dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Very cool, congrats! Is this for approved expedite, re-schedule after cancellation or regular first schedule?

Saw some expedited CR1/IR1 for Frankfurt Germany got scheduled for this and next week. Europe is opening 🙏🏽

This is a regular first schedule :) 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I uploaded all documents included Evidence etc on May 17th it’s been 30 days no DQ yet should I worry about it or call NVC to check. They were so fast at the beginning they sent me invoice ID etc in one shoot now they are kind of dead lol anyways I filed for IR5 petition. 
 ALSO on ceac status shows documents needs to submitted by mail blah blah is that standard msg?

please advice TIA 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
10 minutes ago, amkhan said:

Hi, I uploaded all documents included Evidence etc on May 17th it’s been 30 days no DQ yet should I worry about it or call NVC to check. They were so fast at the beginning they sent me invoice ID etc in one shoot now they are kind of dead lol anyways I filed for IR5 petition. 
 ALSO on ceac status shows documents needs to submitted by mail blah blah is that standard msg?

please advice TIA 

NVC is currently reviewing submissions from March 6th so no, there’s no need to worry. They’re also stating that they give cases whose visas are not suspended preference, and I believe IR5 is a suspended category so just be patient and wait for your turn.

I don’t recall a “needs to submitted by mail blah blah” standard message. Do you mean in your inbox? Or do you mean the “don’t submit anything by mail”?

On 6/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, Quarknase said:

Congrats! 🎉 

There are an estimated 1001 threads around this topic on VJ and the short answer is no. Some embassies started scheduling emergency/expedite appointment, and DOS has released a statement which indicates that interviews won’t be resumed until a specific country has entered the last phase of re-openings and the specific post has gone through all phases successfully as well (full workforce, etc etc).

Thanks for the reply! Just saw today on another site that Paris embassy  had scheduled an interview for someone, and also another person chimed in with Seoul, Korea. Hope these are not isolated cases (they did not seem to be on an emergency basis, as the people were suprised to be scheduled).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, HanhChi said:

So, today I received an email from NVC notifying me of my case "becoming documentarily qualified." Does that mean my case is officially documentarily qualified or there will be more consideration (on the DS-206 maybe) before a final decision is made? And any of you has been having difficulty opening the messages on CEAC. I couldn't open mine at all after multiple attempts. Thank you!

You should call NVC. I got DQ and received that message via email. But there was also a msg on the CEAC website that I could not read. Turned out that it was a message saying that despite being DQ, they felt that I needed further proof of income and suggested I get a joint sponsor. 

So, you should call them to ensure what that message says. If you call 5 minutes before their opening time or right at closing, your waiting time will be less. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Hilde said:

You should call NVC. I got DQ and received that message via email. But there was also a msg on the CEAC website that I could not read. Turned out that it was a message saying that despite being DQ, they felt that I needed further proof of income and suggested I get a joint sponsor. 

So, you should call them to ensure what that message says. If you call 5 minutes before their opening time or right at closing, your waiting time will be less. Good luck!

Thank you! I called them, and they read the message for me. The wait was long but not too bad! Luckily, it was not anything major, just some general guideline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Il y a 1 minute, ReneeGG a déclaré:

Je voulais juste partager la rapidité avec laquelle ce processus s'est déroulé pour moi. J'ai soumis I-130 le 28 mars 2020, puis j'ai été approuvé par l'USCIS le 30 avril 2020. Une fois au stade NVC , j'ai soumis tous les documents / frais le 29 mai 2020. J'ai reçu RFE le 15 juin 2020 et je viens de recevoir un avis aujourd'hui que nous sommes DQ! Donc, moins de 3 mois! ?? C'est incroyablement rapide. Nous attendons maintenant de connaître la date de l'entretien. Je me sens très chanceux et je vous souhaite un traitement rapide!

I'm glad to heat that, congrat !!! 

Timeline
Just now, ReneeGG said:

Just wanted to share how quickly this process has gone for me. I submitted I-130 March 28, 2020 then was approved by USCIS on April 30, 2020. Once in the NVC stage, I submitted all docs/fees May 29, 2020. I received RFE on June 15, 2020 and just received notice today that we are DQ! So, less than 3 months!?? This is just insanely fast. Now we are waiting to hear about the interview date. I'm feeling very lucky and wish you all speedy processing!

Congrats, that’s amazing! We started at similar speed (I-130 approved within 3 months even though we had an RFE that took us 4 weeks to respond), but now are stuck at NVC waiting for document review since March. It’s crazy how unpredictable processing times have become this year (in a positive way, we all expect long wait times lol)

1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

Congrats, that’s amazing! We started at similar speed (I-130 approved within 3 months even though we had an RFE that took us 4 weeks to respond), but now are stuck at NVC waiting for document review since March. It’s crazy how unpredictable processing times have become this year (in a positive way, we all expect long wait times lol)

It's super unpredictable! We spoke with a lawyer in January and he gave us the impression that this would take a minimum of 18 months. So, we were pretty open to waiting until next year for any of this to start happening. I hope you hear something soon! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ReneeGG said:

It's super unpredictable! We spoke with a lawyer in January and he gave us the impression that this would take a minimum of 18 months. So, we were pretty open to waiting until next year for any of this to start happening. I hope you hear something soon! 

Thank you so much! Yes, we also expected to wait until late 2021 in the beginning. I (the petitioner) am only permanent resident. I spoke to the attorney that handled my immigration 5 years ago once our I-130 was approved and she literally said “damn girl, you just chopped off 15 months of processing time” 😆 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:36 PM, Quarknase said:

I’m sorry to hear - that must be frustrating! I have a question about the foreign income - did NVC confirm that it can be used? To my knowledge only US based income can be used for sponsorship since they wouldn’t make a contract with someone that doesn’t have the financial means in the US. Curious to hear more about how that can be accepted in your case!

Hey, quick update. We got DQ’d. In our resubmission I explained that we will work for the same companies in the US. I also added our assets (savings account value, with a statement). So I’m not sure which got us approved.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, StephNL said:

Hey, quick update. We got DQ’d. In our resubmission I explained that we will work for the same companies in the US. I also added our assets (savings account value, with a statement). So I’m not sure which got us approved.

Congrats!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.