millefleur

Online N-400 Filers: be sure to use Internet Explorer!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd been encountered error in retriving the drafts in Chrome, Micro edge and even Internet explorer. Even call to USCIS but end up with voicemail. It would be best to do mail instead of online because I dont trust the site download anymore. Losing hope :(

2er4er

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

FYI:  I used Chrome on my windows 10 PC today to fill N-400, upload docs, I see the docs in the review section, and submitted.  Post submission, my USCIS online account shows the docs. No issues encountered.

Timeline

Indeed! I used IE and still got the error encountered been tried many times. Called them but no answered so I said f* that I'll just send it and they will asked docs if they want more evidence.  So I did! 5 days after I got my receipt notification and notification that they gonna use my old biometric. 🙏 Thanks God

2er4er

Quick one guys, I will filling N400 in June and I intend to file online and not paper . How did you make payment with credit card ? Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

If it fails the first time, it's likely because your bank denied the transaction. Then call up your bank, let them know there is a transaction coming as you reattempt, and then try a 2nd time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If this any help at all to anyone out there who is using a Mac or other iOS device to submit n400 online, I was not able to do it smoothly with Chrome nor Safari (attachments kept going missing) but I downloaded Opera browser, and it worked perfectly. 

3 hours ago, J/G said:

If this any help at all to anyone out there who is using a Mac or other iOS device to submit n400 online, I was not able to do it smoothly with Chrome nor Safari (attachments kept going missing) but I downloaded Opera browser, and it worked perfectly. 

It’s so bizarre how inconsistent it all seems. I used chrome on a MacBook for 3 n400 applications (myself and family members) and had no problems at all. 

Timeline

I used Chrome and FireFox it didn't go through as well and I followed advice here to used IE (Internet Explorer) then still encountered documents evidence errors. Been stressed out over a month finding ways on how to submit it online because they said it much faster than mailing.  So, I decided to submit it in ER (crossfinger) and upload all my evidences (still evidence error encountered) Well, they gonna ask if they need more evidence anyways. But 3 Days after I submitted my file. I received notice receipt and following days I received mail again notice of using my old biometric from USCIS and its processing my case. 

2er4er

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I encountered the problem  of documents not uploading on my Mac . I see Chrome, IE, , Edge and Firefox , but still encountering the same problem. Eventually , I used Safari and it worked perfectly 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 7/14/2020 at 11:45 PM, millefleur said:

There have been a lot of issues reported lately with attachments and files not loading or saving when filing the N-400 online. Although the official instructions say that the online form works in most browsers, it works best in Internet Explorer.

If you have issues uploading or saving attachments/files, try again with Internet Explorer. For best results, consider filling out the entire form using IE. Sometimes other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox do work, but Internet Explorer is the one that will never fail.

If you fill out your N-400 online and realize your attachments did not save, re-upload them later to the Documents > Unsolicited Information > Upload Documents section. Make sure all of your uploads are visible under the Documents tab.

I uploaded without a problem many documents using Firefox. I double checked my online application for mistakes. The next day I downloaded additional documents then I checked again my application N-400, to my surprise many of the "X" marks answered were missing and now there are unanswered questions. The form N-400 can not be edited or deleted. Mistakes have to be corrected at the interview. 

On 9/17/2021 at 4:26 PM, Sagior said:

I uploaded without a problem many documents using Firefox. I double checked my online application for mistakes. The next day I downloaded additional documents then I checked again my application N-400, to my surprise many of the "X" marks answered were missing and now there are unanswered questions. The form N-400 can not be edited or deleted. Mistakes have to be corrected at the interview. 

You’ll probably find the version you are seeing is corrupted or something and the interviewer has the correct version. That’s what happened to me and I have heard of it happening to other people. Fields that looked as if they had been left blank on my copy were fine on the interviewer’s.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.