dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

I need help ASAP. This is getting frustrating... third RFE we've had, the person reviewing our case is not being kind to us at all.

Tax transcripts show our joint-sponsor as making about $2,000 over the threshold, but for some reason the NVC won't accept it. They asked for him 1099-R (he's retired military, he has a little side business where he sells stuff he makes on Etsy, Ebay and Facebook, made about 8k extra from it, that's what helped put it over the threshold) so I submitted that, now they're asking for my wife's W-2 (which.. we're using a joint-sponsor...what?) and proof of my joint-sponor's current employment (he's literally retired, he just sells stuff on Etsy)

The tax transcripts literally show this, they show he has deposited it and paid tax on it. Literally no money is being hidden, the NVC REFUSES to accept this.

So today we got three letters in our inbox, we thought it would be our DQ finally. After two months. Nope, please submit [my wife's] proof of employment, please submit [joint-sponsors] proof of employment then a NVC feedback message on top of that saying "Your sponsor doesn't meet the requirements to sponsor you (I guess 34,000 when the threshold is 32,000 isn't enough huh?), the interviewer at the consulate will decide on this at the interview (What????)" 

So what does this mean? I already left a very long message to the NVC basically detailing the entire situation, why this is my third RFE and they can't give me specifically what I want. I do not know if calling the NVC is worth it but I am considering doing it tomorrow. Are we DQ'd/our interview being scheduled? Has the NVC worker just given up, said screw it, I'll let the interviewer decide (he will have one look at the transcript and see we're legit lol). We literally got messages asking us for more documents at the same time as that "the interviewer will decide at the consulate", everything else is accepted, the IV, AOS, etc etc, the only thing they want is some imaginary documents detailing how somehow our joint-sponsor is employed by a company he isn't employed by, I'm starting to think they had one look at the 1099-R, saw he made 27k from that, then saw our tax transcript, saw he made 35k on that and went "wait what??? how?!?!" and thought he was employed? He did write in the employment box he was employed at this company but specifically wrote "Owner of Business, _____ Sales." No W-2 has been issued and I asked and he said he'll have a check through but he isn't sure of a 1040, he filed through HRGo.

This is a huge rant and more of a rant than a cry for help honestly, I already asked for help on the NVC board but if anyone has any experience, please share. If I call NVC, would they be able to fix it for me? I am starting to want the contracted worker the NVC has looking at my case to get grabbed by the scruff of their neck and thrown out for this, we should be waiting for our interview already ugh.image.png.286a2af85d0581ff2b83c0c82cb5ec74.pngimage.png.0e10c61ecb6f4502c01dd52692e1d642.png

Yeah he doesnt make enough right? Hmmm.

image.png.02c60888e0609cbbfe71ce0c88998a71.png

Yeah we didn't at all mess up, it even says self-employed... :I

Edited by ohcoffeeeyes

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

@ohcoffeeeyes I’m tagging you rather than quoting the entire post (for some reason it won’t let me use quote selection today).

First of all - I’m sorry, this must be very frustrating. 
For what it’s worth - 2 months processing time (with 3 RFE’s) is still faster than others are waiting for initial review, so you’re good on timeline (just including a little silver lining here).

As for the messages: From what you describe, I assume that the two RFE’s are for your submission, and the third message is a response to your NVC inquiry which can differ, and is usually a more general response. If you decide to call NVC instead, I recommend that the petitioner and principal sponsor calls them.

Now for the actual issue:

You are mentioning “our income” repeatedly. I assume you are the beneficiary and your spouse the petitioner. The income on the I-864 should be your spouses, not yours (unless you have solid proof that you’ll remain employed in the same job that you currently have, after immigrating to the US).

The joint sponsor is making JUST above the poverty line, and from retirement money. Preferred is actual income. May I ask the age of the joint sponsor? That could be another issue (if the concern is, that he’s elderly), since the sponsors contract with the government will remain in place for a long time (until you complete 40 quarters of work, or become a USC, or 10 years are completed I think are the triggers).

Have you considered using a different joint sponsor? As the “general” response stated, even if you get DQ after satisfying NVC required documentation, it’s possible that the consular Officer at the embassy will not approve a visa under the provided financial circumstances. Something to consider.

I hope you’ll be able to resolve this soon, for your own piece of mind. We’ve seen others with “just above poverty line” income getting similar notices. The public charge concern is becoming bigger and bigger under the current administration.

Good luck!

At NVC stage and trying to upload all my AOS documents. The past few years I have worked overseas, so I know my income doesn't count and I have a joint sponsor, no problem. I'm using my past tax returns since the IRS is not mailing out tax transcripts to overseas addresses right now. NVC instructions say if you use the tax returns, to also upload the W2s. Since I'm overseas though, I don't have W2s. Do you think they want me to also upload the forms that are like year-end statements? It's all in Korean, but I guess they could still read the numbers. Anyone have experience with this?

Sent I-130 Packet:  09/27/2019 

Received/PD:          09/30/2019

NOA 1 Sent:            10/02/2019

Updated :dancing::         10/15/2019

Updated:                  02/23/2020 (NSC to TSC)

Updated:                  04/02/2020

Updated:                  05/26/2020

NOA 2:                      05/27/2020

NVC Paid:                05/28/2020

NVC submitted:      07/04/2020

I-129F Sent:            10/24/2019

I-129F Recieved:    10/28/2019

I-129F NOA 1:         11/04/2019  (no action on I-129F)

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

@ohcoffeeeyes I’m tagging you rather than quoting the entire post (for some reason it won’t let me use quote selection today). 

