Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Just now, HRQX said:

Are you still waiting for EAD?

Yes... My I-765 was rejected by USCIS but they took like 3 months to reject it, so I re-sent it in November, and they acknowledged the receipt only in January. I honestly think that I'll get my green card before EAD (I'm EB2 so interview could be waived)

41 minutes ago, werrerr said:

so I re-sent it in November, and they acknowledged the receipt only in January. I honestly think that I'll get my green card before EAD

At worst it'll just mean a gap in employment authorization. After the I-94 expires you are still in period of stay authorized by the Secretary of Homeland Security because of the pending I-485.

4 hours ago, HRQX said:

At worst it'll just mean a gap in employment authorization. After the I-94 expires you are still in period of stay authorized by the Secretary of Homeland Security because of the pending I-485.

Hah your comment made me more nervous since I'm pretty much in the US for my job... I ended up contacting the HR in my job, and they'll look into other solutions just in case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I am one more of the unlucky ones that haven't even received a biometrics appointment letter yet. It's very frustrating.

But all we can do is keep waiting and hoping for the best...

9 hours ago, werrerr said:

Do y'all think that we'll have our green cards before August? That's when my H1B expires, and I'm trying to decide if I need a contingency plan...

One would think so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Today is our aos interview! Sooo nervous.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

*fingers crossed*  💜💜

How's the interview? I hope it goes well. Congratulations 👏

Timeline
On 2/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, PXandu said:

Applied at the end of August.

NOA1 in September.

RFIE for I-944 & I-864 on November 25.

Biometrics appointment sent in Dec for Jan 19. Canceled because of inauguration.

Response to RFIE sent on January 6.

Biometrics appointment rescheduled for Feb 9.

Second RFE received on Feb 1 for supporting documentation on I-944.

Submitted response to second RFE in February. 

Did biometrics on Feb 9.

EAD & AP approved on March 2.

Also got an additional letter, (on pink paper, which is usually RFE), reminding about the I-693 deficiency.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, Snails said:

I am one more of the unlucky ones that haven't even received a biometrics appointment letter yet. It's very frustrating.

But all we can do is keep waiting and hoping for the best...

We have the same ASC and we're still waiting on a bio appointment as well. PD 8/06/2020

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Finally got my combo card today! It was flagged as lost by USPS last week but somehow they managed to find it! 😅 

I-130

12/13/19 - Married in the US to US Citizen
01/26/20 - Submitted I-130 online application
01/26/20 - Received date / Receipt notice date / Priority date
05/26/20 - Approval notice date

AOS

08/06/20 - AOS (I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox through UPS
08/10/20 - USCIS received AOS documents signed by Harris

08/26/20 - Check cashed by USCIS

08/30/20 - Received text messages with receipt numbers for I-485, I-765 & I-131

09/03/20 - Received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 & I-131

10/05/20 - Received RFIE for missing I-944

10/06/20RFIE response sent to USCIS Lee's Summit's office through UPS
10/09/20 - USCIS received RFIE response
01/23/21 - Received Biometrics appointment notice

02/11/21 - Biometrics appointment (Code 3)

02/12/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" (I-765)

02/17/21 - Status changed to "Case Was Approved" (I-765 & I-131)
02/22/21 - Status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" (I-485)

02/25/21 - Received combo card in the mail (Flagged as lost by USPS)

03/03/21 - Received combo card in the mail
08/16/21 - Status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled" (for Sep 14)
08/25/21 - Interview was cancelled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, mbssss said:

The senator got back to me today and they have scheduled my biometrics for March 29th. So relieved that I was finally scheduled!!

If anyone is still waiting, try contacting your senator like I did. It worked for me!

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing! I just emailed our Senator =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.