Fjjfdd jjggf

Any news or info when the US Embassy in Moscow will resume visa interviews?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I did not send any requests for the expedite yet...

Well that would be your first step. The sooner you do that the sooner youll have your answer. Each embassy is handling these cases differently

"While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources."

Keep checking the embassy's website for updates. It's faster than asking for updates and is an official source, too. :)

https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

26 minutes ago, geowrian said:

"While embassies and consulates may process these types of cases, their ability to do so may be limited by local government restrictions and available resources."

Keep checking the embassy's website for updates. It's faster than asking for updates and is an official source, too. :)

https://ru.usembassy.gov/visas/

I don’t like their website, to be honest. It’s very unclear. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I, too, am interested in the Moscow Embassy resuming visa services, K-1 in my case. When I called them about 2 weeks ago, they indicated that they didn't even internally discuss the reopening date. They mentioned Russia being #3 in the world in COVID infections etc, so I didn't get absolutely anything good out of them at that time. 

Bottom line is, their site is fairly useless, so a direct call might be better. 

7 minutes ago, Asterix78 said:

I, too, am interested in the Moscow Embassy resuming visa services, K-1 in my case. When I called them about 2 weeks ago, they indicated that they didn't even internally discuss the reopening date. They mentioned Russia being #3 in the world in COVID infections etc, so I didn't get absolutely anything good out of them at that time. 

Bottom line is, their site is fairly useless, so a direct call might be better. 

Very agreed about the website. It’s absolutely useless and unclear. I’ve tried to call several times, but each time they did not even pick up my call. I’ve tried to email them today, but I’m honestly not expecting any response. 
The situation in Russia regarding corona now is getting pretty good and stable, and since from July 15th Consulates worldwide begin to reopen, Russia must start doing this too.

At least, conducting interviews for the “mission critical” category of immigrant visas.

2 hours ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Also, I sincerely do not think, that my question somehow connects to the “timeline“ of my immigration process.

Without your timeline, no one knows whether your particular visa is deemed 'mission critical.'

1 hour ago, Daria Parkinson said:

F-1 is a student visa. It’s not considered as “mission critical”.

They won't expedite simply because it is a spousal visa.  There are still specific criteria for an expedite.  If it was entirely based on it being a spousal visa, all the other spousal visas in line before yours would be processed first.

I am also very interested in this.  Also as my wife and daughters are currently in Moscow.  of course I need the USCIS to open their mail and accept our RFE's. and hopefully approve soon.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, Jorgedig said:

They won't expedite simply because it is a spousal visa.  There are still specific criteria for an expedite.  If it was entirely based on it being a spousal visa, all the other spousal visas in line before yours would be processed first.

You can write a heartfelt touching letter to the NVC, after which they might expedite your interview. :) 

On 7/14/2020 at 1:48 AM, Wcalmt1 said:

I am also very interested in this.  Also as my wife and daughters are currently in Moscow.  of course I need the USCIS to open their mail and accept our RFE's. and hopefully approve soon.

It is actually so strange, that you guys received the RFE, even having the children of yours... 🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.