Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Stay positive

My hubby docs got DQ May 14 so your right around the corner. I got his interview date email last night at around 11:20pm and his interview is August 24. You’ll get your date pretty soon just keep checking your email 😁

I STALK my email!!!! Lol 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When I wake in the middle of the night checking my email with sleep in my eye and barely squinting and I see the visajourney subject line for a second I think it's NVC or the embassy emailing me y'all. It's bad 🤣🤣🤣

Hi Everyone 

Just wanted to ask a question hopefully someone can help.

I really want to attend the interview with my hubby (I already got the ok from embassy) but I want to know how is the travel in Jamaica with covid-19. I’m hearing two different information 

1. That you have to get tested for covid in USA and bring result with you and get a clearance from the government.

2. That you only get the clearance and they test you on Jamaica and that you have to quarantine for 14 days. 
How true is this? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
44 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Hi Everyone 

I really want to attend the interview with my hubby (I already got the ok from embassy) but I want to know how is the travel in Jamaica with covid-19. I’m hearing two different information 

1. That you have to get tested for covid in USA and bring result with you and get a clearance from the government.

2. That you only get the clearance and they test you on Jamaica and that you have to quarantine for 14 days. 
How true is this? 

All travel info on https://www.visitjamaica.com/

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Hi Everyone 

How true is this? 

I know two people who traveled to JA recently and I watch all the conferences. Even the juicy one wah day where a reporter asked MOH's, Tufton if he cheated of his wife 🤭 anyway I digress LOL.

The process has recently changed and may change again on 07/31 because they are updating in 2 week sprints since the COVID situation is so fluid. Follow Ministry of Health and Andrew Holness on FB for new updates.

That being said, the current process is that you are to register on visitjamaica.com for authorization to travel to JA. Holness said you would be required as of July 10th to upload a Covid test result dated within 10 days of your travel but my friend who traveled 07/11 did not have to upload her results. The website asks questions about covid testing tho, i.e. if you've ever been exposed, if you've ever tested, the results etc. I told my friend to print and take her results with her since she did not have to upload it. The system may now require upload (not sure) Other questions from the site include your current address, your occupation, passport credentials, intended address in JA etc. Previously you could only fill out the form on visitjamaica 72hrs before travel. Idk if that has changed since they want test results prior to travel. At the end of the application the system generates the authorization via email.

To board the plane you will need the visitjamaica authorization. At the airport in JA you will show the authorization and your test results and go through the verbal health screen with a nurse. Also, they'll have you download the jamcovid app for GPS tracking You will not need to test again unless you show symptoms, fail the health screen or your test results from the US are older than 10 days old.

You will not be quarantined, but they will tell you to stay in the area you're visiting (ppl are still moving about 🤷🏾‍♀️). My friend said they couldn't get the app to download on her phone either so she had to fill out a paper with her info and where she'd be going. She is still in JA now and mi know she all over the place🤦🏾‍♀️ Only positive ppl are required to quarantine for 14 days. Most ppl come and go b4 14 days and those who have been tested are getting their results well after, I heard in some cases they go to JA, get back to the US and never got the results.

Hope this helped. This is the process now, but as I said it could change especially since they been having a spike due to positive cases from US travelers. Most of their recent cases have been imported.

1 hour ago, SwanC said:

Hubby is DQ June 1st, so as soon as I get that email you know seh me a update this thread. June people a soon fi we time to shub out!!!

Thank you 🙌🏾🙏🏾

Hey guys. Those with dates already,  quickly set up your medicals. Tried to do so last night and a rep from Andrews called and said my husband's name was not on the list sent by the Embassy to them. They told us to email the embassy letting them know this because we can't schedule a date without the names being on the hospital's list. 

55 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Hi Everyone 

How true is this? 

Statement #2 is true. Theres also a few recent videos on YouTube of person who have traveled in the last 2 weeks detaling their experience. With respect to self-isolation for 14 days, they are quite strict and have an app that tracks your movement and send out an alert. 

Timeline

To set an appointment with Andrews you should go to the hospitals website complete the form and submit the hospital will contact you within two days with a date to come in and do your medical. A list is used by the hospital only when your case is being expedited. If your name isn’t on the list they usually email the embassy or they ask you to email them the info you got from the embassy. For the medical I’ll advise persons to go get there vaccines before hand and save some money at Andrews 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.