Sarge2155

August 2020 - AOS Filers

2,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
Just now, Carolina G said:

What’s your bio date?

01/05, PD 09/28.

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Guys I am worried. My AOS said fingerprints were taken but obviously now says they received my RFIE. However my EAD never changed to finger prints taken even though I did get the correct code. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Did your biometrics notice say that the appointment was pertaining to the I-485 as well as the I-765? If so, I suppose you can contact USCIS. Either way if your biometrics appointment was for both, I highly doubt that anything is going wrong besides your case status neglecting to update.

Edited by mogiftney

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

52 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Did your biometrics notice say that the appointment was pertaining to the I-485 as well as the I-765? If so, I suppose you can contact USCIS. Either way if your biometrics appointment was for both, I highly doubt that anything is going wrong besides your case status neglecting to update.

Yeah I contacted them and they said that it was applied to both. So just the waiting game I suppose.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Yeah I contacted them and they said that it was applied to both. So just the waiting game I suppose.

That’s great to hear. Now you can rest! Just kidding, we are never allowed to rest. 

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our case was updated to fingerprint fee received August 2020 for AOS - nothing since then! No RFE, No biometrics...nothing! We called or chatted every month since November, opened a service request each time we've called and still no movement;  we live in the DC area. Anyone else in the same boat? or did you arrive on a K1 visa and didn't need to go through the whole biometrics stuff?

17 hours ago, mogiftney said:

If you can’t obtain a letter from the people who offered his course, he can write a signed and dated letter explaining the situation as you just have. Whatever feels right. If it makes you feel better include the name of the place and the google review showing it’s closed.

Same thing applies to insurance explanation. Whatever feels right, sign and date and make sure letter is legible. 

If there was a format to follow I think we’d know about it, I’m basing this off of the instructions for occupational skills. The language section says nothing about what to do if class info cannot be obtained. 

Did he not get or hold onto a certificate or receipt or anything to document that he took the course?

No. I even reached out to a few old volunteer instructors (old emails I found on google) and all of their emails were deleted.  I guess I will ask my dad to write a letter and do what you mentioned. Thank you very much!

So, I checked my status today and my EAD updated to finger prints were taken yesterday. What a coincidence the day I contacted them to check. Oh well, maybe that means the ball will finally start rolling. I am going to do to same for my daughter today and see what happens. Frustrating but at least it's done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

So, I checked my status today and my EAD updated to finger prints were taken yesterday. What a coincidence the day I contacted them to check. Oh well, maybe that means the ball will finally start rolling. I am going to do to same for my daughter today and see what happens. Frustrating but at least it's done!

I'm sure you'll have more progress on your cases soon! *Fingers crossed*

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cilllah said:

Happy for you cilllah!

39 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

I'm sure you'll have more progress on your cases soon! *Fingers crossed*

30 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Happy for you cilllah!

Thanks! I am just hoping I haven't wasted time by not checking in sooner. Probably not. Or at least telling myself that makes me feel better!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cilllah said:

Thanks! I am just hoping I haven't wasted time by not checking in sooner. Probably not. Or at least telling myself that makes me feel better!

It’s most likely a coincidence that it updated after you called. Either way, they said that they received the biometrics when you called before it updated. The processing of your case isn’t dependent on what your online case status says when it’s glitched. If they received the biometrics and were able to find that info when you called, there’s no reason here why they wouldn’t have been working on it. 

Timeline

Update: we sent off our response to the RFIE that had requested only the I-944 with supporting documents today, 01/16/2021 via FedEx with tracking. I will update everybody when necessary.

Edited by mogiftney

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
4 hours ago, mogiftney said:

Update: we sent off our response to the RFIE that had requested only the I-944 with supporting documents today, 01/16/2021 via FedEx with tracking. I will update everybody when necessary.

i did not, still hesitating about some stuff 🤣 you still sent it off without non-filing letter? I will decide next Mon on that stuff :))

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jimmy Lee said:

i did not, still hesitating about some stuff 🤣 you still sent it off without non-filing letter? I will decide next Mon on that stuff :))

Yeah we didn’t send a non filing letter, it never asked for one. If they want it they can request it. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:32 PM, Super Heros said:

Our case was updated to fingerprint fee received August 2020 for AOS - nothing since then! No RFE, No biometrics...nothing! We called or chatted every month since November, opened a service request each time we've called and still no movement;  we live in the DC area. Anyone else in the same boat? or did you arrive on a K1 visa and didn't need to go through the whole biometrics stuff?

Still waiting as well. Husband arrived on K1 Visa. Filed AOS/EAD.. Case received 8/20. No biometrics appt yet. NBC is processing our case. ASC located in Newark, NJ.

Did anyone receive bio appt notice via text or email? Concerned our notice may have gotten lost in the mail??

Edited by Mattallie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.