Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, corntop said:

I really hope that non-expedited CR1 don't just get lumped in with "routine visas" and end up staying in the NVC for the rest of the year :( I have no real reason to expedite at the present time, so reading that they're only doing "emergency and mission-critical" visas doesn't fill me with much hope. Trying to keep positive to hear more news in July.

The good news is that according to This , IR-1 / CR-1 visas ARE classed as mission critical. Excerpt below:-

Mission-critical immigrant visa categories may include applicants who may be eligible for an exception under this presidential proclamation, such as: IR/CR1, IR/CR2, IR/IH-3, IR/IH-4, SQ, SI, and certain employment-based medical professionals, as well as cases involving an applicant who may age out.”

I am holding on to any slight glimmer of hope that taking everything into consideration, the embassy will start to process all of us waiting within the next few months. 

Edited by Eladnolnod

21 minutes ago, transatlantic88 said:

DCF petitions are approved in London and then forwarded to the NVC so it’s not completely true saying there’s no contact. Once our case is sent from the NVC back to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the London Embassy, then we have to schedule our own medical and interview but attendance at the medical requires paperwork showing the case number. It’s widely discussed how NVC aren’t forwarding the approved cases to London right now because routine processing is suspended. Appreciate the advice but I think you’re confusing people with that comment 

Certainly not the case how it was done two years ago.  Did you have to pay the NVC the AOS/I-864 fee?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

37 minutes ago, transatlantic88 said:

Once our case is sent from the NVC back to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the London Embassy,

Below is the VJ guide.  If it is wrong have it corrected.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Below is the VJ guide.  If it is wrong have it corrected.

I believe this is incorrect, NVC receive the approved petitions from the USCIS office in London (obviously now closed permanently) and then they send it back out to the Immigrant Visa department in London. Some users on here have commented that they managed to get their case numbers, allowing them to book the medical and interview, but you need official paperwork with the LND number to attend the medical. It's not enough to just know your number. I personally wouldn't bet on getting the paperwork in time before the appointment how things are going right now. I also believe that the members who have managed to get their case number over the phone were approved a while before us, I'm in the same boat as a lot of people waiting on the NVC to send the approved petitions back to London. I believe that NVC advise the beneficiary when this is done via email. As always, anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. I merely commented in this forum to inform others that I've been waiting more than 5 weeks for the LND number. 

8 minutes ago, transatlantic88 said:

I believe this is incorrect, NVC receive the approved petitions from the USCIS office in London (obviously now closed permanently) and then they send it back out to the Immigrant Visa department in London. Some users on here have commented that they managed to get their case numbers, allowing them to book the medical and interview, but you need official paperwork with the LND number to attend the medical. It's not enough to just know your number. I personally wouldn't bet on getting the paperwork in time before the appointment how things are going right now. I also believe that the members who have managed to get their case number over the phone were approved a while before us, I'm in the same boat as a lot of people waiting on the NVC to send the approved petitions back to London. I believe that NVC advise the beneficiary when this is done via email. As always, anyone is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. I merely commented in this forum to inform others that I've been waiting more than 5 weeks for the LND number. 

Where does CEAC show your case at?

Edited by Paul & Mary

6 minutes ago, transatlantic88 said:

One would assume that if the USCIS local office in London sends the approved petition to NVC you would then receive a welcome e-mail which states your LND number on it (as is the case for petitions sent for non DCF cases from US based USCIS Service Centres)

I would think it strange for the approved petition to be sent from London to NVC and then back to London before you receive your LND number.

Just my 2p, I’m not DCF...

I was always under the impression that DCF bypasses NVC completely. 

Edited by Eladnolnod

2 hours ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

How long did it take you from your I-130 approval to getting the letter with your LDN number on it? :)

Cant remember off the top of my head but I think it was a couple of weeks.  :)

Same....everything I've seen in the past had DCF bypass NVC.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

My daughters cases DQ’d over a month ago, still waiting on mine. We asked to expedite earlier in April and received stock reply of no, London are closed. When they updated the website last week we sent another expedite request, had a reply yesterday to say it’s been sent to the embassy for review so we’re waiting to hear whether they’ll accept it or not.... otherwise we will be in the DQ list of waiting waiting waiting for interview.

Its definitely a good idea to have this thread for all the CR1/IR1 cases that are all waiting in one place 😊 hope we all hear something soon!

52 minutes ago, Eladnolnod said:

One would assume that if the USCIS local office in London sends the approved petition to NVC you would then receive a welcome e-mail which states your LND number on it (as is the case for petitions sent for non DCF cases from US based USCIS Service Centres)

I would think it strange for the approved petition to be sent from London to NVC and then back to London before you receive your LND number.

Just my 2p, I’m not DCF...

I was always under the impression that DCF bypasses NVC completely. 

I should clarify that DCF does bypass NVC compared to lockbox filers, as in DCF petitioners and beneficiaries don't have to send anything to NVC. Yet, NVC do receive the approved petitions, as you said, and then inform the beneficiary when they forward the case to London, which includes the LND. I think I explained it like this in my original comment so I'm not sure why all this conversation has emerged about something relatively simple. At the end of the day, DCF people can't do anything until NVC forward their case to London. They said 5 weeks in our Notice of Approval and we've now passed this mark as of last week. 

1 hour ago, Paul & Mary said:

Where does CEAC show your case at?

Just to reply to your comment, we have nothing to do with CEAC as DCF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, transatlantic88 said:

I believe this is incorrect, NVC receive the approved petitions from the USCIS office in London (obviously now closed permanently) and then they send it back out to the Immigrant Visa department in London. Some users on here have commented that they managed to get their case numbers, allowing them to book the medical and interview, but you need official paperwork with the LND number to attend the medical. It's not enough to just know your number. I personally wouldn't bet on getting the paperwork in time before the appointment how things are going right now. I also believe that the members who have managed to get their case number over the phone were approved a while before us, I'm in the same boat as a lot of people waiting on the NVC to send the approved petitions back to London. I believe that NVC advise the beneficiary when this is done via email. As always, anyone is welcome to correct me if I’m wrong.

My fiancée called them at the start of this month, got my LND number, and I have a medical booked. The woman on the phone told me so long as I have an email with my LND number and name on it, that I may attend the medical. This email came from NVC, confirming my LND case number after my fiancée called. It doesn’t really say anything else.

I don’t believe it is possible to book the visa interview however, I’m taking a slight gamble and hoping the embassy reopens by the end of the year and I’m done. (6 month rule from medical.)

Edited by BC97

3 minutes ago, BC97 said:

I have a medical booked

I'd delay that medical for now until you can schedule the consulate appointment.

I got my DQ in May also so waiting for the NVC to schedule my appointment.  I would think (this is all assumption by the way), the fact they have stated that IR1/2 and CR1/2  visas are mission critical, they are processing mission critical visas, the UK is easing lockdown and the K1 visas which people had previously booked appts for in July & August are not being processed currently freeing those appt times up that we should start getting some appointments booked.  I have no idea how many spouse visas are in the pipeline from NVC to London but the sooner they clear that backlog puts them in a better position to process other visas when they are allowed.  I would imagine London has a much smaller number than some other embassies.

Anyway I just want some progress, just a date would be good regardless of when it is so we can plan our lives and not be stuck in this horrible no mans land.

Edited by 8bithearts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I'd delay that medical for now until you can schedule the consulate appointment.

Yeah I’m definitely considering it after the EO. Thinking of moving it to August and continuously rescheduling - someone else on VJ told me he’s kept doing this and they’re fine with it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.