Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BC97 said:

Yeah I’m definitely considering it after the EO. Thinking of moving it to August and continuously rescheduling - someone else on VJ told me he’s kept doing this and they’re fine with it.

The travel EO - yes.   But you could always enter from a country not covered by that EO after staying there 14 days.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

The travel EO - yes.   But you could always enter from a country not covered by that EO after staying there 14 days.

So even those being issued CR1 visas can’t actually go at the moment...?

I’m expecting them to get rid of the travel EO and open embassies in one fell swoop.

5 minutes ago, BC97 said:

I’m expecting them to get rid of the travel EO and open embassies in one fell swoop.

As far as I understand, Spouses are exempt from the PP’s and EO.

6 minutes ago, BC97 said:

They can travel directly - have to quarantine on the honour system.

Other visa holders have to take a 2 week quarantine vacation in a 3rd country first.

6 minutes ago, BC97 said:

Na,  Travel bans will come off one by one. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if another country get added first.

The embassies and consulates are opening based on local conditions.  The US State Department actually has a plan.

Edited by Paul & Mary

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

They can travel directly - have to quarantine on the honour system.

Other visa holders have to take a 2 week quarantine vacation in a 3rd country first.

So surely, when they get around to issuing K1’s, they won’t turn around and say ‘sorry you can’t fly, you’ll need to quarantine in another country first’ - just seems illogical, because the K1 expires if you don’t leave within six months.

May need someone else to confirm, but I’m certain I’ve seen people already issued K1’s prior to March enter directly to the US during the ban.

10 minutes ago, BC97 said:

May need someone else to confirm, but I’m certain I’ve seen people already issued K1’s prior to March enter directly to the US during the ban.

They could until the various coronavirus EOs and even during the initial confusion.   And crazy things like flying in is allowed but crossing by land is not.

10 minutes ago, BC97 said:

So surely, when they get around to issuing K1’s, they won’t turn around and say ‘sorry you can’t fly, you’ll need to quarantine in another country first’ - just seems illogical, because the K1 expires if you don’t leave within six months.

It relates to the non-immigrant types being treated the same.  A B2 can also be issued for 6 months or 1 entry, etc.  I'd suspect that when a consulate starts processing non immigrant visas that the travel ban could be synced or immigrant visa might become subject to the travel ban..

Edited by Paul & Mary

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here is a question then. I have an LDN number and email as such - My CR1 case was DQ April 21 - Could I then go ahead and make my medical appointment and just hope that the embassy opens within the 6 month time frame?

Matt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
4 hours ago, transatlantic88 said:

DCF petitions are approved in London and then forwarded to the NVC so it’s not completely true saying there’s no contact. Once our case is sent from the NVC back to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the London Embassy, then we have to schedule our own medical and interview but attendance at the medical requires paperwork showing the case number. It’s widely discussed how NVC aren’t forwarding the approved cases to London right now because routine processing is suspended. Appreciate the advice but I think you’re confusing people with that comment 

DCF petitions in London are approved by the USCIS office housed in the embassy building. Then the file is sent straight to the Immigrant Visa Unit within the same building but it’s a transfer from USCIS (Homeland Security) to the Consulate (Dept of State). When the IV Unit gets around to openIng your petition file, they will send a letter saying they have the approved petition and you may begin the visa application steps. It never goes to NVC. Your file is in London. 

Timeline

I think some of the confusion is you have so many different situations weighing in on the same threads.

1. K1s with approved petitions but held at NVC. Stuck with nothing further they can do now.
  2. K1s whose files already made it to London before lockdowns. (Have hope but their interviews are getting cancelled. Possibly a computer glitch that allows then to rebook rather than a real chance at an interview at this time
  3. IR1/CR1s with approved petitions or even document qualified by NVC but interviews not being assigned or files being sent until London “opens”. Stuck with nothing further they can do now.
  4. IR1/CR1 (DCF) wIth petition approval notification from the USCIS office in London. Waiting on the IV Unit at the embassy to acknowledge receipt and give the the go ahead to apply for the visa and schedule an interview. Some have interviews but unsure if they will be cancelled. These are in the best position IMHO.
  5. IR1/CR1 (DCF) wIth petition approval  pending still from the USCIS office in London. Stuck until they get back to work and approve the petition. 

