1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, ashleyjan07 said:

My husband and I had our interview on January 11. Finally yesterday Jan. 13 the case's online status changed to: 'Card being produced'

We are beyond ecstatic, as it was a fortunately a very speedy process for us (7 months!) 

I wish everyone a speedy process as well!

For lucky few its speedy....for most it's not.

Quick Update Guys;

I had my interview today.

It went well and we were called in together and the gentleman asked my wife how we met and our address.

Then he asked me when i came to the country and if i work and then the Yes/No questions.

He handed us the Recommended for Approval Letter and after a couple of hours my status changed to "New Card Is Been Produced"

We are so happy after 8 months we are finally get the 2 yr conditional residence (Until 1 yr and 9 months from now :).

Good luck to you guys and who ever is waiting that day will come until then enjoy life with your loved ones and have fun as much as you can.

its sucks but what can you do. keep up the faith.

Cheers.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
2 hours ago, optimistic23 said:

Quick Update Guys;

I had my interview today.

It went well and we were called in together and the gentleman asked my wife how we met and our address.

Then he asked me when i came to the country and if i work and then the Yes/No questions.

He handed us the Recommended for Approval Letter and after a couple of hours my status changed to "New Card Is Been Produced"

We are so happy after 8 months we are finally get the 2 yr conditional residence (Until 1 yr and 9 months from now :).

Good luck to you guys and who ever is waiting that day will come until then enjoy life with your loved ones and have fun as much as you can.

its sucks but what can you do. keep up the faith.

Cheers.

Great! Congratz

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
9 hours ago, GCJACK said:

No updates on EAD or AP yet but AoS changed to "Ready to schedule an interview". I guess it's a generic message. How about yours ?

Thank You.

thank you

No updates on EAD/AP. The case was transferred to FO last November, after that radio silence. I am just raising SR and waiting for an update. 

Mine is not in the "Ready to schedule an interview" stage....so I am guessing it's going to be a long journey for me

On 1/14/2021 at 9:57 PM, AC&MH said:

For lucky few its speedy....for most it's not.

I understand your frustration with the process - But do you honestly think that these posts EVERY time someone else gets positive news are helpful?  There are many waiting longer than you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
3 hours ago, SusnOwen said:

I understand your frustration with the process - But do you honestly think that these posts EVERY time someone else gets positive news are helpful?  There are many waiting longer than you.

First, I made no comment critical of you. 

Kindly save your opinions on my frustrations.  You honestly have no basis to understand what most are going through if your case was finished in 7 months.

Good for you though. Happy for you.

My entire problem with this process is the unfairness and the randomness of the results.  People waiting far longer than you, and yes me, for no other reason than they have the wrong person holding their case files.

Also, I wasn't aware I needed to screen my posts with you to determine their level of "helpfulness before commenting.

I guess that's next thing in the new culture..."helpfulness police".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just got an update for the I-130 today which I had filed online.

On January 19, 2021, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX, and sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in your notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by February 18, 2021, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

So at least one part is moving. I am still waiting on Biometrics and it seems that this might be the only thing holding it up. When I reach out to USCIS they are now just giving me a basic response saying that the case is in line waiting fingerprints and that COVID-19 has delayed the process. I hope with the I-130 approval, it means things might move faster. 

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

4 hours ago, KAP2019 said:

Wow! Case updated to 'Interview was Scheduled!' I can't believe it!!!

Biometrics: Jan 7

Interview Scheduled: Jan 19

LAWRENCE OFFICE IS THE BEST AND REALLY FAST !! HAPPY FOR YOU!! 

GOOD LUCK!!

20 hours ago, KAP2019 said:

Wow! Case updated to 'Interview was Scheduled!' I can't believe it!!!

Biometrics: Jan 7

Interview Scheduled: Jan 19

Hello, just wondring if you have received the interview appointment letter in the mail? Thank you

Does anyone know how long after the biometrics appointment you will receive your EAD or AP? I am a bit confused coz I noticed people receive it after 1 month and some after almost 6 months. Just confusing what to expect.

17 hours ago, Lisa Pr said:

Received the interview notice by mail ! woohoo 😀
Still no updates on EAD or AP but at this point I gave up on those ! 

Congrats! I was thinking our "batch" is lucky in the sense that we did not have to pay for the new hefty fee for i-765 and end up in a situation where it will not be necessary anyway!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.