zochu

Australians Waiting For Interview at US Consulate Sydney

1,565 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2022 at 7:45 PM, Waitingtoexhale12 said:

Hi! We first submitted for CR1 back in October 2020 and are now waiting for our docs to be approved at the consulate after our interview. Its honestly hard to say if 12 months would be reasonable bc of delays. I would guess it may be slightly longer than that but I am always optimistic! 

Hi @Waitingtoexhale12 – I'm in a similar situation (IR1 not CR1). Currently waiting for additional docs to be approved at the consulate after our interview. Can I ask how long you've been waiting since uploading the docs? Seems to be taking a while for us :( 

4 hours ago, roechsle said:

Hi @Waitingtoexhale12 – I'm in a similar situation (IR1 not CR1). Currently waiting for additional docs to be approved at the consulate after our interview. Can I ask how long you've been waiting since uploading the docs? Seems to be taking a while for us :(

HI! I had to mail mine in due to an apparent glitch in their system & my case (so frustrating!!) but they all got delivered there on jan 10. When did you upload yours? 

12 hours ago, Waitingtoexhale12 said:

HI! I had to mail mine in due to an apparent glitch in their system & my case (so frustrating!!) but they all got delivered there on jan 10. When did you upload yours? 

Hi!

I uploaded the day after my interview on the 6th December and they were confirmed received on the 16th December. The Consular Officer at the interview said it'd take "a couple of weeks to review".

Since then have heard nothing!

On 1/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, roechsle said:

Hi!

I uploaded the day after my interview on the 6th December and they were confirmed received on the 16th December. The Consular Officer at the interview said it'd take "a couple of weeks to review".

Since then have heard nothing!

My status changed from Refused to Ready today so hopefully that means they have at least looked at my case! Any updates on yours?

31 minutes ago, Waitingtoexhale12 said:

My status changed from Refused to Ready today so hopefully that means they have at least looked at my case! Any updates on yours?

Nothing yet... really hoping to hear something soon!

Hello! Hopefully you can help me 😊.

I have my IR1 interview in 2 weeks. I have my police check but it's already one year old.

Should I requested another one for the interview? did you get a new one?

Thank you!!!

12 hours ago, Luciahidalgo said:

Hello! Hopefully you can help me 😊.

I have my IR1 interview in 2 weeks. I have my police check but it's already one year old.

Should I requested another one for the interview? did you get a new one?

Thank you!!!

Hi! I got a new one for my interview. I could be wrong, but I believe they’re only valid for 12 months.

5 hours ago, roechsle said:

but I believe they’re only valid for 12 months.

They are valid for 2 years: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html "Police certificates expire after two years"

18 hours ago, Luciahidalgo said:

I have my police check but it's already one year old.

It's still valid.

Hello, I’m a first time poster so please be kind :) 

My husband qualified for an employment based immigrant visa (EB) and opted for consular processing. We are DQ at NVC since August 2021. We were not expecting to hear from the Sydney consulate during lockdown but when lockdown ended, there was still no contact. I’ve only just become aware of the consulate relocation/closure and that clarifies the lack of contact. 

Do you know when they might restart immigrant visa interviews? Has anyone had a similar DQ and heard from the consulate? We would just like to know if it’s weeks/months/years that we need to be prepared to wait for. 

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone recently applied to expedite their case with NVC and got approved? if so, can you please share your experience and timeline here? just trying to gauge the timeframe as I recently sent NVC an email to expedite our case and currently waiting for their response.    

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question about the interview scheduling process. We are documentarily qualified for an IR1, but waiting to hear from the NVC as to when our interview will be. How much notice do you normally get ahead of when your interview will be? (e.g. will I know a month in advance? two months?). I'm wondering how much time I will have to prepare flights, medical appointment, take time off work, etc. My husband travels a lot for work so it would be helpful to know if we might need to be ready to attend an interview at short notice. I read somewhere that the NVC always contacts people in the middle of the month for all interviews in the following month - is this true? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Whenwillthisend said:

I'm hoping someone can help me with a question about the interview scheduling process. We are documentarily qualified for an IR1, but waiting to hear from the NVC as to when our interview will be. How much notice do you normally get ahead of when your interview will be? (e.g. will I know a month in advance? two months?). I'm wondering how much time I will have to prepare flights, medical appointment, take time off work, etc. My husband travels a lot for work so it would be helpful to know if we might need to be ready to attend an interview at short notice. I read somewhere that the NVC always contacts people in the middle of the month for all interviews in the following month - is this true? Thanks!

Hey! Normally they let you know 1 or 2 months before your interview.

Hey all!

I was wondering if you could help me 😊. Finally, after waiting for sooo long, my interview is in 2 days at Melbourne’s consulate.

Fist question: I just bought the prepaid satchel and I accidentally signed it (attached) do you think this could be a problem? Should I buy a new one? 

Second question: On the website says this "complete the “Return” address field as the U.S. Consulate address." This is at the back, right? And which address should I use? Melbourne's consulate?

Sorry if these questions are silly but I'm just nervous 😅

Thank you 🙏 

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-14 at 4.38.23 PM.jpeg

Edited by Luciahidalgo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/14/2022 at 4:41 PM, Luciahidalgo said:

Hey all!

I was wondering if you could help me 😊. Finally, after waiting for sooo long, my interview is in 2 days at Melbourne’s consulate.

Fist question: I just bought the prepaid satchel and I accidentally signed it (attached) do you think this could be a problem? Should I buy a new one? 

Second question: On the website says this "complete the “Return” address field as the U.S. Consulate address." This is at the back, right? And which address should I use? Melbourne's consulate?

Sorry if these questions are silly but I'm just nervous 😅

Thank you 🙏 

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-14 at 4.38.23 PM.jpeg

How long have you been waiting from submitting your application up to the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.