62 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband received an email after being in AP for 1 years for coming in for oath and fingerprints and embassy is also requesting new medical. Anyone else go through something similar? Any idea as to how long the process takes until you get visa? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

My husband received an email after being in AP for 1 years for coming in for oath and fingerprints and embassy is also requesting new medical. Anyone else go through something similar? Any idea as to how long the process takes until you get visa? 

Wow that’s awesome! Congrats, I hope

he comes here safe and sound. I get so happy when I hear news like this. My fiancé has been in administrative processing for the past 16 months. He lives in Germany and his interview was in the Frankfurt embassy. The whole process is so draining and exhausting. 
anyway really happy for you. I hope he can get here as soon as possible and you guys reunite. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rose2019 said:

Wow that’s awesome! Congrats, I hope

he comes here safe and sound. I get so happy when I hear news like this. My fiancé has been in administrative processing for the past 16 months. He lives in Germany and his interview was in the Frankfurt embassy. The whole process is so draining and exhausting. 
anyway really happy for you. I hope he can get here as soon as possible and you guys reunite. 

THANK YOU! my husband was in AP for a total of 15 months, it has been the most draining experience ever the tears, the joy, the fights like you name is we’ve been there! I truly wish everyone who is stuck in AP and away from their love ones gets reunited! I’m so grateful that finally maybe our time has come but then again it’s like I’m scared to get my hopes up. I don’t wish all this chaos on anyone! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
35 minutes ago, F&S2018 said:

THANK YOU! my husband was in AP for a total of 15 months, it has been the most draining experience ever the tears, the joy, the fights like you name is we’ve been there! I truly wish everyone who is stuck in AP and away from their love ones gets reunited! I’m so grateful that finally maybe our time has come but then again it’s like I’m scared to get my hopes up. I don’t wish all this chaos on anyone! 

Yes trust me I can totally relate and understand. My fiancé has been in administrative processing for 16 months almost going on 17 now. And every time I email the embassy they tell me the same thing that it’s under administrative processing. And whenever I email them now, they are telling me they can’t tell me anything due to the covid-19. I thought I would hear something by now but this whole corona virus mess has made things worse. So now more waiting... 

the worst part of all of this is that we have a 15 month old son who is apart from his father :( 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Falak said:

Is islamabad embassy is open, my mother case is almost 9 months in Ap. And what type of oath they are going to take at embassy? 

My husband’s case has been in AP for a year and 3 months. We got email for oath and fingerprints and are told to bring a new medical. 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:50 PM, syed88 said:

Is Islamabad embassy open?

They are open, I think working on family/spouses cases. I’ve heard they’ve been clearing out a lot of older cases. 

Timeline
On 7/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Rose2019 said:

Yes trust me I can totally relate and understand. My fiancé has been in administrative processing for 16 months almost going on 17 now. And every time I email the embassy they tell me the same thing that it’s under administrative processing. And whenever I email them now, they are telling me they can’t tell me anything due to the covid-19. I thought I would hear something by now but this whole corona virus mess has made things worse. So now more waiting... 

the worst part of all of this is that we have a 15 month old son who is apart from his father :( 

Everything closed down due to Covid and it only made the process more slow! Which absolutely sucks and I’m so sorry to hear that! No parent or partner should be away from each other especially for so long I think it’s just cruel 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

My husband’s case has been in AP for a year and 3 months. We got email for oath and fingerprints and are told to bring a new medical. 

They are open, I think working on family/spouses cases. I’ve heard they’ve been clearing out a lot of older cases. 

This is wonderful news. Hope you get to be with your husband soon. 

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Timeline
14 hours ago, Falak said:

If you don't mind can you please share, did they provide you specific date and time to come to embassy?  because every time i email them they replied that they are closed due to coronavirus. Have you done anything to speed up your process while your case was under AP. Please advice . 

Yes he has to go next week in the morning 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, F&S2018 said:

What's the source of this news that embassy is open and working on spouse visas... like IDK, I am getting really frustrated with this WAITING news.... My brother in law was issued his K1 visa in 8 months back in 2017! 😕 But, now... this spouse visa is TAKING SO MUCH TIME.

Edited by Lexushim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.