Thank you for your response, yes I know it's frustrating and we're lucky that its going fast, we were supposed to suffer through Nebraska and not even be approved for our i-130 until August, so we actually got very lucky, for us its just draining, all the RFE's and feeling like we're getting nowhere, with Nebraska, it was just waiting, for this, its waiting and feeling like we're hitting constant roadblocks.

If we do decide to call NVC, would we be able to get it sorted out do you think? I did send an inquiry, I hear they take about 3 days to finish but considering the reply to last inquiry was "You don't meet the threshold (wrong)" and you said it was just general and sounded copy-pasted. 

I said our income a lot, cause we're married. It's more instinctual. I didn't put any information of mine on the NVC, my wife's boss wrote a letter saying she made $23,000 a year (which we just included cause we had it at the time and it is enough for two in Texas) and we included her tax-transcripts, we do not have her W-2 (she only made 10,000 last year, she was part-time, hence why we went the joint-sponsor route) uploaded or any pay stubs but if her pay stubs show she makes that $23,000 should we just give up on the joint-sponsor? 

The joint-sponsor is young, he turned 40 this April. He lives off his retirement money, his VA benefits (he's 100% disabled) and his business he set aside, he has made similar income from the business the past three years cause he has a strong client base that often orders the same things all year round, so the money really is only going up, as far as *I know*, he's made above the poverty every year from it. Should I try to get him to submit his last three years of tax transcripts instead of just this year to show his income has remained almost steady if not improved? If their fear is that its a fluctuating income.

My wife knows no other joint-sponsors, hence why sadly we have to use her father. This is our only route unless the NVC says whatever and accepts my wife based on months of paystubs, a business letter and her old W-2. I'm starting to think that the ideal way around this is just dumping financial documents, something I didn't want to do cause my father-in-law is a private person and this was teeing on the edge for him.

(ah! public charge. i should have realized, thank you for the response btw!)

Update to my previous post, I called the NVC, they told me exactly what we needed. So stupid of them to not tell me something properly in the emails. Business license was it mainly and recent paystubs, that was what they were missing.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

Update to my previous post, I called the NVC, they told me exactly what we needed. So stupid of them to not tell me something properly in the emails. Business license was it mainly and recent paystubs, that was what they were missing.

Glad you got it resolved. Good luck - I sense a DQ around the corner 😁

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kristina P said:

Hello everyone, 

I got the DQ date on February 03, 2020.

Still waiting for the interview date.

I'm wondering if anyone got their interview date lately

The best thing you can do is monitor social media and website of your specific embassy. Some have started giving appointments to approved expedites, and many have updated their page this week announcing that they will start scheduling IR1/CR1 visa interviews at date XX (embassy specific).

On 6/16/2020 at 7:44 AM, IAQ said:

We got DQ yesterday. First submission April 29, RFE May 26th, then second submission May 28th. Has anyone heard anything about embassy openings worldwide? I'm sure its different for each country, just wondering what things are looking  like currently.

I also just got DQ’ed yesterday, waiting for interview date. Join our UAE whatsapp group, 3 of the members got their interviews scheduled on June 29 (Two were expedited and one normal processing that was cancelled on March). Goodluck to us :)

Edited by JC&PB

Timeline
31 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

I also just got DQ’ed yesterday, waiting for interview date. Join our UAE whatsapp group, 3 of the members got their interviews scheduled on June 29 (Two were expedited and one normal processing that was cancelled on March). Goodluck to us :)

Abu Dhabi Embassy? I’ll PM you - would like to join as well. My hubby is from Iraq but will be interviewed in ABD :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi team, I have a quick question plz... for form I-864EZ I electronically signed it. Will I get a REF or should I sign and upload it again?

Thank U 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
40 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

Did the interview letters come this week after the DOS directive (June 17)? Great to see some movement in our region.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, JC&PB said:

Instead of asking people to join your WhatsApp group, you should share information here for the benefits of everyone.  There are a lot of people here at VJ who have a wealth of experience and even if someone give bad advice, they can correct it. 
WhatsApp is unmonitored private chat where anyone could fishing for information.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

6 minutes ago, onek said:

Instead of asking people to join your WhatsApp group, you should share information here for the benefits of everyone.  There are a lot of people here at VJ who have a wealth of experience and even if someone give bad advice, they can correct it. 
WhatsApp is unmonitored private chat where anyone could fishing for information.

If you check facebook, there’s a lot of whatsapp groups that was ‘country specific’ as this is solely based on the interview location. We are all expats in UAE and it’s easier to communicate in whatsapp regarding our embassy details. Don’t worry everyone are updating their timeline and also they’re experiences and sharing it on VJ and facebook groups.

It’s been 16 days since our approval and we haven’t received NVC welcome letter yet. Our case is IOE and mostly everybody recieves their number within 24 hours. Lawyer is saying to wait for 45 days but I am scared it might take longer thn that. Anybody else experienced the same? What should we do regarding this? 😓😓

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.