Dotagirlandboy

N-400 June 2020 Filers

845 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

Have you heard if they contacted the people that run into the same issue as me? 

Thank you for reassuring me, i was really worried because I'm always extra careful with immigration paperwork and this is my first time running into issues.

Many have posted about this issue.  Just try and communicate with them from your account on Monday and tell them of what you perceive to be the technological glitch with "their site" and if you need to do anything else to make sure they have all the documents you submitted.  Best...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 6/19/2020 at 10:05 AM, Bella1464 said:

Hey everyone! 

I am applying in July. Just wanted to see if anyone is applying as divorced person? Or maybe know of someone who has, what to expect perhaps? Thank you all in advance and good luck ☺

Hey Bella! Unfortunately I'm so far away from filling yet (6 months away) but I'm divorced, applied for i751 good faith marriage, was approved with no interview, people keep saying that they can turn your n400 interview into a i751 interview, please keep posting how it goes for you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 7/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Sartre said:

Many have posted about this issue.  Just try and communicate with them from your account on Monday and tell them of what you perceive to be the technological glitch with "their site" and if you need to do anything else to make sure they have all the documents you submitted.  Best...

This is the response i got for my inquiry. I want to say 3 things:

1st nobody contacted what so ever 

2 second I don't understand how can i get a response sent by an immigration officer on a Sunday

3rd this email literally just told me to submit another inquiry even tho the first inquiry had a very detailed email about what happened 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20200705-162235_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200705-162241_Chrome.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

This is the response i got for my inquiry. I want to say 3 things:

1st nobody contacted what so ever 

2 second I don't understand how can i get a response sent by an immigration officer on a Sunday

3rd this email literally just told me to submit another inquiry even tho the first inquiry had a very detailed email about what happened 🤷🏻‍♂️

This looks like an automated canned response. You'll probably have better luck calling that 800 number they mentioned.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline
11 minutes ago, millefleur said:

This looks like an automated canned response. You'll probably have better luck calling that 800 number they mentioned.

On top of the email it did say "immigration services officer" 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

On top of the email it did say "immigration services officer" 🤷🏻‍♂️

As advised by someone else, call the 800 number on Monday and also, at least I would do it, send the same inquiry you sent on the weekend around 9:00 AM EST Monday morning. 

I just want to be sure, you neither see the questionnaire you filled out nor the documents you downloaded the first time, correct?

Edited by Sartre

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sartre said:

As advised by someone else, call the 800 number on Monday and also, at least I would do it, send the same inquiry you sent on the weekend around 9:00 AM EST Monday morning. 

I just want to be sure, you neither see the questionnaire you filled out nor the documents you downloaded the first time, correct?

I see the n400 snapshot but I don't see any of my documents that i uploaded the first time.

I only see the documents i uploaded in the unsolicited information section

But I'll call monday for sure

It feels strange to be back to VJ. I used this website as guidance for the removal of conditions (and it went great).

My window for Natz opened a year ago and I wasn’t really in the urge for it. So I finally decided to apply last June 2020. Let’s see how it goes. ☺️

Online filler, simply and easy. 

1 hour ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

I see the n400 snapshot but I don't see any of my documents that i uploaded the first time.

I had the same issue btw. I was reviewing everything and for some strange reason the website was not reading my supporting docs as “uploaded” and it was just a — symbol. I was actually about to pay when I realized that. After going back and re-uploading everything it finally accepted the docs. I’m glad I caught that.

call the 800 number and explain. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Great, Now we know Nothing,
Estimated wait time:
We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

Timeline
21 hours ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

I just got off the phone with uscis. 

Unfortunately i couldn't get a hold of an IO because they are not available to take calls after 11am which i didn't know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Second, they said that my n400 is not showing on their system even tho i have an electronic noa1 that showed up on my uscis profile today.

I'll try to take time off work tomorrow and give them another call.

I'll keep you posted

Edited by Tunisian_tunisia

57 minutes ago, Tunisian_tunisia said:

I just got off the phone with uscis. 

Unfortunately i couldn't get a hold of an IO because they are not available to take calls after 11am which i didn't know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Second, they said that my n400 is not showing on their system even tho i have an electronic noa1 that showed up on my uscis profile today.

I'll try to take time off work tomorrow and give them another call.

I'll keep you posted

I hope things go better tomorrow...I think they might just let you download everytlhing again.  However,  be ready to mail your documents in if they can't solve the problem for you. I consider myself lucky that every step of the way so far has gone smoothly, quite a few applicants have had glitches with downloading documents. Best...

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sartre said:

I hope things go better tomorrow...I think they might just let you download everytlhing again.  However,  be ready to mail your documents in if they can't solve the problem for you. I consider myself lucky that every step of the way so far has gone smoothly, quite a few applicants have had glitches with downloading documents. Best...

I just got off the phone with a tier 2 officer and he said that he can clearly see my application and my documents and that my notice of action will be emailed soon. He said i should not be concerned. But also when i asked if he can see my documents he said yes i see 30 documents but honestly i wasn't sure how many documents i have submitted so i didn't ask anything. Now after i hang up i counted my docs and i found out i submitted way more than just 30. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Idk if i should call again honestly, i tend to be a little anxious when it comes to immigration process and now i don't know if i should take his word for not being concerned about it or just try another call 🤷🏻‍♂️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So.... I received a NOA (both in mail and electronic one) but I don't see any docs uploaded under my case section, only my case snapshot (I submitted my application over a month ago) despite definitely uploading them (I mean the system wouldn't even allow you to submit the application without the required documentation).

Should I be concerned? :D

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

Timeline
23 minutes ago, .yana said:

So.... I received a NOA (both in mail and electronic one) but I don't see any docs uploaded under my case section, only my case snapshot (I submitted my application over a month ago) despite definitely uploading them (I mean the system wouldn't even allow you to submit the application without the required documentation).

Should I be concerned? :D

I'm in the same boat as you read my previous posts to have an idea about what i did.

Did your noa1 email and physical copy take a month to come?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.