Jessiey

How long does it take to receive the green card since POE date?

157 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Jessiey said:

thanks! thats very helpful.

i got my card today! no updates on my uscis or the egov website since my card was mailed last thursday. i hope you get yours soon!

16 hours ago, Iscir said:

i got my card today! no updates on my uscis or the egov website since my card was mailed last thursday. i hope you get yours soon!

wow! congrats! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

POE: March 20, 2020 (LAX)

No green card received by the 120 day mark. Contacted USCIS in July. No response.

Contacted USCIS again in August. No response.

Received a call from USCIS late August telling us that they have no information on our case and are forwarding our request directly to the processing center.

Received email from USCIS earlier this week saying that the case is moving and being sent for production.

Card production: September 12, 2020

Will update when card is received.

23 hours ago, millenniums said:

No green card received by the 120 day mark. Contacted USCIS in July. No response.

Received a call from USCIS late August telling us that they have no information on our case and are forwarding our request directly to the processing center.

Received email from USCIS earlier this week saying that the case is moving and being sent for production.

thats great! My status updated that the card has been mailed to me on 11 Sept. Hope can get it soon. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jessiey said:

thats great! My status updated that the card has been mailed to me on 11 Sept. Hope can get it soon. 

that was quick! you will probably get in within a week! 🥳🥳 

Just now, Iscir said:

that was quick! you will probably get in within a week! 🥳🥳 

hahah yes, i really didnt expect that, i checked the previous records on visa journey, it usually takes 20 days from production to mail, but mine is like 7 days. Hope i cant get it soon!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jessiey said:

hahah yes, i really didnt expect that, i checked the previous records on visa journey, it usually takes 20 days from production to mail, but mine is like 7 days. Hope i cant get it soon!

Let us know when you get it! I’m glad it’s going quickly now after that long wait! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife entered the U.S. on Feb. 1. We paid the green card fee like  a week later. We got our green card yesterday after doing inquiries and contacting the ombudsman's office. Seems you have to be persistent but will get it eventually. 

On 9/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, Iscir said:

Let us know when you get it! I’m glad it’s going quickly now after that long wait! 

Finally got it! after 4 calls to uscis!

2 minutes ago, Iscir said:

awesome! i’m glad finally you have your card! now we can forget about all of this immigration stuff for a while haha

haha thats true, more than a year to relax, then need to file new form again. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, FloraTen said:

What number did you all call to get to speak to an actual person to inquire about the status of your green card? I keep getting this automated service and it tells me no more than I already know 🙄

I think you can hit "0".  

I called last week.  Waited on hold for 48 minutes 🙄.  Talked to a pleasant agent who said she was submitting a Request for Service after I told her I'd already submitted a request through MyUSCIS account and provided the reference from the response I go there.  She gave me another reference number and said call in 30 days if I do not receive a response. GC fee was paid March 13, POE was April 1.  

170 days and counting... 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

3 hours ago, mam521 said:

I think you can hit "0".  

I called last week.  Waited on hold for 48 minutes 🙄.  Talked to a pleasant agent who said she was submitting a Request for Service after I told her I'd already submitted a request through MyUSCIS account and provided the reference from the response I go there.  She gave me another reference number and said call in 30 days if I do not receive a response. GC fee was paid March 13, POE was April 1.  

170 days and counting... 

Hey, thank you for the reply. I got through to an agent that same day and after a few checks he told me to call back in two weeks time but on the day of the two week time frame I got an email stating that they sent my card in to production so I didn’t need to call back thankfully.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, millenniums said:

Card Mailed: September 15, 2020

Card Received: September 17, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So hubs logged in yesterday and saw this magical notice:

Card Produced - (Non-DACA)

USCIS has produced your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and mailed it to the address you provided.

Lets see how long it takes to arrive.  Yesterday, when the message changed, it had been 175 days since we activated our visas.  

No e-mail, no tracking.  Guess we're supposed to telepathically know...

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.