Jessiey

How long does it take to receive the green card since POE date?

157 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Budiday said:

My husband entered Nov 6, 2020. And just got his friday November 20, 2020. His POE was SFO. But stil no SSN. We called our local SSA, and they said they dont issue them automatically anymore with the DS-260 form. So apply in person. 

I got my SSN a week after arriving, I already have it so they do. I don't have my GC though, my POE is DFW.

When did you pay?

Edited by ohcoffeeeyes

On 11/23/2020 at 2:02 PM, ohcoffeeeyes said:

I got my SSN a week after arriving, I already have it so they do. I don't have my GC though, my POE is DFW.

When did you pay?

We paid after his interview which was Oct. 7, 2020. I think the SSN depends on your local SSA. Ours is San Jose, CA and they don't issue it automatically anymore :(. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, Budiday said:

My husband entered Nov 6, 2020. And just got his friday November 20, 2020. His POE was SFO. But stil no SSN. We called our local SSA, and they said they dont issue them automatically anymore with the DS-260 form. So apply in person. 

Just asking when did the website update to say Green Card produced / shipped.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I entered on Oct 20, received my SSN 8 days after. Today (Dec 18) I received my 10-year Green Card. Super fast I think.

Actually my lawyer had recommended me not to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee before POE. She said that if I pay it once I'm here, the order of my green card will be submitted at the moment I pay the fee online. I followed her advice and paid it the day after my POE. Then the green card arrived less than 2 months.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, mave said:

I entered on Oct 20, received my SSN 8 days after. Today (Dec 18) I received my 10-year Green Card. Super fast I think.

Actually my lawyer had recommended me not to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee before POE. She said that if I pay it once I'm here, the order of my green card will be submitted at the moment I pay the fee online. I followed her advice and paid it the day after my POE. Then the green card arrived less than 2 months.

Congrats!

5 minutes ago, HDia said:

Spouse entered on July 17th.

Wait until the 120 days mark then we contacted USCIS. After that they started to process her green card. We received it on December 14th. 150 days total.

Congrats that you got it before Christmas!

On 12/18/2020 at 5:13 PM, mave said:

ive read they process 10 years faster too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.