theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Dzfiction said:

Hhhhh I’m sorry I meant August 

Haha it's been a doozy of a year. Quarantine/lock-down is just one messy haze I'm still coming out of. 😂

Filed: Country:
Timeline
9 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Woohoo! We're timeline buddies. Got my letter yesterday too!!! Now to see if they'll need biometrics.

Back in 2017-2018, I read somewhere that biometrics are valid for 2 years? Is this still true? I saw some people from earlier this year get notified months after filing that they need to do biometrics. How do they decide that??

I honestly have no idea. I thought the bio was only good for 15months. I noticed some earlier filers had their previous bio applied, I'm thinking it may be due to the covid19 situation or very well be the fact that the previous bio falls within that 2yr period but this is just me taking a wild guess. I did my bio in Feb of 2018. I'm hoping they use the previous one even tho we paid for it 😆 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife's application was delivered to the Texas lockbox by FedEx on 8/4.  Still waiting for a text, check hasn't been cashed, and no NOA.

Are those of you who are getting texts, checks cashed, and NOAs in just days sending it to the Arizona lockbox?

Wondering if one lockbox is much faster than the other.  By now, I should be accustomed to waiting, but I definitely am not! - Jason

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, JasonGG said:

My wife's application was delivered to the Texas lockbox by FedEx on 8/4.  Still waiting for a text, check hasn't been cashed, and no NOA.

Are those of you who are getting texts, checks cashed, and NOAs in just days sending it to the Arizona lockbox?

Wondering if one lockbox is much faster than the other.  By now, I should be accustomed to waiting, but I definitely am not! - Jason

Yes, Arizona for us. 

19 hours ago, JasonGG said:

Yes mine was AZ too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

since in my case... we are living with our parents (rent free)... do I have to send anything else along with the letter from parents? like utility bill under their name or a copy of their IDs? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm filing this month and I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone good luck. I have a question about taxes that's making me very nervous:

My husband and I don't work and haven't worked for the past three years (we went back to college together), and so therefore we don't file taxes. This year, we decided to file for 2019 jointly because we got state health insurance which required us to sign up as married. We also did this in order to show evidence that we are married and therefore deserving of the specific health insurance discount we got just in case ("covered california" for those who know it), and also, we just didn't mind filing (it took us a couple of minutes since we dont work) and we figured it would be good evidence for uscis.

Anyways, after filing, we received a non-filer verification letter (which doesnt show marital status anyway so we realized what we actually needed was the "account transcript" which we ordered by mail and will probably also say non-filer as well but at least show marital status). 

My question is, should we explain any of this to uscis? or should we just include this account transcript with nothing else (nothing for the previous years) and no explanation?... Or should we not include anything tax related and explain why we dont file? 

This tax stuff is really confusing so I'm sorry I didnt explain it well enough... Basically we have evidence that we filed together for last year but... does it really matter since we dont work? Ughhhhhhh help haha. 

Thank you for reading this much!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Vickrd said:

Hey everyone! I'm filing this month and I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone good luck. I have a question about taxes that's making me very nervous:

My husband and I don't work and haven't worked for the past three years (we went back to college together), and so therefore we don't file taxes. This year, we decided to file for 2019 jointly because we got state health insurance which required us to sign up as married. We also did this in order to show evidence that we are married and therefore deserving of the specific health insurance discount we got just in case ("covered california" for those who know it), and also, we just didn't mind filing (it took us a couple of minutes since we dont work) and we figured it would be good evidence for uscis.

Anyways, after filing, we received a non-filer verification letter (which doesnt show marital status anyway so we realized what we actually needed was the "account transcript" which we ordered by mail and will probably also say non-filer as well but at least show marital status). 

My question is, should we explain any of this to uscis? or should we just include this account transcript with nothing else (nothing for the previous years) and no explanation?... Or should we not include anything tax related and explain why we dont file? 

This tax stuff is really confusing so I'm sorry I didnt explain it well enough... Basically we have evidence that we filed together for last year but... does it really matter since we dont work? Ughhhhhhh help haha. 

Thank you for reading this much!!

I would go ahead and file taxes for the last three years.....just because you don't have to file doesn't mean you can't file.....

Timeline
On 8/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, JasonGG said:

Arizona for me.....mailed via FedEx on August 7th....arrived on the 10th.....haven't received anything yet....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
48 minutes ago, janet3 said:

I would go ahead and file taxes for the last three years.....just because you don't have to file doesn't mean you can't file.....

Thank you for replying! And wow I had no idea you could file taxes for previous years, I never even thought about that. It’s weird though because I’ve only had a social security number this past year or so...I’m not sure how that would work out when trying to file jointly for previous years. 

I’ll definitely look into filing for previous years tho, thank you for opening my mind to that, I appreciate it 

Timeline
11 hours ago, janet3 said:

Arizona for me.....mailed via FedEx on August 7th....arrived on the 10th.....haven't received anything yet....

Received the text and receipt number a few hours after posting this....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, JasonGG said:

I sent mine to the Texas PO Box via USPS. Received a week ago. Still waiting myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.