Jessiey

How long does it take to receive the green card since POE date?

157 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

What is your guys' case status at egov.uscis.gov? I entered the US on July 12th, and my case status is now "Card is being produced". Then it continues to say my form OS155A has been approved and that they have ordered my card to be produced. Is this the case status everyone else has or should I be happy and expect my green card to arrive soon?

i really hope so, my status is still "Immigrant Visa Fee Payment Received" 😂

6 minutes ago, Iscir said:

my status finally changed to card is being produced this past monday! 169 days after POE. 

thats great! hope you can get the card soon! mine is like 140+days after POE.....😂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Iscir said:

that was quick, you should be happy! you should receive your card in about a month. after card is being produced,  you will get a card was mailed status and then a tracking number i think :) 

My status is now "Card Was Mailed To Me"! 38 days after POE!

I just moved though so I hope they have noticed I have a new address. I changed my address in the profile of my USCIS account and I also sent in the online form for requesting change of address (which they kindly are informing me "is currently not assigned for processing"). Hopefully I'll get a tracing number eventually so I can see which address they sent it to.

Strange that my card was sent so quickly when so many are waiting for months. Are they not all processed and then produced at the same place?

Edited by Jon & Ygritte

9 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I just moved though so I hope they have noticed I have a new address. I changed my address in the profile of my USCIS account and I also sent in the online form for requesting change of address (which they kindly are informing me "is currently not assigned for processing"). Hopefully I'll get a tracing number eventually so I can see which address they sent it to.

Strange that my card was sent so quickly when so many are waiting for months. Are they not all processed and then produced at the same place?

I would say it really depends on your luck lol. thats great that you will be receiving it soon. 😉 

Hi everyone, I have an idea, I want to form a group chat regarding this on whatsapp, if you are interested, please message me your handphone number personally by clicking my name on visa journey, and I will add you all in the group chat. I think it's great that we can know each other virtually here, and it's more convenient for us to share the info via whatsapp. 😀

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I chatted with a live representative by going to the "Ask Emma" function on uscis.gov. She verified that my green card had been sent to the correct address, but she said she could not give me a tracking number. She said it may take several days to receive one from USPS. Sometimes one is not available at all. No worry, my card should be on its way!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I chatted with a live representative by going to the "Ask Emma" function on uscis.gov. She verified that my green card had been sent to the correct address, but she said she could not give me a tracking number. She said it may take several days to receive one from USPS. Sometimes one is not available at all. No worry, my card should be on its way!

I'm starting to think that it was the change of address that bumped the production of my green card to the top. Action was taken that day.

31 minutes ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I'm starting to think that it was the change of address that bumped the production of my green card to the top. Action was taken that day.

I also changed my address but the miracle didnt happen lol.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jessiey said:

I also changed my address but the miracle didnt happen lol.

Yeah, I think you are right. I noticed now it says already on July 31st that they were producing my new card. Strange.

Well, I hope this bodes well for everyone else who's waiting for their green card. There is hope!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I logged in through myUSCIS account and sent a message inquiring.  I (surprisingly) got a response within 2 days saying they would be sending an inquiry to the field office handling my GC and I should hear from them soon (HA! I have little faith).  I haven't sent inquiries for my kids yet, but their applications went to Nebraska and mine California.  California is a black hole of no answers until the 11th hour it seems. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

I just received my green card! It was sent to the wrong address but it managed to get to me anyway since our new flat is just some blocks away. Thank you, USPS! +41 days since POE!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

I just received my green card! It was sent to the wrong address but it managed to get to me anyway since our new flat is just some blocks away. Thank you, USPS! +41 days since POE!

congratulations! i’m glad you didn’t have to wait long! how long did it took for you to receive the card since the card is in production status? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

im counting on. currently 194 days since paid and 189 days since POE.

called and made second request. they said I should hear from them within 15 days.

DONT believe it yet :D 

I-130

4/10/2019 Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

4/18/2019  NOA1

9/25/2019 NOA 2 for I-130  (166 days) - no 129 or expedite.

11/07/2019 Received  NVC Case Number via Email and submitted the payments (same day)

11/23/2019 Submitted everything

12/19/19 DQ

02/04/20 Interview

02/10/20 Greencard fee paid

02/15/20 POE

10/01/20 Card in production

02/15/20 Move to the US

06/2021 Finally received Greencard

I-751 (Lifting Conditions)

01/2022 I751 sent

02/2022 NOA1 / Using old Biometrics

13 hours ago, Jon & Ygritte said:

wow congrats!

5 hours ago, AlenaNick said:

im counting on. currently 194 days since paid and 189 days since POE.

called and made second request. they said I should hear from them within 15 days.

DONT believe it yet :D 

still waiting for the reply from USCIS also lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.