A thread for each group would be good. Also putting the status of IR1/CR1 (DCF) for some who are DCF But haven’t indicated  in their “Filed for” which makes people think they are at NVC instead of in London.

Edited by Wuozopo

35 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

DCF petitions in London are approved by the USCIS office housed in the embassy building. Then the file is sent straight to the Immigrant Visa Unit within the same building but it’s a transfer from USCIS (Homeland Security) to the Consulate (Dept of State). When the IV Unit gets around to openIng your petition file, they will send a letter saying they have the approved petition and you may begin the visa application steps. It never goes to NVC. Your file is in London. 

The physical file might well stay in London.  I’m not concerned with talking about these minor points anymore, I’m not the only DCF with this understanding either. The main point was that my LND is taking longer than 5 weeks to come through. If that helps anyone, my original post has served its purpose and I’m sorry for any confusion I’ve caused. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, transatlantic88 said:

The physical file might well stay in London.  I’m not concerned with talking about these minor points anymore, I’m not the only DCF with this understanding either. The main point was that my LND is taking longer than 5 weeks to come through. If that helps anyone, my original post has served its purpose and I’m sorry for any confusion I’ve caused. 

I would say that your delay is Covid related and the stated number of days is pre-pandemic. The staff is mostly at home still, don’t you think?

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I think some of the confusion is you have so many different situations weighing in on the same threads.

1. K1s with approved petitions but held at NVC. Stuck with nothing further they can do now.
  2. K1s whose files already made it to London before lockdowns. (Have hope but their interviews are getting cancelled. Possibly a computer glitch that allows then to rebook rather than a real chance at an interview at this time
  3. IR1/CR1s with approved petitions or even document qualified by NVC but interviews not being assigned or files being sent until London “opens”. Stuck with nothing further they can do now.
  4. IR1/CR1 (DCF) wIth petition approval notification from the USCIS office in London. Waiting on the IV Unit at the embassy to acknowledge receipt and give the the go ahead to apply for the visa and schedule an interview. Some have interviews but unsure if they will be cancelled. These are in the best position IMHO.
  5. IR1/CR1 (DCF) wIth petition approval  pending still from the USCIS office in London. Stuck until they get back to work and approve the petition. 

A thread for each group would be good. Also putting the status of IR1/CR1 (DCF) for some who are DCF But haven’t indicated  in their “Filed for” which makes people think they are at NVC instead of in London.

This post is spot on. I think the differences are important and there seems to be a lot of confusion as of late (e.g. DCF filers wasting hours on the phone trying to obtain an LND number from NVC, to no avail).

@transatlantic88 Out of interest, when did you send your petition to the London USCIS Field Office and what was your filing date? I am surprised they approved your petition in mid-May as we seemed to have a lull in adjudications (on this forum at least) during that time.

10 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Agree this is a great breakdown. I know, for those of us in DCF status, the consulate has begun processing a few weeks back. My guess would be that the Visa Unit should also begin processing again as well. 

Also, didn't know about the 'filed for' field to show DCF. Updated my profile. Thanks for that tid bit. :)

DQ 29th April - I got an Expedite request in before lockdown and they have agreed to expedite once they open again

I would hope we start to see the cancelled CR1/ir1 appts being rescheduled then the NVC held cases being moved 🤞🏻🤞🏻 

I’m sure you are all feeling it too, my nerves are frayed 

10 hours ago, transatlantic88 said:

But, it isn't a minor point if all of us who were under the impression that our our petitions had gone straight from USCIS London to the IVU at the London Embassy are now discovering that they haven't, and that the actually had to go all the way to NVC and come back to London.  I appreciate that you don't want to quibble over what you perceive to be something trivial, but for those of us who were told that was what was happening it is not trivial.

The embassy's website says, "Petition approved by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in London
As soon as the Immigrant Visa Unit receives your approved petition from USCIS London, they will write to you about booking your appointment. This will be within 8 weeks of your petitioner receiving the I-797 Notice of Action."

And my notice of approval from USCIS London says, "Your petition to classify the beneficiary as an immediate relative of a United States citizen has been forwarded to the United States Consulate at London"

I am in a relatively urgent situation at the moment and have tried to expedite the process already with the IVU (am waiting for them to issue my LND number) and have gotten nowhere.  If you are telling me I actually need to be talking to NVC because that's where the hold up is, then that makes it a big deal because that has not been communicated at any point to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.