Fjjfdd jjggf

Any news or info when the US Embassy in Moscow will resume visa interviews?

85 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

It is actually so strange, that you guys received the RFE, even having the children of yours... 🙁

The children are hers.   I just accept them fully as mine.

Hey Dearest Russian Friends!

My name is Daria Parkinson, I am a CR-1 spousal immigrant visa applicant from Moscow, Russian Federation. 

Regarding the United States Embassy in Moscow. Please write here any news and information, if you tend to have any.

Probably, as most of you might’ve noticed, their website is quite useless, as there is absolutely no info concerning the resuming of visa services. 

The CR-1/IR-1 visa category is now considered as “Mission Critical”, therefore, I am assuming, that those of us applied for that category, must hear some news from them soon.

I am a little bit frustrated right now, because in many countries the US Embassies/Consulates began to resume their services and issue the interview dates to people, but Moscow is, as usual, silent, and just ignores everyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Surely there's no need to start a new thread about Moscow every single day?

Might you try the Russia sub-forum? Or just continue the conversation about Moscow in the numerous other threads that have been created?

5 minutes ago, arae said:

Surely there's no need to start a new thread about Moscow every single day?

Might you try the Russia sub-forum? Or just continue the conversation about Moscow in the numerous other threads that have been created?

I hope you will be able to forgive me someday.

But:

1. I am not creating new threads about Moscow every single day.

2. I could not find the Russia sub-forum on this website ever.

3. Send me the link specifically and I will not irritate you any longer. :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I hope you will be able to forgive me someday.

But:

1. I am not creating new threads about Moscow every single day.

2. I could not find the Russia sub-forum on this website ever.

3. Send me the link specifically and I will not irritate you any longer. :) 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/ 

Please only post about a subject once. Thank you.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

multiple topic merged into one thread

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 7/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, Daria Parkinson said:

Moscow is silent. No information at all.

What about CR-1/IR-1 visas which are considered now as mission critical???

Please share any news you have.

Hi,

Can you share where the DOS has stated that spouse visas (CR1/IR1) are mission critical?  I know a few specific embassies have declared the spouse visa as mission critical, but I haven't seen it being declared generally mission critical by the Dept of State.

14 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Can you share where the DOS has stated that spouse visas (CR1/IR1) are mission critical?  I know a few specific embassies have declared the spouse visa as mission critical, but I haven't seen it being declared generally mission critical by the Dept of State.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

Key points:

Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out.  While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources.  In addition, an applicant’s ability to travel may be impacted by local laws, regulations, and travel restrictions

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally got a CEAC update! Our case moved from "Your search did not return any data" to "READY". It was supposed to be there early April so maybe FINALLY things are starting to move?

READY.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, dkristof87 said:

Finally got a CEAC update! Our case moved from "Your search did not return any data" to "READY". It was supposed to be there early April so maybe FINALLY things are starting to move?

READY.jpg

That's great news! Congrats and thanks for letting us know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.