26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

As of today my congressman emailed me that my email was forwarded to the US embassy and department of state consular affairs,  why was it forwarded to DOS consular affairs not only the embassy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When anyone makes a request to Congressman for visa inquiry,  the Senator/ Representative sends the info to DOS (as immigration  is under Homeland Security under DOS) to get the info asked for thru a I 730 form with copy of the release form you signed allowing him/her to do this.

I found this out when i made a request in 2012 and then googled my name and my husband's name

The DOS are really the ones in charge as this part of USCIS explains the following 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2013/July 2013/I730-Case-Inquiry-Contact.pdf

FORM I-730 CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRIES In order to obtain the quickest response to your inquiry, it is helpful to know where your case is in the Form I-730 process – whether it is being adjudicated at a Service Center or has already been approved and transferred via the Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC) to an overseas location for continued processing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

why was it forwarded to DOS consular affairs not only the embassy?

The embassy/consulate is under the Department of State (DOS)......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

The embassy/consulate is under the Department of State (DOS)......

Yes but every time they forward my email to just US embassy,  US embassy has been replying the same answer 

Timeline
6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

When anyone makes a request to Congressman for visa inquiry,  the Senator/ Representative sends the info to DOS (as immigration  is under Homeland Security under DOS) to get the info asked for thru a I 730 form with copy of the release form you signed allowing him/her to do this.

I found this out when i made a request in 2012 and then googled my name and my husband's name

The DOS are really the ones in charge as this part of USCIS explains the following 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes from Previous Engagements/2013/July 2013/I730-Case-Inquiry-Contact.pdf

FORM I-730 CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRIES In order to obtain the quickest response to your inquiry, it is helpful to know where your case is in the Form I-730 process – whether it is being adjudicated at a Service Center or has already been approved and transferred via the Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC) to an overseas location for continued processing.

uhaaa , my question is that do they mean by  US DOS consular affairs the NVC ? , BECAUSE NVC HAS ALREADY SENT TO THE EMBASSY SINCE MARCH 

11 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

uhaaa , my question is that do they mean by  US DOS consular affairs the NVC ? , BECAUSE NVC HAS ALREADY SENT TO THE EMBASSY SINCE MARCH 

congressmen dont have control over embassy. They can ask NVC to send the documents. Its not like Congress can make a call to the embassy and the embassy will bend over backwards on your case. Its just not that way it works 

duh

12 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

No, it is not the same thing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
59 minutes ago, James120383 said:

congressmen dont have control over embassy. They can ask NVC to send the documents. Its not like Congress can make a call to the embassy and the embassy will bend over backwards on your case. Its just not that way it works 

My fiancé’s congresswoman actually contacted the consul of my embassy and she got a quick response from him. 

51 minutes ago, Obada.elamin said:

Yeah i know that,  my thing that I'm confused between consular affairs and NVC

If you know that why did you ask it?

NVC just does visa processing. Consular Affairs is much broader and encompasses a whole range of things related to consulates and embassies, as well as USC services. The cc to CA was probably some kind of courtesy or admin requirement. You don’t need to overthink any of this. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

If you know that why did you ask it?

NVC just does visa processing. Consular Affairs is much broader and encompasses a whole range of things related to consulates and embassies, as well as USC services. The cc to CA was probably some kind of courtesy or admin requirement. You don’t need to overthink any of this. 

Thanks for explaining 

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Also, is this for a spouse visa? Unless there is an exception involved there’s not much anyone can do about an F2A case until at least January. 

f2a and am aging out 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kittens&Pickle said:

My fiancé’s congresswoman actually contacted the consul of my embassy and she got a quick response from him. 

The congressman and i , we have been trying to email the embassy many times ، automatic response although i have a reason for expedite request due to me aging out 

22 minutes ago, Obada.elamin said:

Thanks for explaining 

f2a and am aging out 

Are you not protected by CSPA? If you were under 21 on the CSPA calculation when a visa became available (priority date was current or I130 approval, whichever was later) and you submitted a DS260 within one year of that date, then your age is locked as of the date of visa availability and you can no longer age out regardless when the actual visa eventually gets issued. So I don’t think you qualify for an exception. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.