Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

Well i must say thanks to stacey ann ... i joined this and i have read all the comments... but its my first time replying... i got DQ june18 and its good to see people looking out for each other... good luck to you all ... remember to continue sharing information. .. the help would be great judging that no one here has an attorney on there case.. please share some of the questions they ask in interviews and some of the steps moving towards the interview. .. i will do so my self ... good luck everyone

We're all in this together.  Can't wait to hear about everyone's success when we get there.

Here's a recent review from KIN

11:30 interview
Questions asked:
-Is it your husband filing for you?
-when was the last time you spoke to him (husband)
- how often you guys communicate?
-your husband lives alone?
- where did you guys meet?
-did you say you guys went to the same school? NOOOOOOOO lol
- have your daughter met your husband before?
-how long you guys dated before getting married?
-where did you get married?
- is it the first marriage for both your husband and yourself?
- when was the last time your husband visited Jamaica?
- when was the last time you saw your husband?
-have you visited any other country other than the Us? YES, what was the longest you have ever stayed?
- question asked to confirm if my daughter and I have a b1/b2 visa (they wanted to cancel if we have no plans to travel before the cr1 and CR2 are issued)
- what’s the longest period I have ever stayed in the us?
-what work your husband does?
-any children together?... how many children I have?

These questions was what they asked me in no particular order. Was not asked for the Ds5540 nor did they ask to see nothing i brought, no pics nothing. Oh I was given the domestic violence sheet before the questions were asked (idk if that was a mistake but I took it🙈)

NB. No questions were ask of my 9 year old daughter who is my husbands stepdaughter..

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
1 hour ago, Unknown101 said:

Well i must say thanks to stacey ann ... i joined this and i have read all the comments... but its my first time replying... i got DQ june18 and its good to see people looking out for each other... good luck to you all ... remember to continue sharing information. .. the help would be great judging that no one here has an attorney on there case.. please share some of the questions they ask in interviews and some of the steps moving towards the interview. .. i will do so my self ... good luck everyone

Based on what I read once you receive your interview you must first register your interview in case you need to reschedule etc. 2nd immediately schedule the medical with St Andrews hospital in kingston on their website and fill out the medical form, gather everything you will need for medical i.e. interview confirmation, DS-260 confirmation page, immunization card, passport pics etc. AND register for courier service to get the visa back after the interview then gather originals and a copy of all the documents submitted on the NVC site for your interview along with the required passport pics etc....read up on the instructions here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/KNG-Kingston.html if you haven't already done so and follow all the enclosed links to see expanded info.

Edited by Stacey Ann

1 hour ago, Stacey Ann said:

We're all in this together.  Can't wait to hear about everyone's success when we get there.

Here's a recent review from KIN

11:30 interview
Questions asked:
-Is it your husband filing for you?
-when was the last time you spoke to him (husband)
- how often you guys communicate?
-your husband lives alone?
- where did you guys meet?
-did you say you guys went to the same school? NOOOOOOOO lol
- have your daughter met your husband before?
-how long you guys dated before getting married?
-where did you get married?
- is it the first marriage for both your husband and yourself?
- when was the last time your husband visited Jamaica?
- when was the last time you saw your husband?
-have you visited any other country other than the Us? YES, what was the longest you have ever stayed?
- question asked to confirm if my daughter and I have a b1/b2 visa (they wanted to cancel if we have no plans to travel before the cr1 and CR2 are issued)
- what’s the longest period I have ever stayed in the us?
-what work your husband does?
-any children together?... how many children I have?

These questions was what they asked me in no particular order. Was not asked for the Ds5540 nor did they ask to see nothing i brought, no pics nothing. Oh I was given the domestic violence sheet before the questions were asked (idk if that was a mistake but I took it🙈)

NB. No questions were ask of my 9 year old daughter who is my husbands stepdaughter..

I've been wondering about the DS5540 form. Good to know they don't ask for it ( good to have it filled out nonetheless) 

Just now, Kenzie_ said:

I've been wondering about the DS5540 form. Good to know they don't ask for it ( good to have it filled out nonetheless) 

Ok thanks alot... one more thing.... for the interview i know we must provide our original documents and a copy .. but do we need to provide our spouse original citizens certificate and ((if necessary )) our sponsors // household member original documents too or we just need there copies ... i want to know so i can have them post to me in the mail in time for the interview. . Please and thanks  the interview questions wont be a problem for me i know almost everything about my wife.. just preparing for it will be ruff lol .

Just now, Kenzie_ said:

I dont think anyone of us here needs to sign up ds5540 .. thats for public charges. . And we are exempt from public charges if i am not mistaking ... public charges came in effect February 2020 and our petition receipts dates are from 2019 // 2018  so we are good to go... 

Timeline

Prepare it and take because I know of ppl who was in process before the public charge took effect and was asked for it at the Kin embassy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kenzie_ said:

Yeah can't hurt to have it just in case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Unknown101 said:

Ok thanks alot... one more thing.... for the interview i know we must provide our original documents and a copy .. but do we need to provide our spouse original citizens certificate and ((if necessary )) our sponsors // household member original documents too or we just need there copies ... i want to know so i can have them post to me in the mail in time for the interview. . Please and thanks  the interview questions wont be a problem for me i know almost everything about my wife.. just preparing for it will be ruff lol .

I mailed a certified copy of my citizenship doc. The beneficiary docs need to be original and copy. That link I sent has a checklist and outlines everything. Word of advise. I used Fedex to send my docs. It's more expensive, but so worth it. Tracking and docs arrived in a week to the Fedex location and they called my husband to pick it up. Used them for docs from JA to Trinidad and back and had a good experience as well.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Hi Everyone 

Just check my husband status and it’s saying in Kingston “yayyyy 😁”. He got DQ May 14...Now we’re one step ahead. 

Yayyyyy 👌🏾

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.