Fjjfdd jjggf

Any news or info when the US Embassy in Moscow will resume visa interviews?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, dkristof87 said:

Finally got a CEAC update! Our case moved from "Your search did not return any data" to "READY". It was supposed to be there early April so maybe FINALLY things are starting to move?

READY.jpg

Let us know if you are able to schedule an interview!! 😀 Congrats!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Niia said:

Moscow embassy approved our expedite request. Does anyone know if they are doing interviews for expedited petitions? Or are they not doing any at all? 

I don't know about expedited petitions but there is statistics about issued visas. Soon they will publish information for July.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

3 minutes ago, zolotinka said:

I don't know about expedited petitions but there is statistics about issued visas. Soon they will publish information for July.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Thank you! I wonder how they issued that one CR1 in June  

5 hours ago, jenniferzlepko23 said:

May I ask your reason for expedite ?

We were stuck at USCIS for almost 18 months. Think there was some error on their end. So asked to expedite the next step because we had already been waiting super long and they approved; I didn’t think they would.  

Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 2:08 AM, Niia said:

Moscow embassy approved our expedite request. Does anyone know if they are doing interviews for expedited petitions? Or are they not doing any at all? 

Just curious, is your case already at the embassy?  Have you tried to request an interview?  

Filed: IR-2 Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 3:49 AM, dkristof87 said:

Finally got a CEAC update! Our case moved from "Your search did not return any data" to "READY". It was supposed to be there early April so maybe FINALLY things are starting to move?

READY.jpg

Very interesting, You’ve got K-1 Visa and they approved it!

congratulations! Hope this journey will end for y’all soon 

On 7/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, Fjjfdd jjggf said:

Does anyone have any information about the Moscow US Consulate specifically???

Hello! I've just seen that the petition you created was signed by more than 100 people. Do you know what happens next? Is it sent to the Moscow embassy? Have you heard anything from them recently?

On 8/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, Amerussian said:

Just curious, is your case already at the embassy?  Have you tried to request an interview?  

I am not sure... they haven’t contacted me yet. But I called the US travel docs people, it says they are supposedly customer service for the embassy. And they said the embassy is closed but they do processed expedited cases so just waiting. 

Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 4:26 AM, Niia said:

Thank you! I wonder how they issued that one CR1 in June  

I found out from someone here on VJ via WhatsApp that the visa issued in June was for a cancer doctor and they filed for an expedite. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, Niia said:

Does everyone have this same status on ustraveldocs under visa information? I don’t understand the meaning of it... Russia NVC scheduled appointment, but I don’t have an appointment scheduled 

34E9DBFF-28F9-47B5-87D8-DAB9CAF98D28.jpeg

Yeah, I think that's because for spousal visas you set this up just for the passport delivery, and it's assumed that your interview was already scheduled by NVC. I set mine up out of curiosity, and it shows the same thing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline

Latest update from US Embassy in Moscow: 

Dear Applicants,

Starting December 11, the United States Consulates General in Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok will begin to conduct a limited number of interviews for nonimmigrant visas on a smaller scale than before. The United States Embassy in Moscow will continue to conduct interviews for immigrant, DV and nonimmigrant visas. However, we cannot continue to provide our services at the same level as before the reduction of the staff of the United States Embassies and Consulates by the Russian Federation by 60%. Fewer people will inevitably lead to fewer staff providing visa services.

Due to staff reductions, we were forced to cancel and reassign interviews for nonimmigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visa applicants whose interviews have been canceled may follow the link or call the number below to re-schedule the interview at a later date at the United States Embassy in Moscow or Consulates General in Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok.

To reschedule your nonimmigrant visa interviews and other questions, please contact the following phone numbers: +7 (495) 745 3388 or 8 800 100 2554 (International Toll Free).

https://ru.usembassy.gov/ru/visas-ru/

At least we have a date now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.