's the next step?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day guys! I just want to know is it normal that it's been almost more than 2months and we haven't received anything yet from USCIS regarding our K1-Visa application? We sent out our application last May 30, 2020 and My Fiance's cheque got cleared already.

Edited by Camille Gaudier

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

I haven't received anything not even any updates regarding our process.

You need to reach out to them today. Typically at 30 days you should have reached out. You want to clarify that they have your address correct, let them know you haven't received any correspondence and ask for your case number. 

Something I did when we started the immigration process was to sign up for informed delivery; it shows you the letters you will be receiving in the mail that day and it was nice to know in the AM what we would be receiving that way if it was something from immigration I'd make sure to check the mailbox ASAP . You may want to look into it for future https://informeddelivery.usps.com

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The fact that they have cashed the check means the petition was accepted......but your fiance needs to contact them to get the NOA1 and to verify his/her address.  Other than that, the next time you hear from USCIS will be either an approval, an RFE, or (unlikely), a denial.....

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Thank you. I will be informing my Fiance regarding this. We're both just doing this process on our own and we haven't got any idea besides the one that we read in the US Fiance Visa application website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 8:49 AM, Babu Frik said:

Are you saying you haven't received NOA1, or you expected to hear something regarding approval?

based on her timeline, it looks like she received her NOA1 on June 15, 2020. I think she's waiting for her NOA2. :) As for me, it took about 4 months to get my NOA2. I hope this helps you to feel a little better! @Camille Gaudier

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

O if that's the case 2 months is nothing, might want to read up on more of the process to see what's expected, not to mention embassies have told people they're not processing K1 visas right now, although that shouldn't affect general USCIS processing.

*~*~*moved from “process and procedures” to “progress reports*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

NOA1 is an email? or a package? I'm still confused. My fiance called them and they gave him the receipt number and told him that it'll take 5-7months.

Timeline

I am terribly confused. Like, what am I really waiting for here? is it an email? a package? a call? can someone please enlighten me.

They just gave a receipt number. So this is not NOA1???????????????????

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Camille Gaudier said:

I am terribly confused. Like, what am I really waiting for here? is it an email? a package? a call? can someone please enlighten me.

Yes, that is your NOA1. The receipt number is all you need for now. It will be a letter. If you completed the G-1145 (E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance), then you will probably (though not always) get a text message as well.

OP, sounds like you will want to do some reading and research about the entire process, and become familiar with the terms used and waiting times for each step.

3 hours ago, Camille Gaudier said:

I'll help you if you will help us with an update to your personal profile by adding your country. Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open for you.

Thanks

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of the conversation. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will better prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Join the rest of the NOA1 applicants and be a part of the conversation with regards to what others are experiencing. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/740043-june-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/#comments

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.