Jessiey

How long does it take to receive the green card since POE date?

157 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
4 hours ago, Jessiey said:

Sigh, no idea, i saw exterme case is waiting for the green card for almost 1 year. How long have you been waiting?

Since March 3. What has me worried is that we need to move at the end of August so I’m afraid I won’t receive it before then, and it will get lost. Like I update my address After I move but they still send it to the old address, I have seen here in VJ that that happens a lot :/ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, MarloMX said:

following this thread. We paid the visa fee as of Feb. 11. We called USCIS on June 12 to request an update on the status of printing the card and they said it would take 15-30 days. No change so far. 

I made an inquiry last Thursday and they told me to wait 15-30 days too for a reply :( I’m thinking of making another inquiry. But I did it online, I didn’t call because I’m not confident in my English yet 😅

18 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Since March 3. What has me worried is that we need to move at the end of August so I’m afraid I won’t receive it before then, and it will get lost. Like I update my address After I move but they still send it to the old address, I have seen here in VJ that that happens a lot 😕

I think thats why you better call them, as at today i just noticed that they didnt have my unit number but the street name only, so I called them regarding this, to confirm that the address in their end is the up-to-date address info, also want to check if there are any other blockers for mailing the card. As I read through some relevant topics, some delays are due to the payment problems or incorrect address, or lost in the mid way. So better call them to clarify all these potential blockers. 

1 minute ago, Abcd1234 said:

You guys can enter the receipt no and check status here

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do

, our says card being produced since june 26, it seems like they have close printing since june 15 according to the Washington post

I have been tracking that status page too, but just said payment received. I guess so, sigh whats happening. So what is your POE date?

6 hours ago, MarloMX said:

Thanks Marlo for the info, didnt know about this.... very speechless.

Just now, Jessiey said:

I have been tracking that status page too, but just said payment received. I guess so, sigh whats happening. So what is your POE date?

15 march poe, there is some process before issuing greencard, till that time it says fees paid, if you have paid them, once process is done the uscis orders the card to be produced and it goes to printing company, and status changes to card being produced,  it used to take 2 days in that stage but now it seems printing is halted

1 minute ago, Abcd1234 said:

We havnt even gotten ssn,my wife cant work, guess what i am voting in November and you can guess whom i am not voting

Really so pissed, someone is crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

We havnt even gotten ssn,my wife cant work, guess what i am voting in November and you can guess whom i am not voting

Actually your wife still can work, she can apply jobs, just when she got the job offer, she needs to talk to the HR to generate the offer letter and SSN dire needs letter address SSA, then you can make the appt with the SSA mentioning that you need to SSN to start the new job, then you can get your SSN within two weeks. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

FWIW, we got an update today on the USCIS website saying that our inquiry has been assigned to a representative. 

We paid the fee on Feb. 11 and our status has yet to update from "Fee Payment Received." We contacted USCIS after 120 days in June and were told to expect a response between 15-30 days. Today was the first sign of progress. 

2 minutes ago, Jessiey said:

Actually your wife still can work, she can apply jobs, just when she got the job offer, she needs to talk to the HR to generate the offer letter and SSN dire needs letter address SSA, then you can make the appt with the SSA mentioning that you need to SSN to start the new job, then you can get your SSN within two weeks. 

Can we apply jobs without ssn?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.