Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Honestly stacey I want to take the risk and be there with him but bwoy too much things me a hear...not saying I don’t believe you it’s just all these other things I’m seeing. I know they normally ask what’s the purpose for visit and I would just tell them I’m here to attend my husband visa interview and that I’m here for 5 days. Mi nuh know yaah man 🤦🏽‍♀️

I watch some YouTube vids but all those I saw are there for vacation I don’t see any yet that just visiting for 3-5 days 😩

Edited by TheFostersJourney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, TheFostersJourney said:

Honestly stay I want to take the risk and be there with him but bwoy too much things me a head not saying I don’t believe you it’s just all these other things I’m seeing. I know they normally ask what’s the purpose for visit and I would just tell them I’m here to attend my husband visa interview and that I’m here for 5 days. Mi nuh know yaah man 🤦🏽‍♀️

I watch some YouTube vids but all those I saw are there for vacation I don’t see any yet that just visiting for 3-5 days 😩

I understand because I do not plan on going to JA because of all the cases here in FL. I don't want to be on a plane with a bunch on potentially sick ppl but I personally know ppl who went to JA for less than 7 days since they reopened the borders. Even got random FB messenger questions from another lady who saw me on the PM's lives asking me to tell her what to do etc. She go and come back already too 🤷🏾‍♀️ You'll be there in spirit if you can't in person.

15 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

How can we add our spouse when insurances ask for social security # which they do not yet have? 

There are  certain things that the insurance company deem  '  Qualifying event to add a spouse"  I explained the situation to the benefit administrator at my company and after following up with the insurance company,  this was part of a positive response: 

"2.       Proof that they’ve moved (one of the options below should suffice)
               a. Copy of the visa
               b. Copy of driver’s license or state ID card
              c.  If the spouse will be working, a letter from their US employer

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns." 

There was no mention of the SS #, but my new issue now is that the visa won't be in hand until AFTER the interview. They are willing to work with me  nonetheless and she's following  up to see if the interview letter will be enough. 

Just ask and see you never know what you'll be told. 

Edited by Kenzie_

Just now, Stacey Ann said:

How can we add our spouse when insurances ask for social security # which they do not yet have? 

The paper is madness i tell you... this Ds5540 is madness ... put N/A .. MEANING NOT APPLICABLE  and for all those who is trying to come to interviews with there spouse ill tell you its waste of time 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kenzie_ said:

There certain things that the insurance company deem  '  Qualifying event to add a spouse"  I explained my suatuian to the benefit administrator at my company and after following up this was the response: 

"2.       Proof that they’ve moved (one of the options below should suffice)
               a. Copy of the visa
               b. Copy of driver’s license or state ID card
              c.  If the spouse will be working, a letter from their US employer

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns." 

There was no mention of the SS #, but my new issues now is that the visa won't be in hand until AFTER the interview. They are willing to work with me  nonetheless and she's following  up to see if the interview letter will be enough. 

Just ask and see you never know what you'll be told. 

Oh I see.

Just now, Unknown101 said:

The paper is madness i tell you... this Ds5540 is madness ... put N/A .. MEANING NOT APPLICABLE  and for all those who is trying to come to interviews with there spouse ill tell you its waste of time 

The embassies are doing social distance... they dont want alot of people in the embassy and or in the room doing the interview to protect the councler officers so thats one reason 2 if they even find out that someone might have covid or coming from an area contaminated with covid they will lock down the embassy again like they did back in February/march when that one woman had the virus and clean it for a month or 2 again we dont need that so please i am begging lets all  be on the safe side ... we all are going to get our visa ...  🙋🙋🙋💪💪

4 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

Pure madness. I'm waiting to see If Rayan will mention if they ask him about it at the interview. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

I put a note he'll be added to my insurance when he migrates here; date to TBD because he doesn't even have a visa yet. I already pay almost $600/month in insurance premiums for my daughter and I so to go add him for another couple hundreds and he's not even here yet doesn't make sense to me. That entire form makes no sense.

10 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

I understand because I do not plan on going to JA because of all the cases here in FL. I don't want to be on a plane with a bunch on potentially sick ppl but I personally know ppl who went to JA for less than 7 days since they reopened the borders. Even got random FB messenger questions from another lady who saw me on the PM's lives asking me to tell her what to do etc. She go and come back already too 🤷🏾‍♀️ You'll be there in spirit if you can't in person.

I hate covid even more because of this 😭. I filed for my dad and he went for his interview last year and I attend with him and it was really nice being there so I wanted to do same for hubby but seeing how things has changed I’ll stay out. 😭😭😭

Stacey I live in Florida too and it’s a mess with all these cases 😫

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unknown101 said:

The embassies are doing social distance... they dont want alot of people in the embassy and or in the room doing the interview to protect the councler officers so thats one reason 2 if they even find out that someone might have covid or coming from an area contaminated with covid they will lock down the embassy again like they did back in February/march when that one woman had the virus and clean it for a month or 2 again we dont need that so please i am begging lets all  be on the safe side ... we all are going to get our visa ...  🙋🙋🙋💪💪

LOL so what you say all lakka me fra infested Florida can tek it off my mind. 😂😂 you know they're gonna let your spouse come in. By the time you reach embassy you would have already passed health screenings and shown negative test results.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kenzie_ said:

Pure madness. I'm waiting to see If Rayan will mention if they ask him about it at the interview. 

Yesssss, come thru Ryan. Mi mad fi ping him but trying to be patient lol

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

I hate covid even more because of this 😭. I filed for my dad and he went for his interview last year and I attend with him and it was really nice being there so I wanted to do same for hubby but seeing how things has changed I’ll stay out. 😭😭😭

Stacey I live in Florida too and it’s a mess with all these cases 😫

😔 I understand hun. Sunday is my quarantine birthday. Can't even dress up go no weh kmt

My birthday was Tuesday spent time at home with family but we did went out for dinner at red lobster but it was pretty empty..maybe like 4 other family was on the other side of restaurant. They really playing it safe. Has you walk in there’s hand sanitizer right in you face 🤣

Timeline
Just now, TheFostersJourney said:

My birthday was Tuesday spent time at home with family but we did went out for dinner at red lobster but it was pretty empty..maybe like 4 other family was on the other side of restaurant. They really playing it safe. Has you walk in there’s hand sanitizer right in you face 🤣

Awww happy belated birthday 🎉🎉🎉 Mi too fraidy fraidy nah gah a weh! Asked my mom to cook for me lol tho I wanted cuban food which she knows nothing about and mi nah gah no fire side so Jamaican food it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.