zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Garghan said:

As far as I know the medical was ok. They hadn’t told me other wise. On CEAC where does it say status. It says it’s with the Sydney consulate. That’s all I can see. 

That’s a bit strange. They do state 1-2 weeks for the passport. I haven’t heard it take more than a week really. I’d assume they are really having issues then and I’d follow up once it hits 2 weeks post interview. 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

5 minutes ago, zochu said:

That’s a bit strange. They do state 1-2 weeks for the passport. I haven’t heard it take more than a week really. I’d assume they are really having issues then and I’d follow up once it hits 2 weeks post interview. 

I didn’t even know there was a status update. It says issued. So I’ll see if I get anything over the next week. 

11 minutes ago, Garghan said:

I didn’t even know there was a status update. It says issued. So I’ll see if I get anything over the next week. 

Good luck! Let us know when it’s arrived! 

Our Visa Journey:

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

Quick Q: Our case per the CEAC status says 'In Transit' but logged into CEAC/IV it says it's at Sydney. I'm looking at your timelines and it shows the consulate received your cases the following day, but it is received/in transit or received/'Ready'?

@Entheos I saw that your case shipped, Congratulations!
Just wondering did you get a response from either the NVC or the Sydney consulate that they were expediting your case? Or did it just ship as part of regular processing do you think?

We are at NVC at the moment and trying to determine if any cases are shipping to the consulate or only those with a successful expedite request, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, AliceH155 said:

@Entheos I saw that your case shipped, Congratulations!
Just wondering did you get a response from either the NVC or the Sydney consulate that they were expediting your case? Or did it just ship as part of regular processing do you think?

We are at NVC at the moment and trying to determine if any cases are shipping to the consulate or only those with a successful expedite request, any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

It was 'expedited'.  Hit 'in transit' last Monday, followed the DHL hack and tracked the shipment to arriving Friday.  Received an email from the Consulate mind morning Monday for me to send them the items they needed to schedule (DS-160 info, MRV Receipt, name, case number, email), sent them Monday about an hour later....Haven't heard back since.  I'm hoping to hear back today for the interview date... every time my phone dings, I get excited, then I see it's an email from Costco, or some other promotional email...lol

26 minutes ago, Entheos said:

It was 'expedited'.  Hit 'in transit' last Monday, followed the DHL hack and tracked the shipment to arriving Friday.  Received an email from the Consulate mind morning Monday for me to send them the items they needed to schedule (DS-160 info, MRV Receipt, name, case number, email), sent them Monday about an hour later....Haven't heard back since.  I'm hoping to hear back today for the interview date... every time my phone dings, I get excited, then I see it's an email from Costco, or some other promotional email...lol

Ok thanks, good to know. Fingers crossed they give you a date soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, zochu said:

That great news! Interview will be scheduled soon. 

my advice would start preparing for the medical - vaccination records etc! 

With vaccination records, if we aren't able to obtain those, can we get a blood test to show immunity etc?

On 7/28/2020 at 5:39 PM, Lelly said:

@zochu did you have your interview today? How did you go with the VIC/NSW border? 

passing vic/nsw border was easy- took about 1hr 30 mins due to checks

3 hours ago, MissOphelia said:

With vaccination records, if we aren't able to obtain those, can we get a blood test to show immunity etc?

yep- blood test is fine 

We were sadly denied a visa. Good luck to all, I have to work out how to reunite my Husband and our 1 year old. 

Edited by zochu

Our Visa Journey:

5 hours ago, zochu said:

yep- blood test is fine 

We were sadly denied a visa. Good luck to all, I have to work out how to reunite my Husband and our 1 year old. 

Omg denied? Why? I’m so sorry, you must be devastated... is there an option for appeal? 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

5 hours ago, zochu said:

yep- blood test is fine 

Woah woah, denied??? No way...

Although, working in claims and seeing other reports, isn't anything that's not 'issued' now 'denied', even if under AP? I can't imagine the consulate granting an expedite for a case that's not valid.

Edited by aus2tx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.